Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Modding Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

no i am with Three, but my phone is unlocked and been testing with different networks and different modems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

akamossie wrote: »
    no i am with Three, but my phone is unlocked and been testing with different networks and different modems :)

Cool, was it factory unlocked or did you unlock yourself? I unlocked mine myself.....dunno if that has anything to do with it??

Cheers,
    M

i have it unlocked with the vodoo sim-unlock app in the playstore, originally was locked to Three. I can't see this has to anything with it to be honest.

i have it unlocked with the vodoo sim-unlock app in the playstore, originally was locked to Three. I can't see this has to anything with it to be honest.

Yeah, I done the exact same mate and I done a few for mates as well and they are all fine :-( So not fair and annoying mine is doing this!!!

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Just out of curiosity does anyone else's phone get hot at the bottom of the screen and rear of the phone after browsing the internet for more than five minutes? Downloaded a temperature app and it routinely goes into the high 40s during heavy usage. It's not burning hot but quite uncomfortable still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

So mate, flashed Omega 9, calls worked for a while now back to the same ****e again :-( Can't make or receive any calls and everything else works fine!? Rightly annoyed at this stage as have pretty much tried everything.....

Annoyed,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    So mate, flashed Omega 9, calls worked for a while now back to the same ****e again :-( Can't make or receive any calls and everything else works fine!? Rightly annoyed at this stage as have pretty much tried everything.....

Annoyed,
    M

download the omega app from the play store, download and try different modems i guess.

Did you do a full wipe?

Have tried various different modems with no luck :-( I have not done a full wipe each time.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Yep I get that too. I wouldn't call it hot - more like warm! My guess its the processor getting spun up to get through more work and hence the temp increase, although it could be the 3G radio. Don't know what's located there.

Just out of curiosity does anyone else's phone get hot at the bottom of the screen and rear of the phone after browsing the internet for more than five minutes? Downloaded a temperature app and it routinely goes into the high 40s during heavy usage. It's not burning hot but quite uncomfortable still.

• Advertisement

Have tried various different modems with no luck :-( I have not done a full wipe each time.

Cheers,
    M

i guess put you just need to flash it back to vodafone rom and return it.

elderlemon wrote: »
    Yep I get that too. I wouldn't call it hot - more like warm! My guess its the processor getting spun up to get through more work and hence the temp increase, although it could be the 3G radio. Don't know what's located there.

You are right this is the 3G radio which located behind the battery. nothing to worry about. make sure you reboot your system every couple days as some apps keep running in the background and using the 3G which will cause the heat as well

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

hi,
    trying to root s3, went into down load mode..screen on s3 said down loading dont switch off etc...getting this message in odin app...<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0) , after selecting tar file and pressing start.

following this link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1695238

have tried it with usb debugging on and off, using vista , any help lwould appreciate thanks.

blueyedson wrote: »
    hi,
    trying to root s3, went into down load mode..screen on s3 said down loading dont switch off etc...getting this message in odin app...<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0) , after selecting tar file and pressing start.

following this link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1695238

have tried it with usb debugging on and off, using vista , any help lwould appreciate thanks.

I suggest you use this method, mauch easier http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1703488

Hi,
    on vodafone network, have rooted using method from page 1 of this thread,
    What's installed
    - Root: SuperSU
    - Recovery: ClockWorkMod
    - Util: CWM Manager

Question is what back ups should be made after rooting? Should a backup be made in clockword mod? I know the benefit of rooting, but whats CWM used for?

sorry is q's are a bit stupid, am new to all this modding stuff.

blueyedson wrote: »
    Hi,
    on vodafone network, have rooted using method from page 1 of this thread,
    What's installed
    - Root: SuperSU
    - Recovery: ClockWorkMod
    - Util: CWM Manager

Question is what back ups should be made after rooting? Should a backup be made in clockword mod? I know the benefit of rooting, but whats CWM used for?

sorry is q's are a bit stupid, am new to all this modding stuff.

CWM - is your tool to install new rom, backup and restore rom. I strongly recommend you do a backup after the rooting, as it will nandroid your entire system and have it in case you need to revert to it for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Omega v10 released

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1663656

Android Revolution released yesterday (Used this rom on my Desire HD)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1797334

;)

bogman wrote: »
    Omega v10 released

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1663656

Android Revolution released yesterday (Used this rom on my Desire HD)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1797334

;)

Very tempted to put Android Revolution HD on mine, which one you running on your S3 mate?

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement

Very tempted to put Android Revolution HD on mine, which one you running on your S3 mate?

Cheers,
    M

Omega v10 all the way :)

Omega v10 all the way :)

Cool! What so good about it then mate??

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Did you have to do the sim unlock?

I'm still on 9.1, it's a great rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

I rooted my s3 using this guide then I tried to run titanium backup, it said I wasn't rooted, downloaded root checker from the market, and sure enough, it says I'm not rooted. Supersu is installed and enable superuser is ticked in settings...Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Found out what happened, after I rooted, I got an ota update, update unrooted phone, I rerooted and alls good now.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Lads has anybody tried changing the DPI on the stock ICS 4.04?

I have rooted the phone but must stick with the Stock Rom for a while so installing a custom ROM isn't an option currently.

uRbaN wrote: »
    Lads has anybody tried changing the DPI on the stock ICS 4.04?

I have rooted the phone but must stick with the Stock Rom for a while so installing a custom ROM isn't an option currently.

What is the benefit of changing this mate??

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What is the benefit of changing this mate??

Cheers,
    M

To fit more stuff on the screen. I just used Apex launcher and set it to 6x6.

I tried out the Jelly Bean ROM but ddn't like the way it displayed colours, the stock Samsung appeared more vivid and brighter. I did a nandroid restore within minutes. I will re-flash when it's further developed

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    To fit more stuff on the screen. I just used Apex launcher and set it to 6x6.

I tried out the Jelly Bean ROM but ddn't like the way it displayed colours, the stock Samsung appeared more vivid and brighter. I did a nandroid restore within minutes. I will re-flash when it's further developed

I found the same with AOKP ICS on the S3, it just looked really really bad (blurry and jaggy), to my eyes at least. Others on XDA have mentioned it as well but last time I checked there was no fix.....shame as I would rather stock ICS\ Jellybean as not that gone on Touchwiz to be honest!!

Advertisement