Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weekly weekend rideout?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Jaysus, I never even thought of it! D'UH!!! :rolleyes: I might take it off and bring it down the next time as I need a tyre as well. :P

Well in fairness by the next time you're coming down here again the shop will probably be closed up fully and Davy won't be doing bike tyres so they haven't bought in anymore bike stuff (valves etc.) since the Council were out :( feck it anyway (sorry for hijacking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Did the brakes on the bike today and gave it a bit of a clean. All ready for the spin tomorrow. Hope to see ye at the Esso garage in Kilcock for 10am and hope the day will be as nice as today was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'll be there on my red fazer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Did the brakes on the bike today and gave it a bit of a clean. All ready for the spin tomorrow. Hope to see ye at the Esso garage in Kilcock for 10am and hope the day will be as nice as today was.

Are u guys coming in any weather? I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Could someone PM me their number for tomorrow? Not familiar with Kilcock, so may get lost.:o

90% sure I'll be there.

• Advertisement

Pipz wrote: »
    Could someone PM me their number for tomorrow? Not familiar with Kilcock, so may get lost.:o

90% sure I'll be there.

From where are you going? From what direction?

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Are u guys coming in any weather? I wonder.

If it's pissing, I can't go as I run race tyres on the bike (basically road legal slicks) and they don't work in wet weather. But hopefully it won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Coyote

hey guys
    might join you for a spin tomorow, where every one meeting?

Coyote

90% sure I'll be there.

Get onto the N4 and keep going westbound. You'll pass a number of exits for Lucan, Maynooth etc. You'll eventually come to an exit for Clane & Kilcock. Go up the slip road to the roundabout. Take the 4th exit off, down to the next little roundabout and take the 2nd exit off. Go straight for about half a mile and the Esso is on the right. I'll send you that PM anyway.

Coyote wrote: »
    hey guys
    might join you for a spin tomorow, where every one meeting?

Coyote

Esso in Kilcock @ 10am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Will hook up with you NOOBs at some stage, I have lads coming up from carlow so had to adjust the times for them.

The sun is splitting the sky here so hopefully it lasts the day....laterz peeps ;)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Will hook up with you NOOBs at some stage, I have lads coming up from carlow so had to adjust the times for them.

The sun is splitting the sky here so hopefully it lasts the day....laterz peeps ;)

Wow it was simply amazing. Gary and his team made my day. Simply amazing. Honestly superb spin.

Thank you

Just in the door now. Great spin and savage roads! Kudos to Pipz on her R125 staying mid-pack for most of the day, fair play. Nice to meet everyone. I'll stick up some pics later after I eat and shower.

Til next time! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kido Fazer 1

Really enjoyed the spin today. Nice to meet some new faces as well.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Anyone care to post the route you went today. Ill have my learner permit next week & im looking forward to getting on the road:)

Anyone care to post the route you went today. Ill have my learner permit next week & im looking forward to getting on the road:)

There will be spin taking place, if u r looking for company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Will noobs be ok to join on that spin bikerguy? i'm on a cmx 250 so might be a bit underpowered. :o

juice1304 wrote: »
    Will noobs be ok to join on that spin bikerguy? i'm on a cmx 250 so might be a bit underpowered. :o

No power involved at all its a spin to enjoy, not to race.Wait for Wando-boy post. He is the "leader".

juice1304 wrote: »

The run we had today (there was a split and there was two runs) went to Carlingford and there was a girl on an R125 and she was with us the whole time, so you're not underpowered and you won't be left behind, regardless of who you go out with.

As my other post, there was 2 runs today. The one I was on started in Kilcock, onto Trim via Summerhill, into Athboy and stopped in Kells briefly. Then we went onto Castlebellingham where we had something to eat, and then onto Carlingford. Coming back we just stayed on the N52 the whole way from Carlingford to Ardee, then the N2 into Slane and into Navan...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 skippergonzo

Great spin today
    really enjoyed that
    sellotape holding my bike together is not normal BTW:)

Great spin today
    really enjoyed that
    sellotape holding my bike together is not normal BTW:)

Maybe, it's funny as f**k though!!! LOL

Here's a few pics. Can ya spot yourself? LOL

208444.JPG

208445.JPG

208446.JPG

208447.JPG

208448.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

i went for a nice spin to howth
    IMAG0844.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

I know a few of those faces.
    Pity you went so early.
    Bikerguy linked up with us for the later spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was a great spin after the initial delay (problem with one of the bikes) which totally put us on the back foot. Then we hooked up with another rider (big dandolph) which delayed us another bit. But was a great day with great company.

Sorry I did not get a chance to hook up with you other guys, but I did see you on my way over to meet bikerguy and it was a fine convoy yiz had going there.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Great spin yesterday, was great to actually get out with some other bikes. Learned a load from all the experienced heads too. Can't wait to get back out. :D. Cheers to everyone for being so welcoming to the little newbie. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Yzf R6

Wasn't able to make it out yesterday but by the sounds of it it was a great day out.Will this happen often,if so I would definitely be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Great spin yesterday! Nice meeting lots of new people

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    ...but I did see you on my way over to meet bikerguy and it was a fine convoy yiz had going there.

Cheers mate. Pity ya got delayed, ye coulda made our convoy bigger! :D
    Great spin yesterday, was great to actually get out with some other bikes. Learned a load from all the experienced heads too. Can't wait to get back out. :D. Cheers to everyone for being so welcoming to the little newbie. :)

Little newbie??? You were feckin' flying! Not a bother on ya. :cool:
    Yzf R6 wrote: »
    Wasn't able to make it out yesterday but by the sounds of it it was a great day out.Will this happen often,if so I would definitely be up for it.

There's usually a spin somewhere every Sunday (depending on the bike forum) but either Wonda3oy or myself will throw up a post if we have one going.
    Great spin yesterday! Nice meeting lots of new people

Nice to meet you too chief. I heard you were hopping that Fazer around the place. Tut tut!! :pac:

Advertisement