Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Parent Family to CE Scheme??

• 09-05-2012 8:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

If a person who is on OFP payment wants to go on the CE scheme,are they actually changed over from the OPF payment to a CE payment,or does it still stay on the Social Welfare computer systems as a OFP payment??

Thanks.:)

Comments

I am open to correction on this, Citizens Advice might help you out, but:

A person transferring from a social welfare payment, any payment, to a CE scheme, gets the basic Fas allowance for themselves, 188 a week, plus 20 euro for the CE scheme, plus any Fas allowances such as additions for dependents, travel allowance and fuel allowance, but will lose any other "extras" - I am yet to get clarification from social welfare as to what those extras entail - I wasn't claiming any extras myself on DA but still don't know if I lose my travel pass or not!

It has been my understanding that transferring from any social welfare payment to CE now entails switching from that payment to a Fas allowance. Fas do pay an increase for dependents though so probably works out better. I don't know the full story though, I would really suggest going to your local Citizens Advice.

Advertisement