Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How often do you get out?

• 13-08-2014 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi guys,

Finding it very frustrating of late. Dublin based. Working 9-6 Monday-Friday so only able to get out evenings and weekends, and this summer has been shocking so far. I bought my gear back in April and I have been out three times since then.

The past 2 evenings I have sat at the beach while the wind teased but ultimately failed to get going. This is annoying too as I drive the opposite direction to get there so I don't get home until 8pm having done nothing with my evening.

The bright evenings are also going to be gone in another 4 or 5 weeks so I'll be restricted again to weekends only.

Typically, how often would those of you under similar work related restrictions get out on the water in Dublin? Am I just going through a bad time of the year for it?

Comments

This Summer has been very bad I agree for wind in Dublin. It's hard to give an average of times you can get out- you never know. The Autumn / Winter brings more wind - that's just the way it is. Going west for a weekend or even a day can be worth it as it gets more wind and has a lot of spots for kiting in a westerly wind obviously which is the prevailing direction in Ireland.

Advertisement