Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Problems with door lock

• 13-04-2014 8:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭

Having problems with our door lock.

The majority of times the door will not lock from either the inside or outside without 8 to 10 attempts at slamming the door. Also the lock disengages while driving.

Anyone else come across this problem? I've attached photo- not sure if we need a new lock or if it can be repaired?

Any ideas where we'd buy a lock and / or parts?

Thank you.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

2nd photo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

3rd photo

Spray some teflon lubricant into the gubbins and try to get all the moving parts moving as you do, if that doesn't do it, it may require realignment/dissection/replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

I have just dealt with a very similar problem,after a lot of head scratching and a bit of googling my fix was to put the handle of a screwdriver in the hinge side of the door as a wedge and close the door gently against the handle, in this way pushing the door over towards the lock,dont over do it or you can end up with a gap on the hinge side. Jump to 3.40 for the bit we are interested in

Advertisement