Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where best to buy upgraded parts for...

• 27-04-2014 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I have a G&G FN2000.
    I would love to quieten it down a little. Does anyone know where I can get a Silent piston head & cylinder for it?

Are there any other mods worth looking at?
    I would like increased range & accuracy too.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

The F2000 use a modified V2 gearbox so any V2 silent piston head/cylinder head combo will fit
    You should be able to get these parts from any airsoft retailer

Well as for range most people fit a better hop-up rubber but the F2000 comes with a green G&G rubber which is one of the best around unless it has been changed
    As for greater accuracy fit a 6.03-6.04 tight bore barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

DeBurca wrote: »
    The F2000 use a modified V2 gearbox so any V2 silent piston head/cylinder head

Is there a color version I should be looking for or?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

The f2000 itself is actually pretty quiet. Because the gearbox is in near to your body it actually makes the noise travel less to other players.
    It can seem loud to you because the gearbox is near you.
    The gemtech halo silencer works really well with it. You have to replace the flash hider with something more similar in size to the regular m4 flash hider and the gemtech halo silencer will slide over that.

I use one with my f2000 and it makes it pretty quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

CpcRc wrote: »
    You have to replace the flash hider with something more similar in size to the regular m4 flash hider and the gemtech halo silencer will slide over that.

Why is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

The standard f2000 flash hider is too wide. There are a lot of cool aftermarket flash hiders which are as wide as the standard m4 one and look different. But the f2000 flash hider which gets wider at the end won't fit into a gemtech. There are ones that screw on directly to the barrel instead of a flash hider but I don't know how well they work. I just know that the one I've been using for years works well

• Advertisement
Advertisement