Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Hi guys. New to boards but just wanted to let ye know that my husbands bike was stolen from the phoenix park racecourse last night (I think)
    The millrace rd underground car park.
    Please be on the lookout for a mans carratec bike black and grey for sale in the area and please let me know.
    Thanks all

This has been going on across the road in Ashtown all summer as well. In one instance, thieves actually took the entire metal rack with 8-10 bikes attached to it from one of the underground car parks during the night. No idea how they managed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

And also better parenting from the locals combined with appropriate state support/education/investment etc to fix the underlying social problems.

i agree with the better parenting but there is already so much for them to do in blanchardstown i really dont see how they need more state help. why cant they go to the cinema/leisureplex in the centre? or to some of the parks in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,889 ✭✭✭✭Stark

retalivity wrote: »
    This has been going on across the road in Ashtown all summer as well. In one instance, thieves actually took the entire metal rack with 8-10 bikes attached to it from one of the underground car parks during the night. No idea how they managed that.

Sounds reasonably easy to do. Half the time those things are barely screwed into the ground. All you'd need is a van and a couple of lads to pick up the rack and throw it in the back. We've one of those racks in our work bike space and I often come down after work to find someone has picked up the rack with bikes and moved it across the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just saw this post on Facebook in the blanchardstown area group.... hopefully the scumbag is caught!

**IMPORTANT PLEASE READ** - copy and paste thank you
    I implore you to read this & share among your friends, especially vulnerable females :
    Last night, Wednesday October 8th, between 22:00 - 22:30 my friend was attacked & almost sexually assaulted just meters from her home in the Clonsilla, Ongar area.
    The assailant; a young male aged 16-20 approx is presumed to have been on the same bus as her (the 39A) & disembarked at the same stop. Approaching her from behind he placed his hand over her mouth & told her he wouldn't hurt her if she succumbed to his vile & disgusting demands. Despite her obvious shock & utter disbelief that this could be happening, she managed to shrug him off, hit him with an umbrella & scream for help. The attacker then fled in the direction of Ongar.
    The youth in question was wearing a black zipped hoodie with a skeleton motif on the front. Black / brown hair, 5ft 6" - 5ft 8", pale complexion & spoke with a Dublin accent. The Guards were called & are currently investigating CCTV footage from CIE which will hopefully help them identify the criminal.
    As the evenings are getting shorter, please take heed & be extra vigilant if traveling alone. This ordeal could have been a whole lot more serious & the perpetrator needs to be reprimanded before he strikes again.
    Please contact Blanchardstown Garda station on 016667000 with any helpful information
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

DvB wrote: »
    Black / brown hair, 5ft 6" - 5ft 8", pale complexion & spoke with a Dublin accent.

Damn...that's basically a description of me and I live in the area! I swear I didn't do it!!!!

I do never really know if these Facebook posts are genuine or just someone out trolling again. I didn't hear of any such attack in the area. And there's still a lot of traffic along the 39a route at that time of the day. You'd have to be an idiot to assault someone in front of so many potential witnesses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Damn...that's basically a description of me and I live in the area! I swear I didn't do it!!!!

I do never really know if these Facebook posts are genuine or just someone out trolling again. I didn't hear of any such attack in the area. And there's still a lot of traffic along the 39a route at that time of the day. You'd have to be an idiot to assault someone in front of so many potential witnesses.

why assume straight away its not true :mad: in some parts there is not a lot of traffic on the 39a route at 10pm plus its dark at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Shiranui wrote: »
    There is a school nearby - Scoil Nais Mhuire Sois, Blakestown.
    Is it also a warzone?

I am asking because I need to choose school for my son (Junior Primary).

A primary school a warzone?

No it's not a warzone. Like every junior school the kids are too you to tell if they'll be lunatics when they grow up..

I went there as did the majority of my adult friends. We all survived the green that was first there with bonfires built as big as the spire(not that big really) then the Londis and other shops that were there and not to forget the blakes tavern..!

To add we all turned out fairly ok.. Apart from one lad who still lives at home and likes to lock himself away for weeks on end..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

DvB wrote: »
    Just saw this post on Facebook in the blanchardstown area group.... hopefully the scumbag is caught!

Sorry to be facetious, but did they employ someone from Mills & Boon to write that warning?

Let's hope it's not a trend, there was a murder a good few years ago in Blanch where someone was followed from a bus (IIRC)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Gaspode wrote: »
    Sorry to be facetious, but did they employ someone from Mills & Boon to write that warning?

Precisely. The way it's written is just odd.

The unusual choice of words makes it look like it was written by an amateur trying to come across as a professional journalist/writer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Gaspode;92560600"]Sorry to be facetious, but did they employ someone from Mills & Boon to write that warning?

Let's hope it's not a trend, there was a murder a good few years ago in Blanch where someone was followed from a bus (IIRC)

Are you thinking of Marilyn Rynn?

It was never established if she got a bus or taxi but David Lawlor did follow her at some point on her walk through the tunnels to Corduff.
    RIP

ps. That was nearly 20 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

That's the one, bloody 'ell 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭trick

Hiya, anyone any idea about the Garda chase at 1pm on Thursday through Annfield?
    Serious speed! I got the fright of my life. There is a skid mark on the road right beside my car.
    I just heard speeding and when I looked out the window I saw the undercover Garda car chasing the other car.
    Not the safest thing to be doing in an area like Annfield where the Childers are out playing.

Later that eve there were 2 Gardaì on bikes parked out at the new junction beside the school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Jesus has it been nearly 20 years since Marilyn Rynn was murdered? I was only about 7/8 but i still remember the news about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

I had to look it up, as I didn't recognise her name. Yer man got out of prison this year. :mad: How horrible for her family, to know that he's a free man but the poor woman is gone forever.

Also, turns out he's Larry Murphy's cousin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I had to look it up, as I didn't recognise her name. Yer man got out of prison this year. :mad: How horrible for her family, to know that he's a free man but the poor woman is gone forever.

Also, turns out he's Larry Murphy's cousin!!

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Wow 20 years since Marilyn Rynn was killed. I was only down that lane a few months back and was trying to think of her name. I still remember the footage on crimeline

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Gaspode wrote: »

Don't shoot the messenger, saw the article/warning on FB & thought some folk here may appreciate the warning on the assumption its a true story.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Anna46

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anna46 wrote: »
    <SNIP>.

You must really like that app. This is the third thread (all within the last hour) you've recommended them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Anna46

It is very personal to me. I use it daily and will recommend it to anyone who has been in similar situation as me who may find it helps life easier to cope with. The knowledge that I am now safe is worth its weight in gold and I aim to help others.

• Advertisement

Anna46 banned for shilling & spamming.
    It's best to just report these shills/spammers rather than engaging with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Whatever about the burglaries lads, you'd want to be watching out for "the Ebola" now too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Arciphel wrote: »
    Whatever about the burglaries lads, you'd want to be watching out for "the Ebola" now too....

The woman you're referring to didn't have Ebola. Link.

I know. Didn't stop some people trying to cause a panic in social media though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The irony being that some people who were asking for people to calm down are the same ones that were tweeting about it earlier including pics of the health centre.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The irony being that some people who were asking for people to calm down are the same ones that were tweeting about it earlier including pics of the health centre.

Yep that's what I am referring to as well. Anyway hope the woman in question is ok and that this false alarm is as close as we get to the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

Some more info on sexual predator Hartstown, Ongar, Clonsilla, Castlecnock from Blanchardstownpastpresent on Facebook:

****** I have been informed from a reliable source that there has been a series of attacks on young girls past couple of months,around the hartstown,ongar and clonsilla area and now the attack near Castleknock CC,the girls did not a good look at this attacker face,as he always seems to be wearing a low down hat or has his hood up,he seems to be quiet young,aged between 16 -very early 20s and always seems to speak in a very graphic and violent manner towards his victim,I have no idea if these have been reported to the police or what,but I think it is very important for the public of D15 area to be informed,not sure if there any point in ringing up the police in Blanchardstown and asking them as i dont think they will give me any information but i will try and let you know

I rang Blanchardstown garda station and the garda I was speaking to said he had heard of no reports of attacks on women around the area but my best bet was to speak to the community policie,they have given me the direct number which is 01 -6667020 - there is no answer to this number and it wont let me leave a message,so ill try again later - one of our members on the group has suggested contacting the superintendent and some local tds and organising a meeting for locals to attend to see what is going on,as I said early I do not know what incidents have actually been reported to the gardai,but I have recieved these reports from reliable people - will keep you posted about any meetings that maybe organised next couple of weeks,in the meantime stay safe

ADMIN MESSAGE [Not Boards.ieAdmin] - we have had numerous messages from various people over the past few weeks about attacks in the area - we cannot get anything confirmed by the local gardai,but we can confirm today that the students of Castleknock Community College have received notes home today from the headmaster that a girl was sexually attacked on her way to work in the park or around that area Saturday just gone,the Gardai also have alerted the school to this,on hearing this we have been speaking to someone who will contact local gardai on our behalf and hopefully we can arrange a local meeting,as this is of great concern -this is a history group yes,but its also a group full of local women and mothers who have daughters and sisters ,so we feel its our duty to share this

Yeah I saw on a few of the local neighborhood watch and residents Facebook pages that there has apparently been a few attacks on women now, reckon it could be the same guy travelling around D15. I think I might have seen on Facebook that the headmaster of CCC sent a note home today, somebody put up a picture of it, let me see if I can find it.

Edit - here it is, it was posted on the "Luttrellstown Riverwood Bramley Residents Alert FB Page"

A6yDLc7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Shiranui wrote: »
    Some more info on sexual predator Hartstown, Ongar, Clonsilla, Castlecnock from Blanchardstownpastpresent on Facebook:

****** I have been informed from a reliable source that there has been a series of attacks on young girls past couple of months,around the hartstown,ongar and clonsilla area and now the attack near Castleknock CC,the girls did not a good look at this attacker face,as he always seems to be wearing a low down hat or has his hood up,he seems to be quiet young,aged between 16 -very early 20s and always seems to speak in a very graphic and violent manner towards his victim,I have no idea if these have been reported to the police or what,but I think it is very important for the public of D15 area to be informed,not sure if there any point in ringing up the police in Blanchardstown and asking them as i dont think they will give me any information but i will try and let you know

I rang Blanchardstown garda station and the garda I was speaking to said he had heard of no reports of attacks on women around the area but my best bet was to speak to the community policie,they have given me the direct number which is 01 -6667020 - there is no answer to this number and it wont let me leave a message,so ill try again later - one of our members on the group has suggested contacting the superintendent and some local tds and organising a meeting for locals to attend to see what is going on,as I said early I do not know what incidents have actually been reported to the gardai,but I have recieved these reports from reliable people - will keep you posted about any meetings that maybe organised next couple of weeks,in the meantime stay safe

ADMIN MESSAGE [Not Boards.ieAdmin] - we have had numerous messages from various people over the past few weeks about attacks in the area - we cannot get anything confirmed by the local gardai,but we can confirm today that the students of Castleknock Community College have received notes home today from the headmaster that a girl was sexually attacked on her way to work in the park or around that area Saturday just gone,the Gardai also have alerted the school to this,on hearing this we have been speaking to someone who will contact local gardai on our behalf and hopefully we can arrange a local meeting,as this is of great concern -this is a history group yes,but its also a group full of local women and mothers who have daughters and sisters ,so we feel its our duty to share this

Just a note about trying to contact the community guard. I had a reason to try and make contact a few months ago and rather than go through the normal routine of ringing main line I decided to contact the community guard. Over a period of two days I rang at least 6 or 7 times and could not get to speak to anyone.

I rang the direct line as above, rang out and no option to leave a message. I then rang main line and asked to be transferred, only to get the same. I eventually called in person and asked to speak to someone and was told nobody available but to ring the number during the day, as above. I said I already tried several times but no answer and no voicemail.

I asked could I leave my number and that somebody call me ..I left my number and name ..that was end of August,,,still waiting on a call...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭daymobrew

exador wrote: »
    I asked could I leave my number and that somebody call me ..I left my number and name ..that was end of August,,,still waiting on a call...
    Our residents association has been trying to get a meeting with the Community Gardai. Even after eventually speaking with them they don't come back with date suggestions. Very, very unprofessional, patronising and annoying.

Advertisement