Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭squonk

Episode 2 was, if anything, better than the pilot. It's great to see the story get going now. Once criticism I have is that it felt like the baddie of the week was slightly tacked on. The main story was Oliver and his Mother along with Laurel and her case. By comparision the baddie was just kind of chucked in there. I guess it was slightly rushed again but better paced than the pilot overall. If they keep this going in this fashion then the show is going to be a real winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Headshot wrote: »
    This is my new favourite show. They really done a good job so far, hopefully they keep it up.

HS me aul mucker! How ya keeping dude :)

Anyway, enjoyed the 2nd episode more than the first (and I liked that a fair bit)

Kelly Hu was only cracking in it :)kelly-hu-as-china-white.jpg

Looking forward to next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

don ramo wrote: »
    also it did seem odd the way the ship sank, it looked like it snapped in half rather that flipped, which seemed kind of odd, even in a storm, im no expert but i wonder was it sank on purpose,

i should be an engineer:D

good episode, i thought it would be easier for him to do things if he took the job at queen industries, more access to information and all that,

the mother is a total cold hearted bitch not only did she try to off her husband but also her son, and i wonder who are the people shes in league with,

i was thinking alright that oliver probably wasnt alone on the island, i wonder who yerman is and are there any more people around,

i wonder will we be seeing much more of that tri-ad one during the season,

it looks like it gonna be fairly similar to revenge but with much more action, but with a bigger book of names:D,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

don ramo wrote: »
    i should be an engineer:D

good episode, i thought it would be easier for him to do things if he took the job at queen industries, more access to information and all that,

I'm fairly sure I heard applied sciences and technology mentioned in the episode last night when he was in the office.
    I'm delighted he didn't take the job. Would be way too much like Nolans Batman then.

Head of applied sciences with Diggle being his Alfred type right hand man.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good episode.
    Few points:
    Where does Ollie get all the equipment from? Batman had means and opportunity, but since Ollie isn't even involved with Queen Industries, surely someone would notice him getting the gear.
    What is it about kid brothers/sisters in these shows being so annoying? "You were dead so I turned to drugs and alcohol and now you're back and concerned for me I'm going to do these tings right under your nose and not care that you're concerned for me"
    Kelly Hu needs her own series, if only so we can see her on a weekly basis. :D
    How long until someone names him?
    After it showed him getting the arrow in the shoulder, I went back and saw a matching scar. Didn't look like it got treated in time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts tomorrow night at 8pm on Sky 1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

have to admit.

pretty damn badass .

its got action, intrigue, inter charcter machinations and it doesnt look cheap.

this one could not only be good, it could be great.

Not a great episode this week, pretty weak imo despite Deadshot....who wasn't that great a foe, very decent stunt work/fights though. Litle bit of arc progression....seems i was right and that the island is being used as a hunting ground.

I guess either some super rich guys hunting humans for sport or the Russian mafia using it as a base or training ground. So island Arrow is Olivers mentor.
    Diggle knows Olivers secret now + i bet his sidekick and excuse when he goes off on Arrow missions.

And Andrew Diggle was on Deadshots chest!...ergo his brother that was killed, ergo and reason for Diggle to bond and protect Oliver since he killed the man who killed his brother.

LOL @ Thea letting the cat out re; Laurel and his BFF....the nightclub is also a good cover for Oliver as well. But it was a very average ep.

2/5 ....Corto Maltese?....Batman/Vicki Vale refrence.....?

Just watched the pilot and have to say Stephen Amell is the sexiest man on tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭squonk

I actually thought this week's episode was one of the best yet. It flew by and I enjoyed it immensly. This show is really turning into a keeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Watched the first episode last night, wow, wow, it was truly awful. Story line is drivel, acting is wooden. People watch any auld tripe these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Watched the first episode last night, wow, wow, it was truly awful. Story line is drivel, acting is wooden. People watch any auld tripe these days.

Pretty much agree. The premise is sound enough but the acting and the script was woeful. Hamfisted beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rhavin

They really have to get rid of those awful voice-overs!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

lol'ing at the people on imdb talking about quinncest because the actual love story ain't interesting enough

Well got to see Dinah showing off some of her fighting skills.

Guessing some villains won't be recurring. :) Though had to laugh at Ollie's line about him being called Deadshot because he never misses. This being said not long after he missed Ollie on multiple occasions.

And what is it about shows saving one person but at the expense of multiple others? Like Deadshot killed multiple people at that event when he missed his target.
    And if he was such a good shot, combined with the use of the scope, why would he need the laser sight to give himself away?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That was 1 of the quickest 40 minutes of TV I've seen in a while, flew by, don't like the way they just seemed to throw away a good villian like Deadshot, also for a guy who never misses he sure did miss with an awful lot of bullets.

Will Laurel become Black Canary?....my guess, Diggle gets killed in the mideseason finale!, he found out Ollie's secret WAY too soon, a clear sign he'll be snuffed and Arrow blamed for the murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thought this was absolute crap of the highest order, and I'm pretty open to bad mediums of entertainment.

So brutally cliched, predictable, cheesy, far fetched, and a host of other issues that I was just patiently waiting for it to end.

Total drivel.

I thought I should quote myself, as it lends itself pretty well to my current opinion, which is that this show has really grown on me. Usually, I watch a pilot and opinions are set in stone, but my housemate persuaded me to give it another chance, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by episodes 2 and 3, incomparably better and more accessible than the pilot, which I still think tried to cram far too much into such little space.

So, alongside Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Walking Dead, and Homeland, 'Arrow' is a recent addition to my 'must-see-monday' marathon.*

*I know it doesn't air on Mondays but I just tend to watch everything on a single day of the week.

Casting news, expect spoilers: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/31/firefly-arrow/

• Advertisement

I thought I should quote myself, as it lends itself pretty well to my current opinion, which is that this show has really grown on me. Usually, I watch a pilot and opinions are set in stone, but my housemate persuaded me to give it another chance, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by episodes 2 and 3, incomparably better and more accessible than the pilot, which I still think tried to cram far too much into such little space.

So, alongside Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Walking Dead, and Homeland, 'Arrow' is a recent addition to my 'must-see-monday' marathon.*

*I know it doesn't air on Mondays but I just tend to watch everything on a single day of the week.

Been converted have you.....;) , hey it happened with me and Elementary, i was too quick to judge and it turns out to be a very good show. :)

Well, that was a nice short series. :)

Dinah looked really good this week. And how long til tech girl lets the hair down and loses the glasses?

Good episode. Some cheesy dialogue between Dinah and Ollie.
    I was sure Ollie's stepdad was in on whatever is going on.

Anytime the Grren Arrow scene music plays, like at the train tracks, I'm always waiting for the Walking Dead opening credits to start.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well, that was a nice short series. :)

Dinah looked really good this week. And how long til tech girl lets the hair down and loses the glasses?

Good episode. Some cheesy dialogue between Dinah and Ollie.
    I was sure Ollie's stepdad was in on whatever is going on.

Anytime the Grren Arrow scene music plays, like at the train tracks, I'm always waiting for the Walking Dead opening credits to start.

Who the hell is Dinah :confused: ....are you talking about Diggle or Laurel?
    Not a bad ep. - be interesting to see where the Tempest things goes and why mommy Arrow has the ship in the warehouse.

I was sure Laurel lamped onto Arrow being Ollie when he was beating the snot out of the prisoner, they way she looked at him....it was like personal, like he was defending someone he cared about,

Good end to!...more Laurel/Ollie action for next week...course he'll get off ;)
    I like the techie girl....possible love interest for Ollie?, she's smart and a bit kookie...very hot girl under them glasses and tied up hair :)

Who the hell is Dinah :confused: ....are you talking about Diggle or Laurel?

Yeah, Laurel. She goes by Dinah in the comics, so just force of habit. But not a spoiler as to her true identity or anything since Tommy Merlyn already called her Dinah Laurel Lance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Slightly better episode this week. They really need to start doing more flashbacks though, and for longer. I get they don't want to disrupt the flow of the show in the rpesent too much but we could really do with having more island scenes to fill us in.
    Although I thought the ones this week were pretty good as you have Laurel telling her dad that the Green Arrow is nothing but a murderer in parallel with him barely being able to kill a bird so he could survive a few years before. Was the first bit of good character development we've had so far.

I'd say they'll give us glimpses of the island and the other inhabitants and then show the link between those soldiers and the guys Ollie is fighting now in the finale.
    Or just tease us for now and then do a full episode set there down the line. At the moment i'd say they just want to keep building the main characters. Sure it's still early days. Don't want to reveal too much too soon about what happened on the island and how he knows what he knows.
    Who woulda thought Torchwood are the ones behind everything? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah I have a feeling we're going to get a whole episode set on the island at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Really enjoyed that. So much happened in the last 5 minutes, it felt like a season finale.
    It's the first time that I'm really looking forward to the next episode.

Arrow will soon introduce DC Comics character Ted Gaynor, IGN reports, and he’ll be played by Stargate SG-1/Farscape alum Ben Browder

• Advertisement

Wtf?....it's out a day early?....was it aired in Canada or something?

Advertisement