Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Momma2015

Just found out this morning that I am pregnant. My midwife friend tells me that my due date is September 13th. :)

I stopped taking the Pill last month as my husband and I decided we'd try for a baby but we were expecting it to take a few months. Shocked to be pregnant right away! I took a test because I just wasn't feeling 'right' but definitely thought it would be negative!

Hoping that I and all of you ladies have healthy pregnancies and babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

How's everyone feeling?
    I'm six weeks tomorrow and pretty tired and get waves of nausea but that's it! No sore boobs - no change in them at all - but hopefully nothing to worry about as I feel all the same bloatedness and twinges that I felt in my stomach with the last two pregnancies! Only one week til my scan now - really looking forward to confirming everything! Holding strong on not telling anyone but it's hard enough!! Jeans starting to get a little uncomfortable - still fit and everything but just a little uncomfy - hopefully the fact that it's my third won't mean I have to get into maternity clothes too early... I'd like to get to 10-12 weeks before getting into the trousers! I think last time I didn't use the tops til about 20 weeks - just wore long black tshirts under everything! Have gotten a belly belt in mothercare so hopefully that will mean an extra few weeks in my jeans!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Congratulations Momma2015!!!

How is everyone feeling today ladies? The nausea has knocked me for six the past few days. I've been feeling horrendous.

dublinlady wrote: »
    I'm six weeks tomorrow and pretty tired and get waves of nausea but that's it! No sore boobs - no change in them at all - but hopefully nothing to worry about as I feel all the same bloatedness and twinges that I felt in my stomach with the last two pregnancies! Only one week til my scan now - really looking forward to confirming everything!

I'm 6wks 5 days and have been hit by nausea. Didnt have any until 4 days ago. My boobs are agony and i'm up a cup size already. They have been sore from the get go. No real bloatedness but like you I am feeling the odd twinge here and there :) my scan is one week on Wednesday and i'm dying for it. Cant wait for the reassurance that it's all really happening for us.

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    I'm 6wks 5 days and have been hit by nausea. Didnt have any until 4 days ago. My boobs are agony and i'm up a cup size already. They have been sore from the get go. No real bloatedness but like you I am feeling the odd twinge here and there :) my scan is one week on Wednesday and i'm dying for it. Cant wait for the reassurance that it's all really happening for us.

Your giving me the fear my queasiness is going to turn into nausea in the next week! I hope yours doesn't last too long! Another few weeks and we will be getting into the swing of things fully! I'll just be glad to be past the delicate early days stage!

• Advertisement

Your giving me the fear my queasiness is going to turn into nausea in the next week! I hope yours doesn't last too long! Another few weeks and we will be getting into the swing of things fully! I'll just be glad to be past the delicate early days stage!

lol!!!! Hopefully it will be an unfounded fear :)

I don't know what I was expecting, clearly I was in denial. Hopefully I will adjust and get used to it!

Cant wait for the next few weeks to pass just to be safely on the other side of the 12 week mark.

Back to work tomorrow. First day since before the Christmas holidays and totally dreading it. Hoping to have a handle on the nausea or at least not throwing up every time I eat. I am armed with my stash of ginger biscuits in my handbag and sea sickness bands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Momma2015

I'm only 4 weeks so very early but my boobs are so sore. I usually sleep on my front but I can't get comfy that way now. My boobs just feel really tender and heavy. Otherwise I feel like my sense of smell is about a hundred times stronger. My husband put cinnamon on porridge for me this morning (which I usually love) and the smell of it from down the hall turned my stomach!

Can't wait to have my first doctors appointment but don't have a date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Went and got it all confirmed with my GP - he took no bloods this time weird ! He has put my DD at 4th September !! He laughed when he remembered my little boy is 9 and a 1/2 months :eek:

Feeling wrecked and sick already !! Work is wrecking my head - I told my manager ( she is my friend also ) since I told she has been very passive aggressive and making horrible digs at me :( sigh !

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

LH2013 wrote: »
    Went and got it all confirmed with my GP - he took no bloods this time weird ! He has put my DD at 4th September !! He laughed when he remembered my little boy is 9 and a 1/2 months :eek:

Feeling wrecked and sick already !! Work is wrecking my head - I told my manager ( she is my friend also ) since I told she has been very passive aggressive and making horrible digs at me :( sigh !

Just popping over from the August 2015 thread to say... WHAT??? That is beyond unnecessary, not to mention borderline illegal. Friend or no friend, you should keep an eye on that and have a word with HR if she keeps it up, some people really need to cop on.

I can't edit my post for some reason but maybe illegal is not the right word because she isn't threatening to fire you but certainly the type of crap that shouldn't be tolerated in the workplace.

• Advertisement

Dobbit wrote: »
    I can't edit my post for some reason but maybe illegal is not the right word because she isn't threatening to fire you but certainly the type of crap that shouldn't be tolerated in the workplace.

Totally agree - terrible to give u a hard time about it! From another angle could she be upset as in maybe she's been trying herself or maybe she's under stress - no excuse but might explain it.

Totally agree - terrible to give u a hard time about it! From another angle could she be upset as in maybe she's been trying herself or maybe she's under stress - no excuse but might explain it.

That crossed my mind too, even though we weren't ttc for long it seemed like there were a million pregnancies announced each week but you keep your frustration to yourself. If you really can't be happy for the person, just stay silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cleetonta

Hi ladies, I just found out I'm expecting! It's my first!! So excited, don't think I'll last long not telling people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cleetonta

Where are ladies thinking of going hospital wise (I'm in Dublin), hear positive and negative experiences from all three hospitals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Looks like i'll be joining this thread :D

Found out yesterday and still can't believe it. My boobs were really sore in the shower, and I just knew, took 2 tests and saw a faint line on both. Went to tesco then and bought a digital one. Pregnant 1-2, so I'm about 4 weeks pregnant.

I'm completely exhausted, struggling to keep my eyes open sometimes. My boobs are killing me constantly, but other than that I feel really great.

Hope you're all feeling good :)

Congrats to the new people! It's so exciting :)

I'm going private in Holles st. I went semi private on my first and ended up with an unplanned section and hated the ward as didn't sleep for 5 days solid - so for me a private room is a must - costs a fortune but id rather forego a holiday and other comforts to be able enjoy my first few days with the little one! My second was a section as well - another unplanned one but I was private and enjoyed the whole experience so much more!
    I like Holles st but really I think your best to choose the one most local to u as it will make appointments so much handier!

Thanks guys ! I think its a mix of her wanting her own kids and my pregnancy inconveniencing her work wise ! Ill have to have a word with her at some stage !

Im going public in Limerick though if I could have afforded it I would have gone Private ! Had emergency section on my first and had crap recovery time in hospital !

Welcome to all the new ladies :) Good gang of us now !

How's everyone feeling?
    Wish the weeks would speed up to 12!!!

How's everyone feeling?
    Wish the weeks would speed up to 12!!!

I know! I can't wait to tell everyone. Going for a scan on the 31st so we're looking forward to that. Feel like I'm going to fall asleep every waking moment :o

How are you feeling? Any morning sickness?

I know! I can't wait to tell everyone. Going for a scan on the 31st so we're looking forward to that. Feel like I'm going to fall asleep every waking moment :o

How are you feeling? Any morning sickness?

Was feeling sick etc last week but feeling much better now thankgod! I haven't had tiredness really at all! This is different to my two daughters so maybe it's a boy... Haha unlikely / but cannot wait to find that out!! Only about another 13 weeks before I can do that!

• Advertisement

Was feeling sick etc last week but feeling much better now thankgod! I haven't had tiredness really at all! This is different to my two daughters so maybe it's a boy... Haha unlikely / but cannot wait to find that out!! Only about another 13 weeks before I can do that!

We're still deciding if we'll find out or not. I think he wants to leave it, but I'd like to know :o I knew on my first so maybe a surprise would be nice this time around.

It's a different pregnancy completely so maybe a girl this time! I already have names picked, hopefully I stick with them now.

We found out both previous times cos to be honest having a baby is enough of a shock never mind the gender! I prefer to be able to imagine the birth and early days during the pregnancy and I find knowing the gender makes that easier - it's like it helps me to bond with the baby before it arrives if that makes sense!

I am the same such a different pregnancy so far than i had with my little boy ! Only a little tired and only feel sick in car !!! We are going to find out again as well roughly 15 weeks and counting ha ha. Got scan date for exactly week 12 can not wait !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 septbaby15

Due in Sept also. Tink I'm 6 weeks today. Had an u/s last Mon. Having another 1 the 26th to see the heart beat. Other half is blaming all my feelings on the pregnancy. Very annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 littlebean

Hi Everyone, Just came across this thread, I'm 6 weeks today going by my dates, with my first. Like everyone I'm dying to get to the stage where I can tell everyone. The first scan seems so far away. I have my first antenatal app on the 2nd of feb. just reading through the posts about the early scans. When can you start getting an early scan and is it expensive? a couple of my close friends have already seemed to figure out I'm pregnant so I'm trying to come up with creative excuses to where im not drinking etc

littlebean wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, Just came across this thread, I'm 6 weeks today going by my dates, with my first. Like everyone I'm dying to get to the stage where I can tell everyone. The first scan seems so far away. I have my first antenatal app on the 2nd of feb. just reading through the posts about the early scans. When can you start getting an early scan and is it expensive? a couple of my close friends have already seemed to figure out I'm pregnant so I'm trying to come up with creative excuses to where im not drinking etc

We're getting a scan on the 31st, I'll be 7 weeks 1 day. Getting it in ultrasound dimensions in Blackrock. Really excited for it. It's costing us €105

I'm off the cigarettes now too, so don't know what I'll say at an upcoming wedding. Thinking of saying I couldn't afford the cigarettes anymore and drink 7up and say it's vodka....go to bed early and say I'm not well :o I was a very heavy smoker so hoping nobody cops it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 littlebean

I think I will just let on I'm having a few drinks too but obviously not actually drinking. I'm not a smoker but I can imagine that must be an even bigger giveaway!! Will you tell anyone if they ask or deny?

I think I will look into getting an early scan at 9 weeks, the wait for the other scan will drive me crazy!!

littlebean wrote: »
    I think I will just let on I'm having a few drinks too but obviously not actually drinking. I'm not a smoker but I can imagine that must be an even bigger giveaway!! Will you tell anyone if they ask or deny?

I think I will look into getting an early scan at 9 weeks, the wait for the other scan will drive me crazy!!

We said we'd tell people if they asked, but don't want to take away from the couples day! So we'll just try to act casual, pretend I'm drinking and head to bed early.

We had to get this scab at 7 weeks , id be driven Crazy waiting for the 12 week hospital appointment :o
    I reckon pretending to drink is the best option, then act drunk! :P

7weeks 2 days today and the nausea is all night and all day ! Way worse than with my son !! We haven't even gotten dressed today !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 septbaby15

I have no pregnancy symptoms apart from sore boobs and greasy hair. Any1 else finding their hair oily?

Advertisement