Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

cavan pub reviews!! be honest!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

MoeJay wrote: »
    Virginia has a good few pubs (for the size of it):

Matthew's - probably the busiest
    Healy's - great roaring fire
    The Mill - small but spot on
    The Riverfront - just had the bar refurbished and also has the nightclub if you want to stsy out late....

Others too but those are my picks!

cheers, thanks
    Im always saying Ill go out and give these places a look but I dont like the idea of sitting on my own lol. Ill do it some day. so if you ever seen an awkward girl sitting alone come say hi please

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

strange pub would be the bridge inn in mountnugent, on any given sunday there will be a roaring session taking place from 4pm on! last time i was there i ended up staying all night, defo no sign of a recession there!
    complete with local drunks/singers
    prob a little outta the way for most but tommy farrellys in oldcastle is defo worth a visit, spotless, friendly staff and crowd...
    a real 5 star pub with a great pint of black

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tomas1979

hi lads.i`m from sweden and gona visit cavan in december 2011.i like irish culture and especially "guinness".so my question is which pub you can recommend in town to take really good pint of "guinness"? i prefer close to bus station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

There's 2 pubs across the road. Not sure of the name but you can't miss them. Look at a the roundabout and there on the other side.

Why close to the bus stop? I'm sure someone may suggest something on the main street(5min walk).

It's not as rough as Dublin :-)

thanks a lot.long time since i visit cavan.and i dont know town well.but yes i can take some short walk from bus station.so any more sugestions about it?

• Advertisement

what do you think about abbey bar or abbey pub.in town center?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Abbey bar is a good spot if you want a quality pint of Guiness. As is 'Brady's' bar on Main street.

The Abbey Bar is quiet though, mostly the clientelle are middle ages regulars. Not a spot for under 25's. But the quality of the Guiness alone means some customers go there just a good pint of the black stuff!

thanks a lot.i will visit abbey bar and some others.cannot wait 9 december.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

How much for a pint of Guinness and Bud nowadays in Cavan anyway guys? Seems to have gone up everywhere.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GERRYMAC65

How much for a pint of Guinness and Bud nowadays in Cavan anyway guys? Seems to have gone up everywhere.. :(
    Not any more than 4euro,but 3.80euro mostly maybe less,depends where/when.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭vr7

Cathal Bradys was a great spot. Used to drink there. Nice small bar and a cosy lounge. Great pint of Guinness too. Good mix of clients.

The Thomas Ashe, as its now called is totally different. The lounge has had a wall knocked, the cosy sofa's removed and replaced with high tables and chairs. Not to mention the Guinness went downhill and the place is full of Old Bill at weekends.

Shame really, if it had stayed the same would definitely still drink there!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

The Keepers Arms in Bawnboy is a great we pub, friendly staff, great food and great locals and fishermen around this time of the year, love this spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Gott

Abbey bar is a good spot if you want a quality pint of Guiness. As is 'Brady's' bar on Main street.

The Abbey Bar is quiet though, mostly the clientelle are middle ages regulars. Not a spot for under 25's. But the quality of the Guiness alone means some customers go there just a good pint of the black stuff!

Regulars definitely being the operative word. My father drinks in there and there's pictures of him and the rest of the regulars there dating back to the late 1970s, it's mad.

Advertisement