Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

10 shot dead at Batman showing in Denver

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0720/ten-shot-dead-at-batman-premier-in-denver.html
    Reuters: Local radio in Denver citing reporter on scene says 10 dead after shooting at Batman film premier in Denver suburb

people whould be careful with spoilers....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

holy shit. wtf is wrong with people

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That's ****ed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

danniemcq wrote: »
    people whould be careful with spoilers....

...but the guns are ok then yeah?

EDIT @11:20: (explanation: this is regarding my view of the lackadaisical attitude gun buying/handling in the US, NOT a jab at the incident itself! Sorry.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It could be some twisted viral marketing campaign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

what happened was batwoman came to see the movie and see seen batman with robin and it all blew up from there so in other words its womens fault there fore all women should be banned from cinema from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

http://i.imgur.com/AgU4e.gif

The picture aptly described how I felt when I heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Franklin Yummy Matchmaking

what happened was batwoman came to see the movie and see seen batman with robin and it all blew up from there so in other words its womens fault there fore all women should be banned from cinema from now on

You are no Joker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

chin_grin wrote: »
    ...but the guns are ok then yeah? :pac:

oh aye, sure look at Canada. Way to polite to spoil movies but just as many guns and nowhere near as many deaths!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The cinema probably trolled people and had a showing of Batman and Robin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

oh aye, sure look at Canada. Way to polite to spoil movies but just as many guns and nowhere near as many deaths!

<bang> Sorry! Eh?

EDIT @11:23 (explanaton: That Canadians would be polite enough to say "sorry" if they shot at each other...a joke regarding their stereotype).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I feel terrible that my main concern reading this thread was that I would read a spoiler :( I'm going to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

12 dead confirmed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

:eek: What is WRONG with the world??

this isn't true, america have nearly 90 guns to every 100 people where as canada have just under 31 guns to every 100.

here is the wiki page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The jokes on this thread aren't funny at all. What an awful story :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

They say it was someone called Bruce Wayne or something. Said he got fed up with being called batman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Jeez, ya go to the cinema for a good time at the new Batman movie and you get shot dead! That is fcuking nuts!

Feel sorry for the families.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

They say it was someone called Bruce Wayne or something. Said he got fed up with being called batman.

you're joking right? :confused:

I wonder if the victims were wearing their 3D glasses at the time and thought it was all part of the movie LOL o man what a way to go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was the killer a critic or a fan (bearing in mind what happened on rottentomatoes.com)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

You're a loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heartless attempts at trying to be funny. Cold

There is little to say about these acts of violence to be honest. Except maybe WHAT THE FVCK IS WRONG WITH THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

Presumably tonights audiences across the States will be armed to the teeth.

some more info
    The radio station said a figure in a gas mask had opened fire at the showing in a mall in the suburb of Aurora and set off a smoke or tear gas bomb. It said initial police estimates were of 30-40 injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

davet82 wrote: »
    you're joking right? :confused:
    And they said AH was too serious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Very sad ... People are slowly exploding :(
    FatherLen wrote:
    this isn't true, america have nearly 90 guns to every 100 people where as canada have just under 31 guns to every 100.
    Yup its disgusting..... Everyone over here "WANTS THIER GUNS" and "NO ONE IS GONNA TAKE THEM AWAY" -- pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I wonder if the victims were wearing their 3D glasses at the time and thought it was all part of the movie LOL o man what a way to go

The movie isn't in 3D LOL. :rolleyes:

Bad Panda wrote: »
    The movie isn't in 3D LOL. :rolleyes:

No but the killing was LOL :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Some disgusting comments on this thread.

12 people murdered and we're happy enough to be making jokes.

Fcking pathetic display of double standards, we're all up in arms over a sectarian parade in Belfast, a kid who dies in an ambulance or couple on honeymoon who get murdered but it's grand to make jokes about the tragic murder victims here?

Because they aren't Irish, because they are American ? If it's not that, then do please explain why you think it's OK to get a few cheaps laugh out of what must have been a terrifying end and such a sad event for the family.

Genuinely horrified. Anyone who chirps up with 'lighten up' deserves nothing but comtempt. Pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lamb of jaysus what is wrong with some people, what a tragedy! Imagine going to the cinema to see a film with the possibility of never coming home again :(

And on a side note I reckon the future of Irish comedy is in serious trouble given some of the comments on this thread :rolleyes:

Advertisement