Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due November 2015

• 22-02-2015 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Due baby no 2 on 5 November! Was surprised to have found out so soon, not even 4 weeks gone yet! DD is only 5 mths old so it will be mayhem but always wanted to have 2 close together 😄

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

I will join ya. No. 3 for us hopefully all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mamamaisy

March11 wrote: »
    I will join ya. No. 3 for us hopefully all going well.

Congrats! Was beginning to think I would be the only one on this thread. What date?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Think about 11th Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 _PlainJane

I've just found out mine is due November 14th. It's my first so trying to get my head around a lot right now! Has anyone gone with Domino Midwives at Holles Street? Do you recommend going that way?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mamamaisy

_PlainJane wrote: »
    I've just found out mine is due November 14th. It's my first so trying to get my head around a lot right now! Has anyone gone with Domino Midwives at Holles Street? Do you recommend going that way?

Thanks

Congrats PlainJane! Yeah there's a lot to get your head around alright, although it's my second and still trying to get my head around it! I'm not in Dublin so can't advise but I hear Dominos is supposed to be fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 _PlainJane

Mamamaisy wrote: »
    Congrats PlainJane! Yeah there's a lot to get your head around alright, although it's my second and still trying to get my head around it! I'm not in Dublin so can't advise but I hear Dominos is supposed to be fantastic.

Thanks Mamamaisy. Congratulations to you too! It's starting to sink in now and we've told a few close family members. About to tell my partners mother tomorrow, so that will be a nice Mother's Day surprise for her! Hopefully I have no issues getting onto the Domino scheme, there have been so many great comments left about them here on the forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Our 2nd (and last!!!) is due November, wife is getting a lot of morning sickness this time round, but in the 1st pregnancy there was none, it was a dream pregnancy, is this usual ?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

the_monkey wrote: »
    Our 2nd (and last!!!) is due November, wife is getting a lot of morning sickness this time round, but in the 1st pregnancy there was none, it was a dream pregnancy, is this usual ?

I had that on my last pregnancy first two pregnancies no symptoms third one I felt like I was dying very tired very nauseous very sore all over turns out I was having triplets so it's possible you have multiples, I'm back to no symptoms on this pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Completely normal, every pregnancy is different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My mother was *convinced* that my younger sister was a boy because her symptoms were so different to when she was pregnant with me. Nope, just a different baby!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

layviae wrote: »
    I had that on my last pregnancy first two pregnancies no symptoms third one I felt like I was dying very tired very nauseous very sore all over turns out I was having triplets so it's possible you have multiples, I'm back to no symptoms on this pregnancy

My god ! I hope it's not multiples !!

couldn-t handle that..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 orlanemo

November 23 based on my reckoning, November 28 by the GPs. After two miscarriages I have so much anxiety. I've bad nausea which makes me feel bad but when I don't have it I feel worse because I'm so worried about losing it. I've had pregnancy symptoms since three days after ovulation so that's much earlier than previous two. Everything is crossed and sending the good vibes to the little bean 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2 novabean

Heya mamas,

Im jumping in for november 2015. Was full sure I was pregnant for the last week but only got a BFP this morning.

It is baby no 2 for me. My last one 3 years ago was a hairy one, ending early at 28 wks. Im hoping to get to the uncomfortable waddle stage on this one.

Feeling a bit nauseous when my tum is empty but thats about it, for now! Im a light sleeper anyway but I have noticed im going to the bathroom more during the night too.

Im based in Dublin, have to get on to my GP next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 novabean

Back from the GP and all booked in for Holles Street Public. 12 week scan, second week May. But, I'm going to go ahead and book a sneaky reassurance scan in week 8 and hopefully there will be no subchorionic haematoma present this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Hi girls. I'll join ye here too - due around the 9th November. Nervous after two mc's but lucky enough to have had an early scan and seen a heartbeat.
    Congrats to you all & wishing you all a happy & healthy 9 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Hi ladies, hope ye don't mind me joining, due 24th November, so afraid to jinx it by telling anyone. Going for an early private scan in 2 weeks, I'll be just 8 weeks at that stage, fingers and toes crossed it will put my mind at ease!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

Hello All, hope its OK for a lad to post here?

My wife is due early November, have told the parentals but nobody else yet... Have scan in Holles Street end of April.

Its our first and we only started trying in January... I am over the moon and so excited its hard to put into words... We must be pretty lucky... Needed to tell someone, so there you go internet - I'm gonna be a Dad :)

Wish you all the best, positive vibes & healthy pregnancies.

Exciting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I'll join in too! Due end Nov. Second baby. Very excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I'll jump in here too. 6 weeks pregnant, due 25th November. So excited. Have one little boy already who is almost 15 months old.
    Congrats everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Hi All,

First time to this form, FYI, i am the father so this might be different.

It will be our first born if all goes well, still skeptical as wife miscarried last time around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

hi all,my gf is 9 weeks tomorrow,shes due 13th november,we havent gotten a date for our first scan even tho she booked it online in holler street. is that normal to be left waiting this close to 12 weeks and not have a date for the scan??? its our first aswell.

littleman wrote: »
    hi all,my gf is 9 weeks tomorrow,shes due 13th november,we havent gotten a date for our first scan even tho she booked it online in holler street. is that normal to be left waiting this close to 12 weeks and not have a date for the scan??? its our first aswell.

Some places prefer to leave the first scan til 13 weeks. Mine isn't til I'm 13 + 5 days, just because of the way the clinic days fall. I'm not in dub though, so I'm sure different places have different systems. If it would put your mind at rest, just give a ring and ask. I rand when I was referred and asked them to give me plenty notice so I could organise time off work, and they gave me the appointment on the phone that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

littleman wrote: »

Just give them a ring, I waited 6 weeks and it turned out they forgot to send it. My first scan isn't until I'm 21 weeks anyway, but my first appointment was when I was 12 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

jlm29 wrote: »
    Some places prefer to leave the first scan til 13 weeks. Mine isn't til I'm 13 + 5 days, just because of the way the clinic days fall. I'm not in dub though, so I'm sure different places have different systems. If it would put your mind at rest, just give a ring and ask. I rand when I was referred and asked them to give me plenty notice so I could organise time off work, and they gave me the appointment on the phone that day.

Cool thanks for that,they seem to be lazy when ever we do call and the calss just ring out.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Is there to do at this early stage of pregnancy ?

Can anyone advise me, gp sent referral to maternity hospital in Limerick for first appointment, I've heard nothing yet, that was 3 weeks ago and will be 12 weeks in another 3 weeks. Should I ring the hospital?

Can anyone advise me, gp sent referral to maternity hospital in Limerick for first appointment, I've heard nothing yet, that was 3 weeks ago and will be 12 weeks in another 3 weeks. Should I ring the hospital?

No harm to give a buzz. Sometimes hospitals seem to forget that people need a bit of notice. My referral was sent over three weeks ago (I'm just coming up to 8 weeks now), and I rang to ask for as much notice as possible, so I could organise myself at work, and they gave me an appointment over the phone, for May 29th

jlm29 wrote: »
    No harm to give a buzz. Sometimes hospitals seem to forget that people need a bit of notice. My referral was sent over three weeks ago (I'm just coming up to 8 weeks now), and I rang to ask for as much notice as possible, so I could organise myself at work, and they gave me an appointment over the phone, for May 29th

Thanks, I'll give them a call Monday. It would be something to look forward to! I had private scan last week so looking forward to the 12 ish week scan to hopefully be a few weeks safer

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Gone very quiet on this thread! How's everybody doing?
    I've had a few scans, almost at 13 weeks, still a bag of nerves & still pretty ill but doing ok sofar. Taking it day by day!

• Advertisement

I've been trying to forget I'm pregnant!! I haven't got my first scan for 3.5 weeks, so I don't want to tell anyone til after that, so I've been putting it to the back of my mind! Have had no symptoms really, other than occasional nausea, so I'm very lucky. Have had a chest infection for the last couple of weeks, but seem to be just shaking it off! Thank god!
    Hope everyone else is doing well!

Advertisement