Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another buggy question - UppaBaby Vista

• 22-06-2015 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

We are looking to buy a new travel system and have narrowed the search down to two options - the Uppa Baby Vista and the Bugaboo. We prefer the Uppa Baby, due to lots of small features, such as the bigger basket, higher positioning of the baby in the buggy and that over time (if needed) it can convert to a double.

My one big concern about the Uppa Baby is its size, as the frame seems wider than alot of other buggies - has anyone had any experience of it around the city? We are based in Dublin and will need a buggy that can fit through shop doors and ideally on to Dublin bus. Has anyone had any problems around the city with it because of its size? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

I have an uppababy Vista and love it. I don't really fin it any wider than others. I have been to town and out and about plenty and on Dublin bus with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I would not buy it because it converts to a double. It's not a very nice setup as a double. I have the Bugaboo donkey and even in double mode I've yet to find a door I can't get through. Lovely as a single too. So I think the Uppababy isn't terribly wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I've ordered the uppababy vista and I don't think it looks too wide at all. It's only some of the larger double buggies that have trouble getting through door frames and at that it's when the doors are made small (usually older houses and buildings or sliding patio doors that don't go fully back). I used to work in nursery retail and was never overly fond of the bugaboo, but in fairness that was back when there was a batch of frames that were causing a few problems, from what I've been told by my ex workmates they don't have any issues now. I still ordered the vista over the bugaboo due to the big basket and it's far less finicky to fold IMO. I also asked about back up and if there had been any glitches but there haven't been. (and I know my ex colleague wouldn't lie to me :D) Having been in the stores when customers come in with problems and you're depending on the manufacturer to sort the issue can get a bit frustrating, particularly as the majority of them have to be sent back to their central warehouse for a time, leaving an unhappy customer without a buggy, or having to lend them a loan pushchair which isn't ideal for any customer)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We have the Vista and so far I love it - much preferred it over the bugaboo cameleon. The new model as a double looks quite nice imo. Takes a little bit of getting used to steering it as back wheels are wider than the front but it is so easy to push and turn that's not a major issue

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Another uppababy lover here! As another poster mentioned the back wheels are wider than the front which got me into trouble a few times until I got used to it. I've walked a LOT with mine and it's a dream to push, and has a brilliant basket and sunshade. I never had problems in shops and my house has a narrow door and it fits in no problem.

The double feature in the new version is fantastic too - I unfortunately have the 2014 version so it doesn't convert to a full double but I still love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I am still ages from buying a buggy but love the uppababy, could anyone tell me how wide the widest part is?

Advertisement