Ragweek thread time - Page 14 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-03-2012, 13:55   #196
BhoscaCapall
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inisboffin View Post
I had a non cash transaction and I asked why they shut it down. One lady said that it was for security reasons, and they didn't want anything 'like at Supermacs' the other night.
I hope you treated this with suitable contempt and burst out laughing in her face.

What a complete joke.

What next, student complains about rude customer service in Dunnes and the shopping centre is shut down "in case we have a repeat of Supermacs"?

A flare up the arse of some of these people would do them a world of good.
Advertisement
01-03-2012, 14:01   #197
Samich
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhoscaCapall View Post
I hope you treated this with suitable contempt and burst out laughing in her face.

What a complete joke.

What next, student complains about rude customer service in Dunnes and the shopping centre is shut down "in case we have a repeat of Supermacs"?

You're embarassing us (students)
01-03-2012, 14:04   #198
squonk

Send a message via MSN to squonk Send a message via Skype™ to squonk
Would it not have occured to the student protestors to wait a few weeks anyway before complaining about college fees, after last week like?
01-03-2012, 14:20   #199
inisboffin

Quote:

What a complete joke.

Nope I didn't - she was just telling part of the reasoning behind the bank (not her) shutting. Not her fault imo, nor does she deserve contempt or a flare up the arse. You can't *make* people have a certain reaction/lack of reaction to the Supermacs Syndrome. Plenty of people think it was a disgrace.
Thanks from:
01-03-2012, 14:23   #200
BhoscaCapall
Banned

So you think it likely that this

Was going to turn into a few hundred heavily pissed-up students having a party inside AIB?

Ok dear.
Advertisement
01-03-2012, 14:43   #201
inisboffin

Quote:
So you think it likely that this

Was going to turn into a few hundred heavily pissed-up students having a party inside AIB?

Ok dear.
Nope, I didn't say that. But then again I am not the one who decides to close the bank. These guys look perfectly well behaved. Then again walk by 10 mins later and what you saw was a load of security guards closing a door and a load of people chanting in front of the building. Did I find it threatening? No. Was the banks decision to react this way (to what looks like a peaceful enough protest) influenced by the gobsh*tes in Supermacs the other night? Yes. Whether wrong or right, yes it was. So they did this cause at least nofavours with that 'craic'.
Thanks from:
07-03-2012, 10:03   #202
EJLL

A YouTube video has been posted of Rag Week 2012 in Galway in the style of the movie Project X
Shows footage of Supermacs Eyre Square. It looks like a dodgy safari with chimps gone wild.

16-03-2012, 19:56   #203
BhoscaCapall
Banned

Relevant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...mQNdOULc#t=53s

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size