Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

kerryked wrote: »
    Anyone drive the N69 any way regularly and try to tune their car radio to newstalk?

I've been trying to tune in on that particular road the last few weeks and the sound keeps going high and low and trying to autotune. Thought it was my radio at first, but all other channels seem to be working okay.

Just wondering if it's happening to anyone else?

Even around Limerick I find Newstalk reception is patchy. The channel name comes up scrambled usually. This is a recent change in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Even around Limerick I find Newstalk reception is patchy. The channel name comes up scrambled usually. This is a recent change in the last few months.

I also noticed recently on the radio in my kitchen, the Newstalk name is now usually breaking up or appearing scrambled.I thought my radio had developed a fault but other channels display correctly.
    Something amiss with the Newstalk signal, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I've noticed the same , before it was just picking up mass :D as I headed into Killaloe on a Saturday evening to collect my daughter from work but over the last few weeks I am noticing it getting patchy everywhere .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The other day the volume in my car for newstalk kept jumping up really loud, then going quiet, then loud again. Didn't happen for any other station.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Jofspring wrote: »
    The other day the volume in my car for newstalk kept jumping up really loud, then going quiet, then loud again. Didn't happen for any other station.

Was it not just George Hook?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Driving along by UL, on the main road, the other day and bang car goes up and over a speed bump on a pelican crossing by the church.

No signage, checked today again, in either direction and it was raining and dark. Wasn't going fast but suspension got a right whack.

Cheeky council. Emailed them and then replied saying they don't have to put up signs by law.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Berty wrote: »
    Driving along by UL, on the main road, the other day and bang car goes up and over a speed bump on a pelican crossing by the church.

No signage, checked today again, in either direction and it was raining and dark. Wasn't going fast but suspension got a right whack.

Cheeky council. Emailed them and then replied saying they don't have to put up signs by law.
    Yeah, that ramp did appear out of nowhere over the Christmas break. Luckily it was light when I first saw it.

Should have been some sort of warning sign up regardless. The car still takes a bang hitting it at 50km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Treepole wrote:
    Was it not just George Hook?

For a second yesterday at the same frequency I got, what sounded like, another station. Perhaps a passing car with one of those FM transmitter things but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

The Treaty stone was covered in paint last night, for whatever reason. Some people are dickheads. :mad:

https://www.facebook.com/PavolJr/posts/1344676345579316

KR8hoFk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Takes a bit of effort to do something like that. Or maybe some idiots found some paint lying around and this seemed like a super idea.

Have we beaten the Dubs in GAA lately does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

zulutango wrote: »
    Takes a bit of effort to do something like that. Or maybe some idiots found some paint lying around and this seemed like a super idea.

Have we beaten the Dubs in GAA lately does anyone know?

It reeks of Tipp GAA....we need to hit back at the rock of cashel....were gonna need more paint though....

** please take the above comment as a bit of light hearted banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,665 ✭✭✭✭phog

roast wrote: »
    The Treaty stone was covered in paint last night, for whatever reason. Some people are dickheads. :mad:

https://www.facebook.com/PavolJr/posts/1344676345579316

KR8hoFk.jpg

The people who did this must surely have arrived home last night with blue paint stains on their clothes. Hopefully, someone with a conscience will report them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Has anyone seen these bad boys for sell in Limerick City?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

YFlyer wrote: »
    Has anyone seen these bad boys for sell in Limerick City?

They seem to be gone completely which is a shame because they were beautiful. I get the extra spicy chilli sauce ones now instead, nice but not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Hi guys anyone know where the best place to park would be on Paddys day in town? I'll be coming in from the Castletroy side, anyone know what roads will be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Harambe wrote: »
    Hi guys anyone know where the best place to park would be on Paddys day in town? I'll be coming in from the Castletroy side, anyone know what roads will be closed?

The city council publish the road closure list on their website:

https://www.limerick.ie/sites/default/files/temporary_closure_of_roads_friday_17th_sunday_19th_march_2017_0.pdf

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

So how was the parade? Any better this year? It seems the crap weather meant less gaps and delays, so that was a positive. Was the content a better effort than usual? I passed 3 floats on the Island Rd when it was all over, and that was honestly more than I saw at the actual parade last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

So I went into Enzo's at lunchtime today. First time since the makeover. Delighted to say that the food hasn't changed anyway, and I'm pretty sure prices seem to be about the same. He's added a few new bits to the menu alright, but all our old favourites are still there ðŸ˜႒

iguana wrote:
    So how was the parade? Any better this year? It seems the crap weather meant less gaps and delays, so that was a positive. Was the content a better effort than usual? I passed 3 floats on the Island Rd when it was all over, and that was honestly more than I saw at the actual parade last year.

It was fairly ****e. A few good efforts but mostly kids from scouts and sports clubs marching and singing "everywhere we go .. people always ask us .. who we are ... who we are ..". There was a pro life crowd as well. Surprised they were allowed in.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

That's a pity, for some reason I'd gotten the impression it was better this year. I went to the Castleconnell parade and that was actually quite enjoyable. It was very short but all the groups involved made a genuine effort to do something interesting and my 4 year old really loved it. The atmosphere was great and it was much more suitable for small children because of smaller crowds. There was nothing as good as the best parts of the Limerick parade because there are always some excellent efforts in the main parade. But it was worth it to not have to wait through 7 or 8 boring groups for every decent part.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

It's always ****e.

There is nothing entertaining about groups of people walking down a street.

It's almost entirely devoid of creativity, entertainment and fun.

You know they way the Council is putting 10 million euros into O'Connell Street? Well, one of the main reasons we're not going to get anything particularly imaginative or ambitious is that one of the design criteria is that the street needs to be able to host the St. Patrick's Day parade once a year. I kid you not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

The centerpiece should be a giant bronze statue of a braying ass in honour of our various councils over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

zulutango wrote: »
    You know they way the Council is putting 10 million euros into O'Connell Street? Well, one of the main reasons we're not going to get anything particularly imaginative or ambitious is that one of the design criteria is that the street needs to be able to host the St. Patrick's Day parade once a year. I kid you not.

Surely something imaginative could still hold a parade? When you think of how narrow shop street is in Galway and they still manage to hold the parade.

Failing that, we could always move the parade to Henry Street?

Lads/ladies/swan lovers

Anyone experience buying a phone from cex? I bust my phone and I can get one from them for a tenner more than the quoted cost of repair on my own one. Do cex offer warranty? I need it to last until August when work gives me a new one :p

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I've bought a PS2 and other things from them but never a phone. They certainly offered a warranty on the PS2 and I've never had a problem with anything bought there.

How long was the warranty on the ps32?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

TBH i can't remember, think it was either 6 months or a year. It's still going 2 or 3 years later anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dashoonage wrote: »
    Lads/ladies/swan lovers

Anyone experience buying a phone from cex? I bust my phone and I can get one from them for a tenner more than the quoted cost of repair on my own one. Do cex offer warranty? I need it to last until August when work gives me a new one :p

they offer a 24 month warranty on everything

https://ie.webuy.com/blog/feature.php?article=tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-1918688228918285001.post-3531288059297499599

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Any idea what the hold up with the Coke bikes at the station is about? The stands have been ready since before Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement