Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Airsoft Underground

• 02-03-2010 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

The Airsoft Underground.

Bringing Irish Airsoft to The Next Level.

We would like to announce a new venture which will bring a new level to the sport of airsoft in Ireland.

Announcing

“The Airsoft Underground”.

Simply The Airsoft Underground is a new group whose aim is to bring you airsoft where you want to play it. We are still working on a lot of finer points.

Q. Ever been heading home from work or school and seen a place you thought might be great for airsoft and never done anything about it? What can you do?
    A. Contact The Airsoft Underground.
    The Airsoft Underground will attempt to contact the owner of the property and attempt to strike a deal in relation to allowing a game of airsoft to be played on their property. We will survey the property to ensure it is safe and in conjunction with a promotions company will organise the games and insurance.

Q. What’s in it for you?
    A. The most amazing game of airsoft you have ever played. If you bring a property to us and if we can organise the property for an airsoft game, you and 5 of your mates can play free.
    Through a network of contacts, we have already sourced 4 locations around the country that will bring Irish Airsoft to the forefront. We are actively working on these locations and have one secured and should be ready to announce it as our first venue shortly.

Q. What do I do now?
    A. Send us a PM with information about the site. The address, Sat Nav, a photo, contact details for the owner (if you know it) and of course your name and phone number. Any information you have on the location. We will contact you as soon as possible.

We are The Airsoft Underground.
    We are first and foremost, Airsofter’s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Have you given any consideration to the CJA 2009's requirement of Airsoft venues to be approved (licensed) by the district superintendent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Or the fact that you need a change of use from the local authority and public liability insurance on land for public use?

An idea like this could do a lot of harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Airsoft UG

fayer wrote: »
    Have you given any consideration to the CJA 2009's requirement of Airsoft venues to be approved (licensed) by the district superintendent?

Yes we have. No venue will be used without following correct procedure and this includes making contact with all local authorities.

Airsoft UG wrote: »
    Yes we have. No venue will be used without following correct procedure and this includes making contact with all local authorities.

Good luck so, no need to shout lol.

Its a clever way to get other people to find good land for you, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So let me get this right ,

you want people to go out scout locations regardless of where they are

so you /company can go approach the landowners to set up a skirmish site on there land,

for some kind of super airsoft venture never seen before

so whats your experiances running airsoft sites

playing airsoft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

good luck, i know how hard it is to run a normal site, let alone moving the location around between location, will be interesting to see how this works out

i know this structure has worked in the uk but of course the rules are a little different over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Gatling wrote: »

so you /company can go approach the landowners to set up a skirmish site on there land,

playing airsoft
    i think they are tryin to be like the english boys that hire hi rise and shoppin malls,cant remember their names,looks like its one off events
    oh good luck guys

Or the fact that you need a change of use from the local authority and public liability insurance on land for public use?

An idea like this could do a lot of harm.

This why we will need to treat each venue as a seperate entity. All home work will be done on each location. We have all our insurance in place and everthing will be done legally and above board .

deco nate wrote: »
    i think they are tryin to be like the english boys that hire hi rise and shoppin malls,cant remember their names,looks like its one off events
    oh good luck guys

You can't legally do once off airsoft events in this country though, there is an exemption clause in the national development plan 2001 for local events but airsoft isn't covered in it (I checked lol).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Interesting theory.,:)
    Is the plan for it to be a one off game or to use the site permanently?

What assurances do players get that they are insured onsite? who are you using for insurance etc.

Do you have any experience running a site, or have you been involved in any previously?

I like the idea of it, but id need a bit of convincing that it would all be above board with the cops and insurance.,:)

• Advertisement

You can't legally do once off airsoft events in this country though, there is an exemption clause in the national development plan 2001 for local events but airsoft isn't covered in it (I checked lol).
    ah thanks reloaded,i didnt know that cheers bud

This why we will need to treat each venue as a seperate entity. All home work will be done on each location. We have already recived a quote for short term event insurence. This includes a site visit prior to any event taking place by our insurence supplier.

How do you plan on getting around the change of use issue? Im just curious, mainly because there is no clause in Irish law that covers airsoft for such an event.

Gatling wrote: »

playing airsoft

Gatling we have vast experience in the running of airsoft sites in ireland you know us well all will be revealed in due course;);).It will be for one of events all over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

this sounds good (in theory), best of luck with the venture and i hope it makes it off the ground!

Gatling we have vast experience in the running of airsoft sites in ireland you know us well all will be revealed in due course;);).It will be for one of events all over the country.

No answer on the planning issue mate, don't mean to badger but its a big thing. I'm sure the authorities wouldn't appreciate illegal sites opening all over the place for a couple of nights here and there.

How do you plan on getting around the change of use issue? Im just curious, mainly because there is no clause in Irish law that covers airsoft for such an event.
    We have done our homework in regards to irish law we have all our legal issues covered

We have done our homework in regards to irish law we have all our legal issues covered

I'm sure, best of luck so.

I'm sure, best of luck so.
    thank you guys hope to have you guys down to our first event ye will love it after all ye were the first to bring indoor airsoft to the fore in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Interesting idea if it is legal and done properly.

Not to enthused with this bein a 'my daddy has a farm and he'l let us play' kind of lark.

Might also suggest a name change to lend a bit of legitimacy to your offering...just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

thank you guys hope to have you guys down to our first event ye will love it after all ye were the first to bring indoor airsoft to the fore in ireland

is that a big dirty spoiler as to the first type of venue?:p

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    Interesting theory.,:)
    Is the plan for it to be a one off game or to use the site permanently?

What assurances do players get that they are insured onsite? who are you using for insurance etc.

Do you have any experience running a site, or have you been involved in any previously?

I like the idea of it, but id need a bit of convincing that it would all be above board with the cops and insurance.,:)

all our sites are fully insured richie we have plenty of experience running airsoft in ireland all our papers will be availble at each venue for anyone to have a look at .They will be one off events richie but if it plays well at one particular venue we could use it again from time to time

all our sites are fully insured richie we have plenty of experience running airsoft in ireland i know you quite well hun:D:D:D

Is this Mark by any chance?

No :p:p keep trying :Plol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I think it's O1s1n personally:p..the "hun" gives it away:pac:

Blay wrote: »
    I think it's O1s1n personally:p..the "hun" gives it away:pac:

no blay come on you can do better than that nothing will confirmed or denied at this point ;):p:D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I , like most Irish people , think that if something looks too good to be true then it usually is too good to be true , but I really hope that I am wrong.This plan sounds great but I for one will only play on a fully legitimate and legal site.If you prove this to be the case then I and others will turn up.

:D"HUN"so,its a woman,fact 1?????:D;)

se conman wrote: »
    I , like most Irish people , think that if something looks too good to be true then it usually is too good to be true , but I really hope that I am wrong.This plan sounds great but I for one will only play on a fully legitimate and legal site.If you prove this to be the case then I and others will turn up.

We have never done things by half and we do not intend to do so now. Anybody who wishes to can view any document of permission that is required to put your minds at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

dont suppose any of these sites are southeast based.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Irish airsoft and airsofters being what they are, everyone will demand papers and proof before it goes ahead, so I reckon whoever this is will have it all organised.

Sounds like it could be great if its done properly, so I hope whoever it is pulls it off.

Its probably Airsoft Reloaded in disguise, and they're arguing with themselves to throw us off the scent - Dunno bout you lot, but Brian always calls me Hun :D

Best of luck with it, whoever it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement