Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Options
  • 30-05-2014 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Well done for gettin through the interview. Now it's just a fitness and medical test that awaits us.

Is everyone training?

Thought I'd just continue with a separate thread as we've done from the beginning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

BRB wrote: »
    Well done for gettin through the interview. Now it's just a fitness and medical test that awaits us.

Is everyone training?

Thought I'd just continue with a separate thread as we've done from the beginning.

BRING IT

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

Lets do this... *que Rocky theme tune*

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

WilcoOut wrote: »
    BRING IT

Fitness is down in templemore right?

Meet me by the oak tree at dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Fitness is down in templemore right?

Meet me by the oak tree at dawn

Ill shout slogans at you

feel the burn

pain is gain

rep to the max

Scouser wrote: »
    Ill shout slogans at you

feel the burn

pain is gain

rep to the max

"Sweat is weakness leaving the body"

"Light weight baby, LIGHT WEIGHT"

We got this.

• Advertisement

I remember doing the reserve medical

met a few candidates

all eneded up in the same class, been great friends for years

it all starts from there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

"Sweat is weakness leaving the body"

Never heard this one before haha! Pretty good.

I remember doing the reserve medical

met a few candidates

all eneded up in the same class, been great friends for years

it all starts from there!!

Ah that's brilliant. Sure hopefully I'll be seeing a few boardsies down there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Ah that's brilliant. Sure hopefully I'll be seeing a few boardsies down there

In past classes, boardsies met up prior to the start of training, and it was very helpful to them I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭octigen

"Subject to you complying with the educational qualification requirements
    set out for this campaign, your name is being forwarded to An Garda
    Síochána in order to be considered for Stage 5"

"The Public Appointments Service is currently completing qualification
    checks."

Still haven't sent names to AGS then until this is sorted. So I would say it will be next week before we hear anything on medical physical.

I reckon they just got sick of people asking them so released the results prior to full qualification checks.

• Advertisement

Rothmans wrote: »
    In past classes, boardsies met up prior to the start of training, and it was very helpful to them I think!

Seems like a fairly good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cycleoin86

Now it's just a fitness and medical test that awaits us..

Anyone have any idea what's in the medical? Are there criteria published anywhere that the medical people use as a reference? Worried about a few things, including my teeth. I think I need some fillings but I'm no dentist so can't say for sure. Have always looked after my teeth to avoid the need to go to the Dentist, of whom I am absolutely petrified. Throw me into an angry mob but keep me away from dentists.

Just got an e-mail. Open day in colleges on Thursday/Friday/Saturday next week to go through what's involved in Physical! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

cycleoin86 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what's in the medical? Are there criteria published anywhere that the medical people use as a reference? Worried about a few things, including my teeth. I think I need some fillings but I'm no dentist so can't say for sure. Have always looked after my teeth to avoid the need to go to the Dentist, of whom I am absolutely petrified. Throw me into an angry mob but keep me away from dentists.

Book an appointment at the dentist today! Getting a filling isn't as bad as it used to be.
    There are other threads on here that detail what is involved in the medical. Sorry I'm not able to post a link

An open day?

So when will the live tests be!??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

octigen wrote: »
    Just got an e-mail. Open day in colleges on Thursday/Friday/Saturday next week to go through what's involved in Physical! :)

Did you get that from PAS or AGS HQ? Emailed to you or through PAS message board?

Did you get that from PAS or AGS HQ? Emailed to you or through PAS message board?

AGS HRM

AGS HRM

Hmm haven't received anything yet. MAybe it's just for the top 150 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭almeraguy

Hmm haven't received anything yet. MAybe it's just for the top 150 or something.

Haven't received anything either. I'm outside the top 150.

Taking it in batches maybe?
    To be honest, just thankful I passed. I know I'll be called up it's just a matter of when now.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I received a mail for the Open Day too (placed in the 60s). Want me down next Thursday but there's no chance of me getting the day off work.

I tried calling but the person looking after the schedules is not in the office today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

I received a mail for the Open Day too (placed in the 60s). Want me down next Thursday but there's no chance of me getting the day off work.

I tried calling but the person looking after the schedules is not in the office today.

I also won't be able to attend - its way too short notice!!! Must ring up and see if attendance is mandatory.

Zadie10 wrote: »
    I also won't be able to attend - its way too short notice!!! Must ring up and see if attendance is mandatory.

nor me

not a hope I can get a day at this short notice!

I was outside the 200 and I just got the email so it is for everyone.

I was outside the 200 and I just got the email so it is for everyone.

What day/time were you assigned?

nor me

not a hope I can get a day at this short notice!

Well medical/physical test notice could be in a similar time frame...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thedirtydevil

Well medical/physical test notice could be in a similar time frame...

Yes agreed. Therefore I wont be able to make the "Open Day" as I want to keep the last minute notice days off for the medical and PCT which will be probably two days off in the next fortnight.

Got the open day email. Down on Friday!

Wonder how short of a notice medical and PCT will be or even starting in templemore.

What day/time were you assigned?

Saturday morning.

• Advertisement

Yes agreed. Therefore I wont be able to make the "Open Day" as I want to keep the last minute notice days off for the medical and PCT which will be probably two days off in the next fortnight.

Ill be doin the same!

Advertisement