Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congrats Turbochick :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congrats turbochick!

Cuteness here, resting my hand on bubs' back and distinctly felt a yawn and stretch. Nice change from the millions of daily hiccups!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Congrats turbochick!

Cuteness here, resting my hand on bubs' back and distinctly felt a yawn and stretch. Nice change from the millions of daily hiccups!

Lol, thats cute- I've been playing tap-tap-tap with ours. Cathy wants to murder me..... God, I'm so tired.....

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Hi all

Im a regular boards user but had to change re register for this.
    My partner has always believed he was infertile - He had mumps & TB as a teenager. His daughter is not biologicly his & he & ex wife had tried for years with no joy. I had a mirena removed after 5 years last year.
    Problem is I think im pregnant!
    Why a problem ? My 2 little angels were both preterm. Youngest is almost 7 . My waters broke at 29 wks & she came @ 31wks @ just 3lbs. My eldest 8 was at 34 weeks & barely 4 lbs. Im terrified I am pregnant as I fear I may not be so lucky again with 2 healthy kiddies. The other side of me is going wwwwwoooooaaa this is a miracle if it is......
    My cycle is regular 28 days but last month was only 26. because of this I kinda got my dates arsed & figured out yesterday " happy" time for a couple of days ( Yeah we were bored with the snow sorry) was bang smack when I would be ovulating. Last night i had very light spotting. This has never happened before & i also have cramping. Its not normal period cramps its a weird sensation. My boobies are about to fall off with pain something I never experience either. So foolishly I looked up a prenancy symptoms website & its either my brain reading too much into it or I am .
    Some expertise on symptoms please would be so appreciated.

Oh & congrats to all of you ; Its all a wonderful thing dont get me wrong just in different circumstances.:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Some expertise on symptoms please would be so appreciated.

Get a pregnancy test and check?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

They sound like pregnancy symptoms and the spotting sounds like an implantation bleed.

You know the only way you can be sure is to do a test ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

Hi Lucy

Probably best to get a pregnancy test to confirm it! My daughter was also premature born just under 32 weeks. Like you I'd have mixed emotions if I were to fall pregnant again.

Anyway I'm not sure if you are aware but there is a great Premature Baby section on Rollercoaster, one thread in particular is for parents who are expecting again. They have a list of the mums who had a premmie first time and then went on to have a second and third ... the statistics are quite encouraging for subsequent pregnancy duration ... so maybe you could take a look at that?

http://www.rollercoaster.ie/boards/mc.asp?ID=182071&G=1&forumdb=3

xx

smccarrick wrote: »
    Get a pregnancy test and check?

Still a few days to go till due

eimsRV wrote: »
    Hi Lucy

Probably best to get a pregnancy test to confirm it! My daughter was also premature born just under 32 weeks. Like you I'd have mixed emotions if I were to fall pregnant again.

Anyway I'm not sure if you are aware but there is a great Premature Baby section on Rollercoaster, one thread in particular is for parents who are expecting again. They have a list of the mums who had a premmie first time and then went on to have a second and third ... the statistics are quite encouraging for subsequent pregnancy duration ... so maybe you could take a look at that?

http://www.rollercoaster.ie/boards/mc.asp?ID=182071&G=1&forumdb=3

xx

many thanks for that link - very good advice & support there

Lucy, I have no experience with what you're going through but I just wanted to let you know you're on my mind. Hopefully if you are pregnant that the little one will not come too soon.

Xxx

• Advertisement

Lucy, I have no experience with what you're going through but I just wanted to let you know you're on my mind. Hopefully if you are pregnant that the little one will not come too soon.

Xxx

Thank you; very sweet.

Off topic: Lovin that Red Heads Appreciation - Both my 2 are little gingers..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

baby Benjamin Samuel with his big sisters little grubber's put on 8ozs since last friday!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 turbochick

Hey Ladies,

I posted here yesterday concerned about bein pregnant, did ANOTHER 2 tests today, both positive, except drank so much water the second time that the 2nd test today was slightly more faint...

so i guess this is for real :S!
    lovin the thread, and you girls all sound really sweet and supportive to eachother, cheers for your replies :) me scared haha! :S

x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

turbochick wrote: »
    Hey Ladies,

I posted here yesterday concerned about bein pregnant, did ANOTHER 2 tests today, both positive, except drank so much water the second time that the 2nd test today was slightly more faint...

so i guess this is for real :S!
    lovin the thread, and you girls all sound really sweet and supportive to eachother, cheers for your replies :) me scared haha! :S

x
    Congratulations turbochick and you're right the ladies in here will give you so much support and advice. I'm on the other side now since last week and i have to say i'm still dropping in to keep an eye on everyone...!!

You gave birth last week, or you're expecting since last week?? i presume you are a mummy now! Congrats! :)!!

yeah i am really scared, its just because im half way thru my first year (of a 2 year beauty course) in college, and im 20, and i know that my parents are going to just hit the roof.. i am petrafied.. i really am. but thank you anyway, ill get used to the idea of this soon.
    i have a question girls.. my boobs arent as sore as they were coming up to my due period (that didnt come 3 days ago) theyre still swollen, but they arent as sore as they were, is this normal? also, i have feelings in my womb like just above my belt line, like butterflies and sometimes lil stabbing pains, not unbearable, but is that normal?? x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

cbyrd wrote: »
    baby Benjamin Samuel with his big sisters little grubber's put on 8ozs since last friday!!!:D

Baby Benjamin is only gorgeous!!Congrats Cbyrd !!

sorry cybrid i only scrolled backwards and saw your news! how ditzy of me!! awww congrats!! thats a beautiful name too :) xx

You gave birth last week, or you're expecting since last week?? i presume you are a mummy now! Congrats! :)!!

yeah i am really scared, its just because im half way thru my first year (of a 2 year beauty course) in college, and im 20, and i know that my parents are going to just hit the roof.. i am petrafied.. i really am. but thank you anyway, ill get used to the idea of this soon.
    i have a question girls.. my boobs arent as sore as they were coming up to my due period (that didnt come 3 days ago) theyre still swollen, but they arent as sore as they were, is this normal? also, i have feelings in my womb like just above my belt line, like butterflies and sometimes lil stabbing pains, not unbearable, but is that normal?? x

Well Turbo looks like its true ..Congrats :)
    I had those cramps aswell..Its like your period..Had me running to the bathroom to check all day :rolleyes: When i went to the docs i said it to her and she said that when you have your period your womb contracts when you in early pregnancy it expands so you get similar pain...(Correct me on the contracting and expanding bit )

When you go to hospital for your first visit you get a pack and the website they have is eumom.ie...I find that a great help they might be able to answer a few more questions..Oh and with you boobs dont worry ..They will hurt soon enough :rolleyes:

Dont be suprised by ppls reactions too..I thought my parents would freak ..They didnt ..And they have been really really supportive :)

Swizzles wrote: »
    Well Turbo looks like its true ..Congrats :)
    I had those cramps aswell..Its like your period..Had me running to the bathroom to check all day :rolleyes: When i went to the docs i said it to her and she said that when you have your period your womb contracts when you in early pregnancy it expands so you get similar pain...(Correct me on the contracting and expanding bit )

When you go to hospital for your first visit you get a pack and the website they have is eumom.ie...I find that a great help they might be able to answer a few more questions..Oh and with you boobs dont worry ..They will hurt soon enough :rolleyes:

Dont be suprised by ppls reactions too..I thought my parents would freak ..They didnt ..And they have been really really supportive :)

Thats so good, aww congrats!! im effing so scared.. and hungry. im going to get some nosh, but ill be back again tomorrow. infact, ill probably be on this every day now for at least the next 9 months. :) thanks again xx

For the record, my bewbs never hurt or got much bigger. :)

• Advertisement

For the record, my bewbs never hurt or got much bigger. :)

Lucky you :(
    Mine were already pamela-ish ..Now there worse lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Well, congratulations!!

Don't be scared, I was where you were two years ago. 20 and pregnant. I was so so scared to tell my parents. And while my dad did hit the roof, he got over the shock pretty quickly and concentrated on becoming a grandfather then! He dotes on my little one, and she dotes on him. I'm due no.2 at the end of February and he's been very supportive this time around also. Even suggesting names!

My boobs got very sensitive around the end of the first trimester but after that not too much! The one thing that scared the life outta me though was my nipples changed and I wasn't expecting that to happen!

I even hung out here when I wasn't pregnant!!

cbyrd wrote: »

That is one handsome little man, congrats! He looks really long/tall, gorgeous!

@ Lucy2010 - best of luck with the pregnancy test, hopefully things will be different this time and you'll have a healthy and longer pregnancy :)

@ Turbochick - how are you feeling today? is it starting to feel a bit more real & exciting now or is it still a bit scarey? Hopefully your parents will be really happy for you. A friend of mine got herself really worked up about telling her parents about her suprise pregnancy and took a week or two of pure stress working herself up to telling them.
    Her parents were absolutely delighted! its the first grandkid they're really excited about it, so all her worry was over nothing.
    Here's hoping that your parents will react the same

Adrieanne : (hope i spelt that correctly) thanks for your wise words,. your parents sound AMAZING! and congrats on number 2! :) yeah i really hope that my parents arent too angry for too long, i suppose how can they be - its new life, at a young age i know; but still once i get thru the college exams and get my qualification i think that thats the main thing!

Caprilicious: Thanks for your reply :)! i feel fine today... my boyfriends been amazing haah hes nearly 25 so maybe hes more grounded than i am.. but he was like ''oooh i hope we have a girl'' and ''i really wanna get you loads of really nice maternity clothes'' haha hes very sweet, or maybe the poor chap is just in shock! i had a few butterfly-like sensations in my lower tummy just above my belt.. but it wasnt sore, i am very hungry, so i went downstairs and cooked up a whopper cottage pie that my whole family enjoyed also, i am stuffed now. but i found it very hard to sleep last night... so much going through my head.. and i woke at 5am to go pee and then i was awake for 2 hours thinking of everything baby related and worrying...

Ladies, what do i do now? do i see a doctor? surely its a waste of a blood test expense if i am certain due to having 4 positive pregnancy tests? i am so lost, i wish my mummy could help me haha i am so uninformed, i can be so arrogant about a lot of things thinking i know everything, now i am in this situation and i do not have a clue where to start. eeek!!

thanks gals :) Xx

Its scary coz unless you know what to expect you dont know what to do next...
    When i found out i
    Made an app with the doc..Just to confirm (Some of the girls have said that they might not bring you in just take your word for it )Then they will make an appointment for you to have bloods for loads of tests,but mainly for your blood group.

Then you have you hospital app (Depends on where your from as to when you get it ..Seems to be the norm that its 20 weeks in Dublin but in Cork they were shocked that i hadnt been in at 13 weeks)

Then ...I duno ive only reached this part lol

You seem much happier today ,,Im delighted for ya xxx

Its scary coz unless you know what to expect you dont know what to do next...
    When i found out i
    Made an app with the doc..Just to confirm (Some of the girls have said that they might not bring you in just take your word for it )Then they will make an appointment for you to have bloods for loads of tests,but mainly for your blood group.

Then you have you hospital app (Depends on where your from as to when you get it ..Seems to be the norm that its 20 weeks in Dublin but in Cork they were shocked that i hadnt been in at 13 weeks)

Then ...I duno ive only reached this part lol

You seem much happier today ,,Im delighted for ya xxx

Thanks a mill. yeah i will do this, i must rake some money together for this, as well as pay my fine from going up a one way street haha , and then ill be grand.

this is so weird. one minute im thinkin ""aw yaaaay!!" next minute im thinkin "oh.. god.. my life is over!! im in the doghouse.. how did i let this happen" etc etc.. but at the end of the day, this is the start of something new, and its going to be so exciting after my parents accept it.
    thanks lady :D xx

Ohhh ohhh ohh forgot to mention that there the mother and baby scheme where you get free doctors care while pregnant as long as the problem is pregnancy related..and 6 weeks care for the baby after its born
    Does anyone know if all docs do this or only certain ones??

Ohhh ohhh ohh forgot to mention that there the mother and baby scheme where you get free doctors care while pregnant as long as the problem is pregnancy related..and 6 weeks care for the baby after its born
    Does anyone know if all docs do this or only certain ones??

i heard this somewhere also, i would love to know! :)

Turbochick, I was same in the beginning even though we'd been trying for a baby and it wasn't exactly suprising when I did become pregnant I found my brain kicked to life EVERY MORNING at 5am and would go into overdrive thinking of all the changes it meant.
    After a few weeks the morning sickness kicked in and I was sleeping for Ireland :)

Have you decided when you're going to tell your parents?
    That's brill that you boyfriend is being so supportive and its as excited about it as you are.

You're as well going to the gp as soon as possible because the gp send the letter to the hospital to get you registered for your appointment. It can take ages to get that first hospital appointment so sooner you see the gp the better :)

• Advertisement

I think it's pretty much every GP that offers the free Maternity care

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/health/women-s-health/maternity_and_infant_welfare_services

If you're unsure just give your Doc a quick call to check.
    I didn't realise about this bonus until I went for my first appointment, I just assumed I'd have to pay for every appointment.
    Nice to get something back for my PRSI :)

Advertisement