Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Reserve Educational exemptions

• 20-04-2015 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how long does it take to here back once the form is sent off for exemption?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Harry Bosch.

In 2007 when i applied there was an exemption section on the application form itself and i filled it out with the rest of my application. The entire application was then processed. There is no set time limit. it would depend on the nature of the exemption you require along with what you can off set against it. I had no Maths but service in the FCA and then later on in the Auxiliary Fire service, these references had to be checked, this took time. This was sufficent and my application was successfull. The entire process was very slow back then, but everything has to be checked. I used to touch base with the reserve office once a month to check that my application was still in the pipeline..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

I dont have maths , but have the rest of my LC , have charity work done and some good work exp, I'm hoping that's enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

I have no leaving cert at all....and got in, but did have other courses done, but not at degree level.

Advertisement