Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where's your area of interest?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

Is it possible to do courses with cd if your not in the unit????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Is it possible to do courses with cd if your not in the unit????
    If you mean as in not a registered member of CD, no, not that im aware off, im in ags meself but even tho im nt technically meant to take part in the cd i still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

If you mean as in not a registered member of CD, no, not that im aware off, im in ags meself but even tho im nt technically meant to take part in the cd i still do.

CD isnt one of the restricted pastimes sure???

CD isnt one of the restricted pastimes sure???
    yes but from the CD's point of view, they technically dnt like it because , in times off emergency i will be with ags and not working with them(CD), are you catchn me?

Does that mean you could technically be in the rdf so
    Do ya get paid in the cd???

• Advertisement

yes but from the CD's point of view, they technically dnt like it because , in times off emergency i will be with ags and not working with them(CD), are you catchn me?

Roger....thats a bit silly. I know a lot of serving members, myself included that are members of Coast Guard, RNLI and Inshore rescue services.....all frontline services. CD is second line, no reason why AGS members cant turn out when finished shift.

Roger....thats a bit silly. I know a lot of serving members, myself included that are members of Coast Guard, RNLI and Inshore rescue services.....all frontline services. CD is second line, no reason why AGS members cant turn out when finished shift.
    ye true true, but surprisingly the cd does a fair bit of ambulance work 4 the HSE, check the CD website there if ye want more details on that, im talking like emergency in the form of natural disasters, nuclear accidents, plane crashes etc etc :rolleyes: lol

Ach sure id say ye cud now, cnt remember wat we wer told way way bak in pollys, correction college, check it out sure...

No they made that quite clear in the college........conflict of interest and all that.

No they made that quite clear in the college........conflict of interest and all that.
    i just could'nt quite remember whether rdf was on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

Paid in the Civil Defence? I WISH!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

CD veteran myself. Nearly half a lifetime. ES wannabe, NAS reject, IPS hopeful. It took a recession to focus the mind. Didnt think i could afford pay cut in changing careers. That decision is gone now. I just hope i'm doing it for the right reasons. Had my reservations while in paramedic campaign, even more so now as prison service has always been an ambition but it presents its own challenges.

wexfjord wrote: »
    IPS hopeful

Irish Pony Society.......... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Irish Pony Society.......... :eek:

One has to aspire to something in life. today its the pony society, tomorrow the world. ponies are very clever you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

Main area of interest is the Fire Service and Ambulance Service, but I have more than a passing interest in all of the others. Was going to apply of the NAS the last recruitment drive but I was short the van licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 eastie

Ex US military (military police) and boston police department. Currently in a pure civilain life, the missus wasnt too fond of the late hours, and the odd chance of a bullet (for me, not her) so she decided we were moving back to Ireland. Dont regret it, but miss the lads and the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mc51d

Hi have a big interest in AGS but I'd say I will be waiting awhile to join due to the ban and I'm sure there is going to be a back log of people joining, so it could be two years before I even get into templemore if I'm lucky.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

mc51d wrote: »
    Hi have a big interest in AGS but I'd say I will be waiting awhile to join due to the ban and I'm sure there is going to be a back log of people joining, so it could be two years before I even get into templemore if I'm lucky.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mc51d

Thanks very much psni :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Corcioch

Ill give this thread a Bump.

Garda, Traffic Corps . . . . .mainly Motorbike but not much lately with the weather!!!!:mad:

Arrived here via a link on Google to the pictures thread . . . . . . Nice Place:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Civil Defence for me :) Also interested in Air Corps and military goings ons if thats counted as "Emergency Services".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Cliff Hanger

Coast Guard myself.

Cliff rescue, search and boat team.

Coast Guard myself.

Cliff rescue, search and boat team.

Welcome!!!

Nice to see an IrCG member on there...only a few have posted but havint remained!!! Keep it up!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paramedic

hi, long time observer.

im currently a student paramedic with the hse ambulance service

• Registered Users Posts: 36 sedgley

Just been accepted to the NHS ambulance service in the UK as an EMT-1. Have the medical coming up and fear I may have an issue with my red-green colour blindness, not sure if it matters in the ambulance service but if anyone has any information on the medical for this or the HSE/NAS medical here, would be much obliged.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 monkeysox

HSE Paramedic:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

I'm a 1st year Med student who's interested in emergency medicine and also volunteers with the Order of Malta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 AnalFistyCuffs

Ex VFS driver / EMT trained, ex store detective / pi. Currently an armed cash in transit guard/driver.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

Work as an Emergency Department nurse and also volunteer with OMAC

Advertisement