Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sue's 10th Anniversary Events

• 21-05-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Sue, the world's most complete Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton and wold's most famous fossil, is getting all spruced up for her 10th anniversary celebrations starting on the 29th of May in the Chicago Field Museum.

Events include:

RoboSUE: The T. rex Experience, a journey back to prehistoric times where visitors will encounter a super-realistic robotic SUE who responds to humans by looking directly at them and reacting to their movements.

A new 3-D movie titled Waking the T. rex: The Story of SUE, featuring exciting scenes of dinosaurs and updates on what researchers have learned about SUE. The amazing 3-D images are sure to add a new dimension to visitors' knowledge of paleontology.

Appearances by Sue Hendrickson: the fossil hunter who found the popular T. rex. The human Sue will sign autographs and answer questions each day from 11am to 3pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

:eek: They've a Trex in Chi! I'll be there in September. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Nevore wrote: »
    :eek: They've a Trex in Chi!

It's only the most famous dinosaur in the world...
    I'll be there in September. :pac:

Take pics and write a report/review for your buddies at the Palaeontology Forum? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Will do!

The Trex is the most famous, or the Trex in Chicago? I don't know the first names of any dinosaurs and cancelled my subscription to Heat a while back. I guess I fail at celebrity palaentology. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

T. rex is the most famous, while sue is the most famous T. rex.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sue_(dinosaur)

Advertisement