Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How would you describe yourself - personality wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

complete dreamer, sensitive, stubborn, quirky, rambly, excitable, moody, shy, open but very people-wary, worrier, escapist, easily amused, huggy, obsessive, passionate, affectionate.

edit: just reading the first page, and can i add everything ruu said to my personality please? that is kinda me to a T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ah yes... the good old menstrual cup thread. A classic example of a thread that men don't want anything to do with.

Well in that case, I have the personality of one of these....

divacup.jpg

Joking, but thanks to my Geminian sign I am more like these...

Doctor_Jeckyll_y_mister_Hyde.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Niamho! wrote: »
    i thought this was just gonna be a describe yourself thingy....
    ive never thought about who i think im like... :confused:

It is a "describe yourself" thingy. I just so happen to describe myself using two sitcom stars.

Describe yourself whatever way you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

I'm intelligent, funny, a bit quirky at times, overly affectionate, I love doing silly things just for the sake of it and to have a laugh, I never take anything seriously, I can be stubborn at times, I'm a bit to selfless and for someone I cared about I'd do anything to make them happy, I'm really social but I talk way to much and it can be hard to shut me up :o

I can't think of anyone famous I'd compare myself, sorry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I like to think I'm a bit neurotic, shy, withdrawn, over affectionate with a pinch of intelligence thrown in. I dont know who that describes though - Garth Marenghi?

...author, dreamweaver, visionary plus actor....

• Advertisement

Baudelaire wrote: »
    I'm intelligent, funny, a bit quirky at times, overly affectionate, I love doing silly things just for the sake of it and to have a laugh, I never take anything seriously, I can be stubborn at times, I'm a bit to selfless and for someone I cared about I'd do anything to make them happy, I'm really social but I talk way to much and it can be hard to shut me up

:eek: Ok, apart from the selfless bit, it's scary how similar to me you sound. :eek:

No wonder you are fitting into BGRH so well. :D

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    :eek: Ok, apart from the selfless bit, it's scary how similar to me you sound. :eek:

No wonder you are fitting into BGRH so well. :D

Awwwww bless :o I feel so accepted now that the legend that is Tom approves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

14.jpg
    Meredith Grey from Grey's Anatomy. The dark, twisty one :|

****, i knew there was something i needed to do! finish watching darkplace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

complete dreamer, sensitive, stubborn, quirky, rambly, excitable, moody, shy, open but very people-wary, worrier, escapist, easily amused, huggy, obsessive, passionate, affectionate.

That is me! Narco, Get your own personality!! :D

I can also be a complete headwrecker at times and have absolutely no will power when it comes to certain people in my life! :(

• Advertisement

good thing i posted first, or people would think i was just copying you.

copycat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What lies you are all just copying me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

What a load of vain nonsense!

I notice none of you are selfish or boring.

I don't consider myself boring. Other people may. I don't particularly care.

And I admit I am selfish sometimes. But everyone is so it goes without saying doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

+1

I don't care what any of you are like in real life.
    As I'm sure you would be bored to tears with a list of my attributes.

This thread makes me want to scream.

I'm selfish, manipulative, biggoted, over-bearing, needy, possive, jealous, aggressive, pull the wings off flies and staple mice's ears to their feet. but I'm not boring.

Happy now? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I won't list a bunch of personality traits, but two things that give away what I'm like are that I'm an atheistic animal rights freak... Oh, and I love Bill Bailey :D

sueme wrote: »
    This thread makes me want to scream.

So why don't the pair of you just toddle off to the corner and sulk, with all the other grumps.

So why don't the pair of you just toddle off to the corner and sulk, with all the other grumps.

Well now we know what they're personalities are like! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Maybe not boring or selfish but I did compare myself to Dylan Moran. He's angry and obnoxious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I don't care what any of you are like in real life.
    As I'm sure you would be bored to tears with a list of my attributes.

I am bored to tears now just looking at the obvious one... intolernace

Lighten up. I took it as lighthearted. ffs who admits to having gordon ramseys temperment in the kitchen lol

I wouldn't say it was "intolerant" not to want to read all that navel gazing, just a tad boring.

....I'm ditzy, bit like Ali McBeal, yet strong, also incredibly gorgeous (look at the pic I chose!!!) but I can be moody sometimes, but I love cuddles....In other words I'm ADORABLE!!

Oh please.

Oh please.

Yeah, please. Please STFU.

A typical example of how bitchy this forum is becoming. You can't just go with the flow, or ignore it, you have to get your comment in. You can't just let people enjoy a light-hearted thread that is nothing more than a bit of craic.

Don't worry, no need to describe your personality, we have a pretty clear picture of what you are like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

That's absurd. Because sueme calls a spade a spade and highlights this thread for the kind of stereotypical indulgent rubbish that it is, she is told to shut the fukc up, that she's boring, intolerant, sulky, grumpy and bitchy. Good one lads!

This thread reminds me of all those women who look at Sex and the City and go on about how much like their life it is. Dear God. In your dreams!

And as for telling us not to rain on your parade...this is a public forum. If you don't want anyone to be able to respond, make it private and then only let the ditzy, adorable, passionate, exciting, strong, unique and gorgeous women in instead of us party poopers! Easy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Again, why read it? or why bother getting yourself upset about it?
    Its the internet.:rolleyes:

That's absurd. Because sueme calls a spade a spade and highlights this thread for the kind of stereotypical indulgent rubbish that it is, she is told to shut the fukc up, that she's boring, intolerant, sulky, grumpy and bitchy. Good one lads!

This thread reminds me of all those women who look at Sex and the City and go on about how much like their life it is. Dear God. In your dreams!

And as for telling us not to rain on your parade...this is a public forum. If you don't want anyone to be able to respond, make it private and then only let the ditzy, adorable, passionate, exciting, strong, unique and gorgeous women in instead of us party poopers! Easy.

I would take this more seriously coming from someone who didnt flap around asking to be demodded at the first hint of a feedback thread.

Please STFU.
    Nice.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Whats wrong with thinking positively about yourself? When did that become a bad thing? This is fun, and navel gazing is more about when youre being morose. The people here are doing the exact opposite, they are being lighthearted and having a laugh.

sueme. your avatar is entirely appropriate.

neuro-praxis. Lightweight threads have their place. If you want an alternate to this levity, go to PI, maybe?

Nice.

Did you not see or bother to notice the smiley at teh start.
    light and fun.

I spend a good proportion of my time dealing with people and breaking streotypical roles between the sexes

Then you see bitchy self-centred posts like that derailing and ruining a thread. For in the end your pushing your own agenda and issues.

sad

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

TBH the above posts and the other willfully ignorant and **** stirring posts on other threads are making me come back to LL less and less, and Im sure its doing the same for others, its too much reading all this crap back and forth.

Advertisement