Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Breakfast in Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Yeah right! :D

p.s. Do a search on "Wild Onion rudeness".

That thread is from 2007 :rolleyes:

I have to say I've never expierienced any type of rudeness in there. Sure they're the stereotypical Americans i.e. forward and in your face, but I think that's part of it's charm :) It's always good craic, and a great atmosphere.

It's survived pretty well in this economy, so I'm sure plenty of people feel the same as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

I just see that the Wild Onion is number 3 on Tripadvisor!

Do Bobby Byrnes do breakfast?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    That thread is from 2007 :rolleyes:

I have to say I've never expierienced any type of rudeness in there. Sure they're the stereotypical Americans i.e. forward and in your face, but I think that's part of it's charm :) It's always good craic, and a great atmosphere.

It's survived pretty well in this economy, so I'm sure plenty of people feel the same as I do.

Agreed.

Unfortunately the rudeness and abuse we suffered lingers. I work quite close to the place and have seen the proprietors many times since here and there, and I've absolutely no doubt they well realised they were 100% in the wrong.

I never got an apology.

Agreed.

Unfortunately the rudeness and abuse we suffered lingers. I work quite close to the place and have seen the proprietors many times since here and there, and I've absolutely no doubt they well realised they were 100% in the wrong.

I never got an apology.

So... tell us what happened.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

search for the thread lass :)

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    search for the thread lass :)

Oh God did that happen?!! haha
    He must have been pretty stressed or something! Never heard of someone returning their toast though! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

He just flipped out for no reason. For what it's worth (I was only having coffee that morning) the toast wasn't browned at all.

Had either of them apologised at the time or since, I wouldn't be writing this.

p.s. Cafe Mint in Henry St. is another good'un. Reports of the John St. Deli are also positive.

Never heard of someone returning their toast though! :)
    I know! what an a$$hole! :pac:

I like mine medium rare :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

John Street Deli. Got a breakfast in there a few weeks ago that was so good, I took a picture. Will post it later as I've no access to the pic here in work. Jumbo breakfast was incredible though.

40602_435939031128_539001128_5375446_1623890_n.jpg

how much was that captain a?

€9 Europeans :D

is it an all day place, or mornings only?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is 9 a bit dear in these times?
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=30849096&id=1288967560&ref=fbx_album

Symths bar above 5.95 is very good

I saw Flannerys advertise buy one get one free on breakfasts on Saturday mornings

bigpink wrote: »
    Is 9 a bit dear in these times?
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=30849096&id=1288967560&ref=fbx_album

Symths bar above 5.95 is very good

I saw Flannerys advertise buy one get one free on breakfasts on Saturday mornings

depends on what you want i suppose. i would gladly pay the 9 bucks for that breakfast again.

Zuroph, that is an all day breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Captain Average, that is one SERIOUS brekkie :eek: Did you manage to finish it?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

depends on what you want i suppose. i would gladly pay the 9 bucks for that breakfast again.

Zuroph, that is an all day breakfast!

That looks a good quality and freshly cooked breakfast, alot of places have stuff cooked off early so it does depend what you want to pay for. That brekkie would do you for the day! :eek: :D

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Captain Average, that is one SERIOUS brekkie :eek: Did you manage to finish it?! :D

alas no, there were a few mushrooms, two pieces of potato, a piece of soda bread and a square of toast left. It's my new mission in life to beat that breakfast though:D

• Advertisement

I'm going for an upmarket bacon and egg in the morning. The Clarion. Oh yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tierney2

Finnegans out past Castletroy!:D:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Where about on John Street is that Deli? I was driving up there today and tried to spot it but couldn't. (I'm only living here 5 months so don't kill me if it's pure obvious, I had to keep one eye on the road after all!) I live within walking distance of there so I'm keen to find out for the next "morning-after"

It's right across the road from Donkey Fords

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Deadly buzz, thanks for that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I like the all day brunch in O'Connors on Thomas St

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Deadly buzz, thanks for that!

Be warned,its very nice.Many a time I stayed up all nite on the beer and went there for breakfast!

Been too long since I've had one there now tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭BESman

This thread is making me fierce hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

John St. Deli in the morning anyone? :D

• Advertisement

Cant in the morning... but going to try it over the weekend hopefully :)

Advertisement