Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nelly Furtado Maneater - Timbaland

Options
  • 31-05-2006 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

What you think of timbos new production on Promiscuous Girl?

OK maneater is gonna be huge hit but has timbo sparked a comeback?

Was beginning to think he was fading with the whole missy thing. Good to hear he’s back in the game & going in new directions.

http://hype.non-standard.net/artist/Nelly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Never thought he was fading at all, he's been with Missy for years so it's not like it's a new thing anyway. He's had awesome production on Deliverance by Bubba Sparxxx, I'm So Fly by Lloyd Banks, Put You on The Game by Game and even Who is She to You by Brandy a very decent r'nb song, also a very weird but strangely catchy beat for Potion by Ludacris. He's delivered once again with Maneater, not the first time him and Nelly Furtado have collaborated but Timbo's still one of the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Corholio wrote:
    Timbo's still one of the best

Absolutely, very creative producer. When he first appeared on the scene in the mid to late 90's I have to admit I didn't like his production style but I learned to appreciate it for what it was.

Bit of a legend I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yeah Timbo never went away,although I do wish he would put out more stuff.That Put You On The Game track was incredible production wise and his work on Deliverance is incredibly under appreciated.

I'm fairly sure he did something with Lloyd Banks lately.Supposed to bew trash however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

"That Put You On The Game track was incredible production wise"
    Completely agree. I think it was that track that made me listen to the album. Such a banger!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I don't think Timbo will ever fade away tbh. He's possibly my favourite producer. And Put You On The Game was one of his best ever beats imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

He's excellent alright. One of my fav producers. Love maneater..great track

I just hope he,like Premo,changes and improves his MC choice.Bubba?Missy?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Missy owes him her career tbh. He always reserved some of his best beats for her. The only thing about Timbo is he's great for the club banger type song, which doesn't suit a lot of the better MCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

By timbo was fading I was referring mainly to the missy production, the last missy album wasn’t up to much and when I heard she did most of the producing it didn’t surprise me.

To me this recent stuff seems to be going in a different direction for timbaland, he does choose unusual people to produce. I wouldn’t rate Bubba sparxx much as an MC but he does get the beats from timbo.

In a way it reminds me of puffy back in the day with Craig mack, flava in ya ear. He claimed he could make anyone a star and I guess he did with him to some degree.

Being a huge DeVante fan Id have every reason to hate on timbaland but having heard the truth behind the whole sista project and the downfall of the Swing Mob I feel he did what he had to do (Timbo).

To me Devante is to R&B as Dre is to HipHop sadly I don’t think hell be producing any more. Last I heard he was strung out in LA, still he went out on top theres nothing worse than seeing artists melt down their career on kids TV shows or giving in to what Clive Davis demands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

Always one of my favs
    I love everything he does, from the underground stuff (Cee-Lo, Surrounded By Idiots with Pharrell) to the big r&b numbers (Aaliyah, Missy, Brandy etc)
    "Maneater" is a savage production the vinyl has a lovely extended outro which kills it in the clubs (savage)
    Also like the old stuff he did with Ms Furtado but check out their new tune "Promiscous"-another banging beat and some catchy (albeit naff) rapping from both-great tune though from a party perspective!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Orizio wrote:
    Yeah Timbo never went away,although I do wish he would put out more stuff.That Put You On The Game track was incredible production wise and his work on Deliverance is incredibly under appreciated.

I'm fairly sure he did something with Lloyd Banks lately.Supposed to bew trash however.

The track with Banks is called "My House" and its pretty decent, not too crazy about the hook but very recognisable Timbo beat but definitely above average. On a sidenote about Banks - 8Ball, Scarface and Rakim are all featured on his new album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jane101

Orizio wrote:
    I just hope he,like Premo,changes and improves his MC choice.Bubba?Missy?!?
    missy is a great choice of mc, she is not afraid to express herself (maybe you just like to hear all about ho's and bitches) you need to listen to her lyrics more rap/hip-hop is all about freedom of speach and expression which i think she does great at!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jane101

David19 wrote:
    Missy owes him her career tbh. He always reserved some of his best beats for her. The only thing about Timbo is he's great for the club banger type song, which doesn't suit a lot of the better MCs.

do you all just agree with everything everyone else says?

missy is such a good mc and she can just let it flow have you ever seen her live? when she free styles you would be blown away!!!!

jane101 wrote:
    missy is a great choice of mc, she is not afraid to express herself (maybe you just like to hear all about ho's and bitches) you need to listen to her lyrics more rap/hip-hop is all about freedom of speach and expression which i think she does great at!!!

Damn you've got me down to a tee.I wish I wasn't such a retarded G-Unit stan as well but I just love 50's eloquent and multi-faceted rhymes,his fantastic use of alliteration,metaphors,personification and irony to show how much he loves his ho's and bitches. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

oh ****, my pc just crashed. it couldn't handle the sarcasm:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Missy is an amazing rapper. Timbo got just as much out of producing such a great artist. It really was and is a great marriage of producer + rapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

if we're talking about great timbo beats lets not forget "brush ur shoulder off" by jigga. very similar to game beat but classic timbo head nobbing material right there. and tbh alot of the early ish he done with alliyah is pretty damn good to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 chris01

BRM wrote:
    What you think of timbos new production on Promiscuous Girl?

OK maneater is gonna be huge hit but has timbo sparked a comeback?

Was beginning to think he was fading with the whole missy thing. Good to hear he’s back in the game & going in new directions.

http://hype.non-standard.net/artist/Nelly

I cant believe you just said that timbo is fading away lol the guy have done production not only for missy but a whole bunch of artist hes one of the best producers out there. promiscuous girl is a great track if it was for timbo's work the track would have been rubbish, oh what do you think of nelly futardo shes too hot lol.

Advertisement