Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Triax audio problem

Options
  • 25-07-2013 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I have just installed a Triax box in the attic with several magic eyes around the house for the various tellies we have. The problem is that the audio signal from the box to each telly is mono only. I have another Triax box hooked up directly to the big telly and the stereo sound is fine for both TV and radio.

I understand the stereo signal is available only through the scart output on the Triax box and that is why everything is fine with the big telly. Short of getting a separate box for each of the other tellies, is there any way of getting stereo on those?

Another related problem is that when I play the radio through the telly, the Triax static logo screen stays on. Is there any way of getting rid of this and having a blank screen instead. I am afraid the image will eventually burn on to the screen if it is left on too long. The telly is a new Samsung but it does not seem to have a screensaver. I could just manually lower the brightness, but that is a pain to have to do every time. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

Wireless video senders transmit stereo sound.

Any wired solution wouldn't be able to use the coaxial cables already in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

A very expensive and energy wasting way of listening to the radio (Through the TV). Why not connect the receiver to an amplifier, or even computer speakers? I have a few satellite receivers connected to high quality powered computer speakers? You'll be amazed whats on the market and how cheap they can be picked up.

I use something like these:
    http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Logitech_LS21_-_PC_multimedia_speaker_system_980-000057/version.asp

On the other note, you will only get mono sound through the RF cable output. Stereo was only ever available via analogue in the form of Nicam stereo, which was devolped by the BBC in the 80's. Basically i think it was an analogue signal with a digital subcarrier which the tv tuner decoded (DAC), I suppose the early forms of DAB. Im sure watty will correct me.

Advertisement