Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Galway" Rag Week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Why the quotation marks? Is it secretly in some other location?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Why the quotation marks? Is it secretly in some other location?

It's unofficial and therefore not associated with either college, just a "Galway" rag week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

What happened to the facebook page - It seems a load of stuff has been deleted - Are there still tickets for any of the events?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭wallpaper12

Whatever happened to this concert we were apparently going to have in replace of rag week? Have the SU been lying to us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

its on the 24th of march, I believe its for 2000 people. Don't ask me the name of the act. But it only facilitates about 1/9 of the students. As i think there's roughly about 18,000 students overall.

Also the galway rag week 2012 is only promoting Club K & Fiber event. Could be whose behind it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭mcw92

If Facebook is to go by, a NUIG "mystery" tour is coming to PURE Nightclub , Sligo on the 23rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Apparently starts tonight, do you think many students will treat this as rag week and neglect assignments, lectures and the likes or will it just be groups of first years and the likes who partake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 spartandolan

Apparently the mystery tour is still going ahead its just that all the reps that were selling tickets are all getting fined nd warnings for associating NUIG with rag week. Does anyone know where we get on the bus in galway for the mystery tour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

At the "new" Bus Station at the back of the Radisson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

Apparently the mystery tour is still going ahead its just that all the reps that were selling tickets are all getting fined nd warnings for associating NUIG with rag week. Does anyone know where we get on the bus in galway for the mystery tour ?

Yeah a guy I know has been to some disciplinary meeting with the college for selling tickets.. Loada ****e tbh!

I dunno where the bus is leaving from though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Scholar007, I believe we found that busload of clowns you were asking about...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

Nailz wrote: »
    Scholar007, I believe we found that busload of clowns you were asking about...

I didn't know the circus was in town.. ?

Ficheall wrote: »

Are you sure ? Where did you hear that ?

Are you sure ? Where did you hear that ?
    Positive. Some lad who joined boards ostensibly to find information about it, but in reality trying to promote the event. Can't remember where exactly the post was now though...

Positive. Some lad who joined boards ostensibly to find information about it, but in reality trying to promote the event. Can't remember where exactly the post was now though...

Are you talking bout me there as they guy who joined to promote the event ? I honestly ament here to promote it ... i just bought a ticket but i never found out where we get on :P

Imagine if there were no bus - would that not be the most glorious prank ever pulled in NUIG? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

ciano1 wrote: »
    I didn't know the circus was in town.. ?
    They might as well be with all the travelling clowns that have made there way to Galway this week.

Heheehe wud be funny but very doubtful because aload of people selling the tickets got in trouble with the college... :P so just to confirm the bus is going from the ''new'' bus station beside the radison ?

Heheehe wud be funny but very doubtful because aload of people selling the tickets got in trouble with the college... :P so just to confirm the bus is going from the ''new'' bus station beside the radison ?
    No, I've no idea where it's leaving from.
    I don't know if the ticket-sellers would actually get in trouble with the college, as the college is actively trying to discourage such, no?

I don't know if the ticket-sellers would actually get in trouble with the college, as the college is actively trying to discourage such, no?

why did you say in an earlier post that you were positive the bus was going from there ?

• Advertisement

Because
    a) mild trolling
    b) I presumed you were shilling
    c) I can't believe anyone would buy a ticket without finding out any details
    d) you'll get a bus there that will bring you to Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

Because
    a) mild trolling
    b) I presumed you were shilling
    c) I can't believe anyone would buy a ticket without finding out any details
    d) you'll get a bus there that will bring you to Sligo.

Ficheall,

Nobody is trying to suppress your freedom. It's when it becomes a problem e.g. drunken yobbery on the streets. We Irish have a social interaction problem and use alcohol to substitute it - the result is a street ramapge of disorderly conduct with stupid people.

Skopzz,

Why on earth are you directing your comment at me? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rurallake

Well gatty now yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

You would be banned for a few days for this if this sub-forum wasn't so militantly anti-alcohol. And if students getting drunk (shock, horror) pissed you off so much, why don't you leave and join the real world like the rest of us who joined NUIG in 2003/2004?!

Banned for deliberate misinformation? Possibly. Possibly deserved. Bit of a stretch though.
    If it weren't promoting an event flying in the face of NUIG's stance on "Rag Week", from a suspiciously new poster, then I probably wouldn't have said anything.
    And if students getting drunk (shock, horror) pissed you off so much, why don't you leave and join the real world like the rest of us who joined NUIG in 2003/2004?!
    I've a problem with people in general acting like dicks because they're drunk, but I haven't really got a problem with them being drunk, and I don't see how joining "the real world" would help in that regard? Is it more fun out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I've a problem with people in general acting like dicks because they're drunk, but I haven't really got a problem with them being drunk, and I don't see how joining "the real world" would help in that regard? Is it more fun out there?

Because back when I was in college I didn't mind drunken idiot students but now that I'm 26, they piss me off no end whenever I visit Galway. It's all relative really. People get older and attitudes change and people change.

Of course drunken students that obviously annoy me wouldn't be the sole reason to stay or leave college but I'd definitely consider it a factor when I'm weighing up my options. Just saiyan.

Because back when I was in college I didn't mind drunken idiot students but now that I'm 26, they piss me off no end whenever I visit Galway. It's all relative really. People get older and attitudes change and people change.

Of course drunken students that obviously annoy me wouldn't be the sole reason to stay or leave college but I'd definitely consider it a factor when I'm weighing up my options. Just saiyan.

Ah, I seem to have missed your concern for me in your previous post. My bad.
    I'll bear your advice in mind the next time I'm weighing up such options.

Back on topic - RAG WEEK WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    Most importantly - where's a good place to get pancakes tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Most importantly - where's a good place to get pancakes tomorrow?

http://www.ihop.com/ They do quite tasty pancakes, journey could be a pain. I'd say the mr. waffle in newcastle should have them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭wallpaper12

there is a pancake morning in aras moyola between 11 and 1 tomorrow

Advertisement