Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NCDL 2011/2012 Thread

• 31-08-2011 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

There is a rumour going around that the N.C.D.L want to put a cap on the amount of county players playing for each team, can anyone tell me if this is true

EDIT: MOD Note post #82. Everyone Please read before posting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Last i heard there wanting to make it 4 dublin players only on a team

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

South County league i play in you can sign 3 and play 2....those this rule affect that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

THE WIZARD wrote: »
    There is a rumour going around that the N.C.D.L want to put a cap on the amount of county players playing for each team, can anyone tell me if this is true

That suggestion was made from the floor - not by the committee - at last sunday's AGM . Nothing was decided .

I believe there's an emergency meeting on sunday week (Sep 11) at which it'll be discussed and presumably a decision will be made then . Club secretaries should confirm this in case I have the date wrong btw .

• Registered Users Posts: 36 DodgyDarts

This is just my opinion so please don't judge. I'd kinda agree with capping the amount as it seems a little unfair to other teams but then again a player will only improve by playing against the top players wouldn't they?? I played against some very good players in the league and to be honest it improved my game a lot, but I can't realy judge as my team only entered the league last year for the first time ( wednesday ) and for us as a new team we didn't know what to expect we didn't do too well before christmas but after we started to improve ( nothing special )

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tumbler

I dont think thats going to happen Iheard nothing about it but will check up when I get back mate Im sure it wont apply this season with teams already returning reg sheets may come into the league next year but I very much doubt this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Anderson11

ppl are saying this was suggest by a committee member because this member will be playing in the tuesday nights league after so many years in the wednesday

Anderson11 wrote: »
    ppl are saying this was suggest by a committee member because this member will be playing in the tuesday nights league after so many years in the wednesday

A former committee member and now just a league player , to be fair . Any player is entitled to make suggestions at the AGM and it's unfair to question their motive on here where they cant defend themselves .

The committee is sitting on sunday to make a decision - you'll be better heard there than on the internet tbh .

well lads another north city darts league season kicks off with another spanner throwing into the works by the boys in the city arms holding the mighty Patriots to a draw and by all accounts unlucky not to take all 2 points just shows why the tuesday senior league is the best one around you have 7 or 8 teams that are capable of beating the so called top two teams in the league well done city arms keep up the good work

Anybody have the fixtures lists that they could post on the site as I still cannot get a hold of one yet?

DodgyDarts wrote: »
    Anybody have the fixtures lists that they could post on the site as I still cannot get a hold of one yet?
    have all three two wednesdays and senior but havnt got a clue how to put them up on the site

• Advertisement

ah no worries i'll get one of one the local teams to me during the week and copy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 THE WIZARD

tumbler wrote: »
    have all three two wednesdays and senior but havnt got a clue how to put them up on the site

It is called a digital camera , you are known to get your hands on a thing or two..:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Zorba 501

Hey lads does any of you have the fixture list for this season's
    round of games's for the Wed's blue league

Zorba 501 wrote: »
    Hey lads does any of you have the fixture list for this season's
    round of games's for the Wed's blue league
    were you playing out of and i'll tell you your next few games if it helps

It is called a digital camera , you are known to get your hands on a thing or two..:):)
    sorry pal wouldnt be as smart as you when it comes to turning a few shillings or doing the aul tech stuff do be to busy on the move not looking at a screen dreaming about pool players

TuesdayTeams.jpg

TuesdayFixtures.jpg

WedsRedTeams.jpg

WedsRedFixtures.jpg

WedsBlueTeams.jpg

WedsBlueFixtures.jpg

Team J , Raheny GAA , pulled out of the league so unless another team has entered in their place teams scheduled to play against them will have no match on that week .

Cheers Nessy

Cheers Nessy
    salmons on tuesday have pulled out to be replaced by the Fassaugh house and on Wednesday Blue there is a bit of a doubt about St.Penegines they didnt show up for their first game so if you are down to play them ring first

• Advertisement

Bottom Of The Hill Tumpler cheer's mate

Cheer's Ray nice 1 for the fixtures and dates

Tuesday Senior Oct 4

Taveys 7-1 Bell's 8
    Astro 2-6 Shanty
    ARC 4-4 Village Inn
    Aer Lingus 2-6 Trinity SC
    Brock Inn 5-3 Sheriff YC
    George's 8 6-2 Players Lounge

Wednesday Red Oct 5

City Arms 5-3 Matthews
    BOTH 8-0 (bye)
    Foxhound 5-3 CTD
    John's 8 4-4 Swiss Cottage
    Kevo's 8 6-2 Quarry House
    Market Bar 2-6 Maurice's 8

Wednesday Blue Oct 5

Dave's 8 (w/o) 8-0 St Peregrines (scr)
    CTD 8-0 Metro
    Cappagh Nua 2-6 Village Inn
    Syl's 8 6-2 Stoneys
    Horse & Hound 8-0 (bye)
    John's 8 6-2 Keelings

** above results are from returned matchcards . Feel free to post up results of other matches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

City Arms 4 Patriots 4

tumbler wrote: »
    salmons on tuesday have pulled out to be replaced by the Fassaugh house and on Wednesday Blue there is a bit of a doubt about St.Penegines they didnt show up for their first game so if you are down to play them ring first

Does anybody know any more on what St. Peregrines are doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webster2009

Players Lounge (C.Y.M.C Fairview) 1 - 7 City Arms

Does anybody know if you can still get Phil Taylor Phase 2 darts anywhere in ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Does anybody know if you can still get Phil Taylor Phase 2 darts anywhere in ireland??

you could try brenfer's on capel street, there expensive but the only place i know

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ton chucker

paidi og?s 4~4 taveys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 gerryfagan501

Does anybody know any more on what St. Peregrines are doing?
    Can confirm they are gone from the league they didnt show for thier home match on wednesday after the away team traveling just an idea since there are two sides missing from the wednesday blue why dont the captains of the side that are free sort out a game between them to keep their lads throwing they could do it on a home and away trick in the two halfs of the season

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement