Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travel System pram

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

heldel00 wrote: »
    City baby jogger mini seems to be the one jumping out at me. Have researched them a bit at this stage, but not due til October, and this buggy is suitable from birth.

Mother care have them at 289 this month. They take adapters for maxi cosi seats.
    We bought our second last week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Mother care have them at 289 this month. They take adapters for maxi cosi seats.
    We bought our second last week. :)

The mini is suitable from birth but the select, which i bought, is not. Select was more suitable for our country roads and will be adaptable for when no.2 comes along please god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

So I took the plunge and bought baby jogger city select buggy.
    Still in box awaiting a little passenger but here is my dilemma ...

Feel a bit stupid even tellin this but what I currently have is only suitable for baby when he/she is 6 months old!
    I would need to buy the carrycot for use from birth. Carrycot is 130eur. Have got maxicosi adapters for the car seat which clips easily onto the frame and three friends have told me not to buy the carrycot. That I will be using the car seat mostly and they rarely used their carry cot.

I know it's not recommended to have baby in car seat for long periods of time though. Very confused!

Would you consider buying the carrycot secondhand maybe? Only thing is you'd probably still need a new mattress anyways.

I had a different travel system, but definitely used the carrycot an awful lot in the first couple of months. The car seat is fine for small distances, but if you actually want to go out for a nice long relaxing walk ... the baby is very exposed really in the car seat, no matter how well you wrap them up. Much nicer to see them lying flat on their back and relaxed and tucked up well away from the wind and cold etc when they're that small. Even with a rain cover on the car seat, it's just not the same ...

Also consider that something like 20% to 30% of births end up being C Sections, and sometimes you can't drive for up to six weeks after one of those ... in which case you might end up walking a lot more than expected!

If I were you I think I'd just buy the carrycot, to be honest. But it depends on your own circumstances, and how much walking you think you'll actually end up doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

So I took the plunge and bought baby jogger city select buggy.
    Still in box awaiting a little passenger but here is my dilemma ...

Feel a bit stupid even tellin this but what I currently have is only suitable for baby when he/she is 6 months old!
    I would need to buy the carrycot for use from birth. Carrycot is 130eur. Have got maxicosi adapters for the car seat which clips easily onto the frame and three friends have told me not to buy the carrycot. That I will be using the car seat mostly and they rarely used their carry cot.

I know it's not recommended to have baby in car seat for long periods of time though. Very confused!

I'm leaning towards the Baby Jogger City Select GT with carrycot. I figure the carrycot can be used inside the house and then just attached to the pushchair when we go for a walk. It should mean one less item of furniture needed in the living room as it will double as the downstairs cot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Its not recommended to keep a baby in a car seat for more than am hour as they find it more difficult to breath in that position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Ginger Power

I had the beep twist and was happy with it. I think it's great value for the price. My daughter slept in the cot part for the first few weeks too before she went into the crib.

Can i ask how did you find it for going out walking iv heard reviews its only good for town streets etc and i live in the country, i dont think spending €600 plus for a travel system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

and they rarely used their carry cot.

We rarely used our carry cot outside the house to be honest. A few times but nothing major but we never kept her in the car seat for more than an hour at a time either.

What the carrycot was useful for inside the house ,was putting her down for naps. She used it every day multiple times for the first 6 1/2 months. That alone was worth it for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I also had a different system but used the carrycot every day until baby was too big. I rarely had the car seat on the chassis as I didn't like leaving them in it too long, especially if they were having a long nap. And it seemed cosier for them than being in proper pram just put out flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Can i ask how did you find it for going out walking iv heard reviews its only good for town streets etc and i live in the country, i dont think spending €600 plus for a travel system.

I found it perfect for walking around. However I will say I live in suburban Dublin so can't really answer your question I'm relation to country roads. I never had any problems with it at all. I think it's great value for money and couldn't see myself paying anymore for a travel system either

I found it perfect for walking around. However I will say I live in suburban Dublin so can't really answer your question I'm relation to country roads. I never had any problems with it at all. I think it's great value for money and couldn't see myself paying anymore for a travel system either

Thank you, i live in the country but dont know would it suit, but to be honest any more then €400.00 for a travel system for me is just too much. Thanks for your reply

• Advertisement

So since all this, we looked at the Chicco City Jet and i really liked it, think we are gonna put deposit down on it, after all my research the beep twist hasn't got really good reviews and any shop bar smyths i go into isn't giving it a good review saying wheels arent great on it after a few months, i don't want to be spending money on it and for it to break on me after a few months

So since all this, we looked at the Chicco City Jet and i really liked it, think we are gonna put deposit down on it, after all my research the beep twist hasn't got really good reviews and any shop bar smyths i go into isn't giving it a good review saying wheels arent great on it after a few months, i don't want to be spending money on it and for it to break on me after a few months

We've had our beep twist for 8 months now and it's perfect. I've heard the reviews about the rubber on the wheels wearing down after a few months but ours are fine.

We didn't want to spend 1k+ on a travel system so the beep twist was the best of the cheap travel systems I could find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

After 5 months and a bloody heavy boy at 8kg already I regret buying a travel system new at all. Next time around I would just get something second hand that'll take the maxi cosi car seat on the frame and get a from birth stroller that is light!

slinky2000 wrote: »
    We've had our beep twist for 8 months now and it's perfect. I've heard the reviews about the rubber on the wheels wearing down after a few months but ours are fine.

We didn't want to spend 1k+ on a travel system so the beep twist was the best of the cheap travel systems I could find.

We priced the Chicco at 499.00 with that its a 3 n 1 and the car seat base which hubby wants. Its nice and light i could lift it. Suppose if we went with beep twist and with car base it would be tiny bit more. I could go to next shop tomorrow and change my mind im useless

We priced the Chicco at 499.00

Yea that's not a bad price. The 3 in 1's are handy, as I said ours took her naps int he pram bit for about 6 months during the day, we'll worth it. She's a bit big for it now at 8 months, she goes up to her cot now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Listenlinda

Hello there,

I am really struggling in deciding what travel system to get for my second baba.

I don't see the point spending more than roughly 500€.... I had a Quinny for my first one ,spending a fortune and ended up hating it. So this time I want to get it right.

Can anybody recommend one? There are so many out there and reviews are so mixed, so I'm so confused....

Important to me really is that it has a big basket, comfy car seat that can be easily attached to and lightweight, nothing too bulky, nothing with huge wheels... I would love a pramette which would save me getting a separate cot part, but there is not many out there.

Anyway, if anybody can help me out with their suggestions 😊

Thanks so much!

Hi.
    I'm in the middle of looking for a travel system and my head is wrecked there is so many out there.
    I was looking at the quinny but I see you didn't like it. Also had the beep twist in mind or else chicco urban.
    I really don't want to spend a fortune on 1. Just wondering what did you end up getting?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Linda travel systems would give you a migraine!
    Do you defo want a proper pram? If not look at the out n about. I think they are great and you will use it for years. You will especially love it when baby is older. The wheels look like my bugaboo ones. The beep twist look different.
    You can get a carrycot thing for out n about but I don't think it looks like the pram on beep twist.

Boots usually have out n about in their sale or look at littlewoods and use promo code ;)

The best thing is to do is practice putting the buggies up and down. Some people will say they love I candy/uppababy vista/baby jogger city mini but I found them all too heavy. Different strokes for different folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Just purchased the uberchild brand. Found it online good reviews and fast delivery.

Uberchild.com

Spent silly money on city select baby jogger. Bought the extra seat and everything because that's the kind of over-organised eegit I am. I've only used it a handful of times.
    Too heavy to be lugging around the place. Lovely comfy buggy and if we are going away for the day we always bring it but I bought a joie mirus for my mam to have and have robbed it from her for the summer. (Someone on boards recommended it because of the easy one hand fold.)
    It's a brilliant little stroller, can be used from birth, you can purchase a matching car seat that sits in on the stroller when baby is very young. We paid 125 in argos.
    The baby jogger buggy will be used whenever baby 2 makes an appearance but if I was doing it again it would be joie mirus all the way.

Spent silly money on city select baby jogger. Bought the extra seat and everything because that's the kind of over-organised eegit I am. I've only used it a handful of times.
    Too heavy to be lugging around the place. Lovely comfy buggy and if we are going away for the day we always bring it but I bought a joie mirus for my mam to have and have robbed it from her for the summer. (Someone on boards recommended it because of the easy one hand fold.)
    It's a brilliant little stroller, can be used from birth, you can purchase a matching car seat that sits in on the stroller when baby is very young. We paid 125 in argos.
    The baby jogger buggy will be used whenever baby 2 makes an appearance but if I was doing it again it would be joie mirus all the way.

Possibly me. I got the joie mirrus in smyths for 99e and it was the Best Buy ever. Travel system abandoned for it

• Advertisement

I think it was you mirrorwall. Fantastic little buggy. A lot of very good second hand ones on donedeal and adverts.

I think it was you mirrorwall. Fantastic little buggy. A lot of very good second hand ones on donedeal and adverts.

I hit the jackpot with that one. I literally raced in at 5 to 6 to pick it up because I was so pissed off with my travel system lol. Paid off. My childminder and I fight over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The old model Uppababy Vista is on sale on Pramworld for £400, (great buggy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭noeleeee

Just purchased the uberchild brand. Found it online good reviews and fast delivery.

Uberchild.com

Hi crazy_kenny, just want to check with you how you got on with the uberchild ? We are also looking at uberchild and would appreciate your feedback ?

Thanks,
    Noel.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Blinkeyblue

I got the graco evo in the end and was really happy with it. Now I have to say if I had another baby I would go with a lightweight stroller from birth. I'm already finding it a bit too big for my car and they grow up so fast. I guess the more children you have the smaller the pram/buggy gets :) with my first one I bought the whole lot and spent a fortune, just to regret it after a couple of months. With the second I had learnt my bit and spent a fraction of the money and was by far happier as I went for a far less bulky pram. But as I said I'd probably go even smaller if I had another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

FTM here and I am sooooo overwhelmed by all of this

We live in a teeny tiny house close to city centre Dublin with minimal storage (don't even have a hall to leave the buggy in, it'll be in a small space beside the sofa), so my priorities are compact and lightweight.

I'd ideally like something easy to fold too, seeing as I'll likely be folding it all the time in the house to save space. And I'm pathetically weak, often can't even unscrew the lids on water bottles, so it needs to be easy to fold.

I'd like something to use from newborn, ideally both forward- and rear-facing, that's easy to manoeuvre on the Luas and buses. Some basket space would be nice too. We will also be needing a car seat.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

FTM here and I am sooooo overwhelmed by all of this

We live in a teeny tiny house close to city centre Dublin with minimal storage (don't even have a hall to leave the buggy in, it'll be in a small space beside the sofa), so my priorities are compact and lightweight.

I'd ideally like something easy to fold too, seeing as I'll likely be folding it all the time in the house to save space. And I'm pathetically weak, often can't even unscrew the lids on water bottles, so it needs to be easy to fold.

I'd like something to use from newborn, ideally both forward- and rear-facing, that's easy to manoeuvre on the Luas and buses. Some basket space would be nice too. We will also be needing a car seat.

Any suggestions?

Pregnant with first baby here too, so no real experience, but I had a look at the joie range of stuff as recommended above ^^
    Have to say I was really impressed with it, it's simple, no frills, and looks neat and easy to handle.
    Plan on going to Smyths for a look to see is it as good as it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

How far in advance do you need to order these things. There's a baby fair on 1st October and I'm due 26.11.2016. Would I be mad to wait? Are there good deals at the fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

Beanybabog wrote: »
    How far in advance do you need to order these things. There's a baby fair on 1st October and I'm due 26.11.2016. Would I be mad to wait? Are there good deals at the fair?

I think there are definitely bargains to be had at the baby fair but it's very busy and at that stage you'll be uncomfortable so I'd recommend doing all your research first and knowing the rrp of what you're looking for. I'm going to get the next2me crib there as they had it for about €30 less at the fair in April, and with a a free breastfeeding cushion.

I have an out n about which I love but it's very bulky so I've gone for the joie chrome this time around purely because it folds so small. I'll store the out n about in my mams and use it again once the baby is 6 months +

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

xalot wrote: »
    I think there are definitely bargains to be had at the baby fair but it's very busy and at that stage you'll be uncomfortable so I'd recommend doing all your research first and knowing the rrp of what you're looking for. I'm going to get the next2me crib there as they had it for about €30 less at the fair in April, and with a a free breastfeeding cushion.

Thanks. Would you think it's it enough time to order a pram if I didn't have one until the fair?

Advertisement