Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bruce Springsteen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ Shane Sharp Juror

Anyone know if there'll be a second night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Goddamn RDS again! Awful sound last time. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ahaboy

Guys I have been waiting for this news for 2 long years!! Serious trouble with tickets the last time though, would one be better off qeueing up somewhere or trying online?? tried online for gigs before and failed miserably. these tickets are gonna be hot hot hot...Great stuff with the thread by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 brendanbelfast

Definitely online. Queuing just means queuing so some guy in a record store can go online. Plus, when they announce the 2nd date you'll already be in Ticketmaster website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Ahaboy wrote: »
    Guys I have been waiting for this news for 2 long years!! Serious trouble with tickets the last time though, would one be better off qeueing up somewhere or trying online?? tried online for gigs before and failed miserably. these tickets are gonna be hot hot hot...Great stuff with the thread by the way

Hopefully we'll be sharing spares on here....well that's the plan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Ahaboy

good stuff, if its anything like the last time there'll be a few without them

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

i have been waiting for this since the last time they played here!!!! best news ever! i always complain when it comes to ticket prices but i dont care what they cost when it comes to my brucey!!!!! he/they are worth every feckin cent!! promised myself that the next time they come, id go to all the irish gigs(hoping there'll be 2 anyway??) there wont be a xmas prezzie bought for anyone! queing for a ticket........the excitement....first in the queue! again! ill hang around for a while, then ill go back for a 2nd ticket for the 2nd night! :D

13 MAY - SEVILLA - Estadio Olímpico
    17 MAY - BARCELONA - Estadi Olimpic
    25 MAY - FRANKFURT - Commerzbank-Arena
    27 MAY - KÖLN - Rhein Energie Stadion
    30 MAY - BERLIN - Olympiastadion
    2 JUNE - SAN SEBASTIÁN - Anoeta
    3 JUNE - LISBOA [festival] - Rock in Rio
    7 JUNE - MILAN - San Siro
    10 JUNE - FIRENZE - Stadio Franchi
    11 JUNE - TRIESTE - Nereo Rocco
    19 JUNE - MONTPELLIER
    21 JUNE - SUNDERLAND - Stadium of Light
    22 JUNE - MANCHESTER - City of Manchester Stadium
    24 JUNE - ISLE OF WIGHT [festival]- Isle of Wight
    4/5 JULY - PARIS bercy
    12 JULY - VIENA - Ernst Happel Stadium
    14 JULY - LONDON [festival] - Hyde Park
    17 JULY - DUBLIN - RDS Arena
    21 JULY - OSLO
    23 JULY - BERGEN
    27 JULY - GOTHENBORG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ill Follow the Sun

Can't wait for this, hopefully will have tickets this time next week :)
    The 17th is a Tuesday though, which is a bit awkward. I wonder if there's a chance the (presumed) second date announced will be Sunday the 15th.
    He's playing Hard Rock Calling in London Sat 14th so could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DerryKevin

Count me in too. DerryKev on GL. I see Oslo spoils the chances of Thursday and Friday being the extra dates. Friday anyway at least.

• Advertisement

I think i would prefer the 2nd date to be the Wednesday rather than the Sunday. Planning to go to Hyde Park on the Saturday, getting back home and to Dublin the next day would be a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Love Bruce seen the last two RDS gigs and himself and the band where amazing but the price is completely over the top given the times we live in. Think i'll give it a miss this time.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll be sharing spares on here....well that's the plan!

Me first Damian.

Will they do the usual and let the first night sell out first before releasing another night?

dixiefly wrote: »
    Me first Damian.

Will they do the usual and let the first night sell out first before releasing another night?

Think they'll give it the usual 10-15 mins......:D

Berlin Manchester Paris Dublin

That's the plan, will have to see how negotitions go at the weekend..........would flowers help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ecw76

Seriously annoyed about the cost of the tickets. With service charges, the cheapest ticket is €100 versus 55 pound in uk. I'm a huge fan, have seen him about 30 times but think I will give it a miss. The sound was so awful in the rds too the last time it's just taking the p.ss

Sound was bad one night for me in 08/09, otherwise was fine. Think it was the night I didn't bother with the pit in 08. Sound in the pit - no complaints.4

I actually don't think it's going to sell out as quick as previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Is 86 euro for standing?
    Also, is anyone going to Hyde Park and if so can you buy tickets just to see Bruce or do you have to get a Hard Rock Calling festival ticket?

86 euro is for standing (plus service charges). You can buy a daily ticket for the Hyde park concerts. I did two years ago. It was 45 pound and there were a few bands on before including gaslight anthem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

Cheers.
    What is the queuing like at Hyde Park, like if you wanted to get near the front?
    Any idea how much the tickets for Manchester/Sunderland are?

Its pretty hectic at Hyde park. They are all standing concerts with capacity for 50,000. Tickets for standing tickets at the stadium shows this year in uk are 55 pounds.

How early in the morning would you need to queue at the RDS to get a wristband?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 moles92

Do people think there will definitely be a second date?

moles92 wrote: »
    Do people think there will definitely be a second date?
    I cannot see there not being another date. The 17th will sell out in 10 mins if not shorter and they will add a second date. Cannot see there being 3 shows this time because of other country dates around this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

DerryKevin wrote: »
    I cannot see there not being another date. The 17th will sell out in 10 mins if not shorter and they will add a second date. Cannot see there being 3 shows this time because of other country dates around this time.

Standing might sell out in 10-15mins...it will take seating a few hours to sell out at those prices. May even not sell out initially...despite the E STREET Bands undoubted greatness.

There's a 'front-of-stage' option for Frankfurt but not for Berlin. Are there two stage set-ups on this tour?
    http://www.koelnersportstaetten.de/images/fotos/rheinenergiestadion/stadionplaene/kopfbuehne_2.jpg

This would be good for Dublin.

I'd be pretty surprised if there is no 2nd dublin date. I've ordered 8 tickets for the 17th Jy so I like to think I'm doing my bit towards a sell out!

• Advertisement

They on sale Brendan?

Advertisement