Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend an excellent Podcast app for android.

Options
  • 20-01-2011 1:53am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Finding it hard to get a good podcast app to work on my SGS. Tried googlelisten,Beyondpod and mypod to no real effect.

what are you using?
    any good recommendations?

Thanks,

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

why do you not like beyondpod? i find it near flaWless

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

ronano wrote: »
    why do you not like beyondpod? i find it near flaWless

I was just coming into this thread to type BeyondPod too. Its about 1 of 5 apps that I've bothered to pay for.
    I've been using it for 6 months for about 5 different shows and it gives no hassle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I was just coming into this thread to type BeyondPod too. Its about 1 of 5 apps that I've bothered to pay for.
    I've been using it for 6 months for about 5 different shows and it gives no hassle.

I downloaded the free version.....Can't find a search facility to search for my favouite podcasts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I downloaded the free version.....Can't find a search facility to search for my favouite podcasts.

Click into a Category.
    Then Menu
    Then Add Feed
    Then Search
    If it finds it hit subscribe.

If it doesn't find it you can go to the site of your podcast using the browser on your phone.
    Look for the pcast link and open it.
    It should open in BeyondPod. Then you can save it.

You can also add a feed manually if you have the rss link. Type or paste the rss address into the Add Feed box on BeyondPod.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I use " Google Listen " it's good but auto update has been playing up in the last month or so.

It also sync's the list to Google Reader.

yC7KS.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Hi,

Finding it hard to get a good podcast app to work on my SGS. Tried googlelisten,Beyondpod and mypod to no real effect.

what are you using?
    any good recommendations?

Thanks,

M

I tried Beyondpod and Listen and none was as good as Podtrapper which I had on my blackberry. Biggest problem with the first two was adding Irish podcasts. I think with Listen you had to add the podcast on the pc.

Then I discovered that Podtrapper is available for the android. Its the best I have used - easy to add a podcast, you can set to download over wifi only, you can set the number of episodes to store etc. On the other hand, it doesn't look great. Fonts on the android are a bit small but thats not a big deal for me. Overall, it just works.

In the market about € 5.40. Go to www.versatilemonkey.com for a 30 day free trial.

Because I had it on the Blackberry, I was allowed transfer my licence to the android. That's good customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

I use " Google Listen ".......
    It also sync's the list to Google Reader.

Unless you're a Google Apps user.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Adding podcasts on BeyondPod isn't as easy as I'd like it to be. Luckily I don't regularly add new ones and just have 6 or so that I subscribe to.

When I did initially set them up I used chrome to phone from my laptop. I find it the handiest way of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

I keep going back to ACast, as it's the only one I've found (free or paid -- and it's free) that does everything I want in more or less the way I want. Takes a bit of perseverance, though -- I wish I could say it had a great user interface, but it really doesn't...

None really do have a great interface at all............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

I use BeyondPod too. You're right the interface isn't great for adding podcasts but that's something you don't do too often.

Once they're added the interface (for playing and managing them) is pretty good in BeyondPod, I think.

None really do have a great interface at all............
    Indeed... I've always said that once I'm up to speed a bit more on Android development I'd try my hand at writing a podcasting app. I'm a UI designer by day so I could make a killing :P

Then I discovered that Podtrapper is available for the android. Its the best I have used - easy to add a podcast, you can set to download over wifi only, you can set the number of episodes to store etc.

that wifi facility sounds clever - is there a setting in BeyondPod for that per chance?:)

that wifi facility sounds clever - is there a setting in BeyondPod for that per chance?:)
    Dunno, but ACast has that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

It does. It's under Feed Update Settings.
    Loads of options in there.

timetogo wrote: »
    It does. It's under Feed Update Settings.
    Loads of options in there.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRrreat!

Thanks - just did it there. :)

Advertisement