Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DivX on Xbox1

Options
  • 14-06-2007 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭

Hi All I have a modded xbox 1 and all I want to do is play DivX. Anyone know what I need and how to install what I need onot the xbox.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

Not an expert on this but I modded my xobox over the weekend and got this working. I used ndure and XBMC, I could not play DIVXs off the DVD player but I ftp'd the divx files to the xbox hard drive and opened them and they worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭ongarite

You need to install XMBC as an app or dashboard on your XBOX.
    XBMC will play all DIVX, XVID files you have with no sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Ok dumb question coming up. How do I install XBMC as an app and where is the bets place to download XBMC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Ok dumb question coming up. How do I install XBMC as an app and where is the bets place to download XBMC :D

you can get it on most torrent sites....to install it you copy (FTP) the folder XBMC that you downloaded to the F:\Apps\ directory on the XBOX and depending on your dashboard it will be listed under applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Cheers for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Jabbathegut

Try here http://t3ch.yi.se/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You'll get banned for less if you're not careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Achilles wrote:
    You'll get banned for less if you're not careful.

huh ? xbmc is not illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

No but linking to code that's been prebuilt is. It uses the official Microsoft SDK to built it and these can only be obtained through illicit means. Linking to the source code would be fine but linking to a prebuild is a no-no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

ongarite wrote:
    You need to install XMBC as an app or dashboard on your XBOX.
    XBMC will play all DIVX, XVID files you have with no sweat.

Not true, lots of hi res Xvid wont playback without crazy stuttering.

Unfortunately it shows up the limitations in the hardware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭ongarite

There is no such thing as a hi-res XVID file. You're talking about H264 and X264 files with MKV or MP4 containers.
    The XBOX doesn't have the RAM and CPU speed to decode the video and AAC audio without major skipping.

Advertisement