Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messages automatically deleted on Desire HD

• 21-02-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

So i have a HTC Desire HD running on 2.2, all up to date.

My phone occasionally deletes ALL my texts bar ones saved to my sim.

I've done the obvious and gone into settings, and have "delete old messages" unchecked but it keeps happening.

Why is this?

How do i make it stop?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Known issue..unfortunately:eek:...

happened to me and a few others here too...

Haven't heard of a solution yet but maybe I just haven't come across it...

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Lost all my messages yesterday on my HDH - annoying :mad: how do you back up texts on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

You can backup your txts with SMS Backup+.
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah happened once to me. Very strange.

I back them up once a week using SMS Backup & Restore (saves them to an XML file on my SD card and creates a new backup each time)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

I installed that SMS Backup+ - it seems to backup all texts into my gmail account, which is handy. I set it up to backup texts once a day when I am connected to wifi ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

there are quite a few DHD's floating around on adverts.ie that have been used for a short period of time. do ye think it could be because they're riddled with known issues and people want to flog em?

im asking cause ive just bought one, and it (hopefully) is arriving tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Is there any fix for this yet.... all messages deleted this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nope, still an issue. The SQLLite database is becoming corrupt, and is being blanked to recover it. Its not a DHD issue, its an android issue and is happening on a lot of different phone models.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5669

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Happened to me a while ago, very annoying at the time. I didn't realise sql lite had that problem, must look into it - I work with sql a bit so my curiosity is getting the better of me...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

Not happening for me, had my DHD since they came out, know some lads in my class have it and I haven't heard mention of this... although we all use handcent rather then the main texting app? maybe changing to that will help??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Is there any fix for this yet.... all messages deleted this morning.
    And happened to me this morning too. Just came on to post about it. Grrr...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭SickBoy

All my messaged deleted on my DHD this morning. This is the 2nd time this happened.
    1st time the message app hung and when I forced it to close all my messages deleted.
    This time I woke up to be greeted with the initial screen looking for PIN. Phone was on charge so I knew something was up. Once I entered the PIN I checked my messages fearing the worst and rightly so....
    Really annoyed with this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

This happened to me yesterday. Received a message then the message app crashed and I had to click force close. When I opened it again, all my texts had been deleted :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Anyone know if the issue is fixed in Gingerbread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Anyone know if the issue is fixed in Gingerbread?

Wondering this myself, it's happened once to me. That said the real issue I have atm and have had for months is the text notification bug. Every 3rd message or so I wont get a notification for it and i'll only see it when i look at my messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Dmz1984

my hd has never deleted my messages

running 2.3.3

fyi ( phones ( hardware ) don't randomly delete messages ), software does,
    I suggest ye upgrade your phones

Advertisement