Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

trump becomes president 1000 euro at 25/1 on betfair

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Hmmm, hope the Hillary fans didn't place that 10k bet. Early days still I know, but it ain't lookin good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Hmmm, hope the Hillary fans didn't place that 10k bet. Early days still I know, but it ain't lookin good ;)

She's a best-price Even Money favourite to win - how is it not looking good?

Ok, I guess watching her get crushed by berrrrrrrrnie led me to believe she may lose.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Ok, I guess watching her get crushed by berrrrrrrrnie led me to believe she may lose.

Super delegates disagree.

Super delegates disagree.

Apparently so, to the dismay of many. Hillary the Horrible may cough herself to death first tho, so who knows what will happen:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Possibly the lowest ever price for Trump to be Triumphant at just x3.25 with Tote & Fred.

Interestingly even the majority of Latinos voted for him (who he occasionally offends) on Tuesday night's Nevada caucus, clinching 45.9 per cent of votes and record turnout levels, and around the same time Jeb'B fades out of the race with around $200m lighter in the wallet.

Screen_Shot_2016_02_24_at_14_16_57.png

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Charity10k

"Trump has proposed building a wall along the Southwest border of the U.S. (financed by Mexico) to keep immigrants out and has called for a “deportation force” to round up the 11 million plus undocumented people current in the country and deport them. He has also been condemned from claiming that Mexicans who cross the border are often “killers” and “rapists.”

---

Trump won 46 percent of the Latino GOP caucusgoers in Nevada.

*They made up 9% of the total vote.

We are clearly missing something.

To clarify, he took 45.9 per cent of (TOTAL) votes.
    with the 'likely hood' that many of the Latino votes were a part of that total.

Screen_Shot_2016_02_24_at_20_35_03.png

Some reports were that the majority of Latino voters in this event supported him,
    whether this is correct is not, is debatable, but it's worth considering they make up 24% of the electorate,
    and Rubio didn't do so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Charity10k wrote: »
    "Trump has proposed building a wall along the Southwest border of the U.S. (financed by Mexico) to keep immigrants out and has called for a “deportation force” to round up the 11 million plus undocumented people current in the country and deport them. He has also been condemned from claiming that Mexicans who cross the border are often “killers” and “rapists.”

---

Trump won 46 percent of the Latino GOP caucusgoers in Nevada.

*They made up 9% of the total vote.

We are clearly missing something.

The Latinos that voted for him are US Citizens, based on the fact that are eligible to vote. They are likely pro border protection as the illegal immigrants likely have the large effect on them. Firstly by being associated with the negative image, but also by by creating excess competition in lower paid employment sectors - often undercutting them in a race to the bottom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Charity10k

Unfortunately you are right Mellor. They will choose to put food on their own families table even if it means voting for a bigot to lower competition and increase wages.

Same story different place when far right political parties gain a lot of support in tough economic times.

This post has been deleted.

Not just by them ;)

Trump 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This self-protectionist outlook, which is somewhat understandable in certain conditions could also be relative factor to the Brexit (x3circa).
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057563560

As the recent folks settling in over in the UK over the last few years might not welcome news of another 1m on the way (or 5m by 2020). Who will be in competition for the 2020 £9phr living wage, alongside increased manual automation & robotics. Add in too few school places, housing shortages and a very crowded free health service.

Whether it's the anger over the water charges, immigration or the establishment in general, 2016 could turn out to be a year of surprises.

Today's price a bit short, but a summertime sizzler option could be June Brexit @2.88 x DTrump Nomination @1.44 = x 4.15

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Hi all i posted the bet of the year, however i didn't have the 1000 at the time to put it on. I've 100 on it though.
    I've also got side bets on Biden .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

moneymad wrote: »
    Hi all i posted the bet of the year, however i didn't have the 1000 at the time to put it on. I've 100 on it though.
    I've also got side bets on Biden .

I imagine few will believe you without a screenshot...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RyanDrive

I think a great bet is John Kasich @ 9/4 to win the Massachusets Primary (without Trump). Rubio is 2/7 favourite but Kasich has gotten several endorsements for reputable politicians based there. He also skipped events in Nevada to campaign there and his team think of it as one of the states they might sneak (which is fairly unlucky given Trump's surge). Rubio is at 20% in the polls and Kasich 17% but I think he has a fantastic chance of coming in second on the day while Rubio goes downwards. Sticking 200 on it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Si1965

RyanDrive wrote: »
    I think a great bet is John Kasich @ 9/4 to win the Massachusets Primary (without Trump). Rubio is 2/7 favourite but Kasich has gotten several endorsements for reputable politicians based there. He also skipped events in Nevada to campaign there and his team think of it as one of the states they might sneak (which is fairly unlucky given Trump's surge). Rubio is at 20% in the polls and Kasich 17% but I think he has a fantastic chance of coming in second on the day while Rubio goes downwards. Sticking 200 on it myself.

Good call - although it was close in the end. Just 1066 votes more (0.2%)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭3DataModem

3DataModem wrote: »
    25-1 is not a great price.

Listen to this idiot! Of course it's a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Anybody know what odds he was to win the republican nomination only?

racso1975 wrote: »
    Anybody know what odds he was to win the republican nomination only?

x1.25 (way too short), was x1.4 couple of days ago (see previous page).
    Unless you're accumulating with other novelties e.g. the Brexit (x2.88) and few other selections is really not worth considering at this late stage.

Shortest price ever for the Don today just x2.75 to run the show, but x3.5 still available at a couple of places. Reading this thread from the start is much LOLs now.

• Advertisement

Si1965 wrote: »
    Good call - although it was close in the end. Just 1066 votes more (0.2%)

The bets won but they still have to count one more precinct! Really annoying as I need the get the money out as it's going towards my flight to America in the summer funnily enough. Was touch and go but I was confident he'd pull through.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Before getting too excited about Latinos voting for him in the Nevada primary, only card carrying republicans (or democrats) can vote in their respective primaries. So a card carrying Latino Republican is a bit like a London Irish UKIP supporter, sure they exist, but they definitely don't represent the majority view of their minority if you know what I mean.

For what its worth I think the bookies are covering their asses there and in reality Trump's price should be about 5/1, even if you take it as a given that he gets the nomination. Hilary, while no great candidate will be viewed as the lesser of too evils with the kind of moderate Americans that usually decide these elections and at anything around evens is worth having a nibble on from now til November if you ask me.

Mellor wrote: »
    What % chances do you think Trump is go get the RP nomination?

Although this isn't officially confirmed until July, it seems PPowers have paid out early on this (RP) market to the tune of £100k.

Perhaps, orange is indeed the new black. http://blog.paddypower.com/politics/2016/03/02/paying-donald-trump-republican-presidential-nominee/

image from their blog:
    Screen_Shot_2016_03_19_at_19_17_57.png

Bernie was doing well but is now looking like it'll be a handbags at dawn between HC & DT. Kasich is a possible dark horse, if they manage to oust the Don.

I think the Trump trains starting to derail. Sticking 400 on Ted Cruz for the republican nominee @ 5/2. (Had a bit on him already @ 7/2 a few days ago). He seems to have navigated the cheating scandal pretty well and has actually come across quite likeable (well compared to what he used to be) in the last couple of weeks. Trump's act is starting to get old at this stage - (we've been listening to him for about ten months now) and I think the "establishment" will manage to push Cruz past him in the end. Also have a bit on Kasich to cover myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

He still has to beat hillary, you can't underestimate that tbh

He still has to beat hillary, you can't underestimate that tbh

Perhaps, but also hard to underestimate 50 million folks on food stamps and 3/4 of workers that haven't seen a pay rise in 4yrs. Also Sanders voters that might prefer him over HC if they had to choose between the two.

A brash straight talking cowboy with a low syllable count may be more favourable to another decade of banker sponsored scripted legalese that promises more hope & change.

It'll be close, and entertaining to watch whatever way it goes.

Value is long gone, but a bit of price discrepancy (160%) exists today with x6 on powers but only x3.75 with boyles for the Don. (x4.7 is average).

Perhaps, but also hard to underestimate 50 million folks on food stamps and 3/4 of workers that haven't seen a pay rise in 4yrs. Also Sanders voters that might prefer him over HC if they had to choose between the two.

A brash straight talking cowboy with a low syllable count may be more favourable to another decade of banker sponsored scripted legalese that promises more hope & change.

It'll be close, and entertaining to watch whatever way it goes.

Value is long gone, but a bit of price discrepancy (160%) exists today with x6 on powers but only x3.75 with boyles for the Don. (x4.7 is average).

What's hillary @ atm, could try and dutch it cause i only see it going two ways here...

What's hillary @ atm, could try and dutch it cause i only see it going two ways here...

HC (v)BP is x1.47, not great but never was at a good price, think it peaked circa Oct '15 at x2.4 after a week of explaining ghost email servers to a judge.

Think it will hold steady at max x1.4 or x1.5 unless there is more major scandal or revelations. Saying that, it's still going to be a very volatile market all the way till November, entertainment all the way.

HC (v)BP is x1.47, not great but never was at a good price, think it peaked circa Oct '15 at x2.4 after a week of explaining ghost email servers to a judge.

Think it will hold steady at max x1.4 or x1.5 unless there is more major scandal or revelations. Saying that, it's still going to be a very volatile market all the way till November, entertainment all the way.

Yeah at anything above 2's you'd be making a profit would dutch €100 at 3's for Hillary.

• Advertisement

moneymad wrote: »
    Can't wait to collect my winnings.

Good stuff on Trump, another future 'back and then lay option', would be for the US 2020 election (this may suit some folks on their way back from Cayman/Panama to place their funds for the next 4yrs).

and the selection....

...Zukerberg (Democrats) the (only) current price is x81.

That's right, the face pages guy. Let's 'face it' he already knows what around 1bn people are currently thinking (they're mostly watching cat lolz videos).
    He's also currently building ai-robots (future transhumanist voters), IOT devices, and domestic VR gateways which to pipe adverts down through during 2019/20

Actually may be able to get prices closer to 250/1 (and more), once the book starts to open up a bit more. Again only consider back and lay, but anything is possible...

Kayne West however, would have more change of growing wings and flying to Mars than winning it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement