Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LESSONS - Offered And Requested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭eire1

Hey all, I'm headin to Cork in Feb. Anyone know anywhere good for drum lessons in the city centre/Bishopstown area.
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 anrom162

Hi All,

I'm a full-time music student based in Templeogue available to give beginner piano lessons. I've finished Grade 8 in Associated Board piano exams, and am currently studying music in DIT.
    Half hour lessons available-€20.

PM me for further info.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 chilli

Hello,

I'm looking for a guitar teacher that teaches in students house. I wouldn't say I am a beginner but definitely not advanced. I was in a band about six years ago and was self taught. I have forgotten a lot of what I learned and now I want to get back into playing the guitar. I think I need to go back to learning basics and build up to advanced. I'm looking for someone who teaches electric guitar, rock/metal/blues. Any info is really appreciated

thanks

PS Im located in Tallaght, Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xxslashxx

anyone want to give me guitar lessons in the limerick city area??? pleaseeeee????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭mtracey

Anyone in Cork available to teach electric blues guitar to a bloke in his late 30s (hey most of the blues great are old ;) ) ? Ideally

Have an epiphone LP100+ for 10yrs and haven't had the time to learn to play it, well 2008 thats going to change :)

Influences would be most of the Fat Possum crew, RL Burnside, T-Model Ford etc..., John Lee Hooker, Seasick Steve, Rory Gallagher, Leadbelly and on and on the list can go :)

Get in touch if you think you can help.

thanks !
    M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mike o

looking for drum lessons for beginners in galway,if anyone knows where i could get them could they pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Hi,

Classes include

Selecting an instrument
    Resolving problems with action and other parts of the guitar (if any)
    Posture/being comfrotable with a playable guitar
    Tuning the guitar properly
    Sight music, music notation and the rudiments of music theory
    Learning the basics of chord theory/harmony

*Styles include everything from classical, Spanish and Jazz and blues to acousitc fingerstlye transcriptions of popular songs.

*Request for song transcriptions can be made and provided if they fit the the level of player and suit the direction of the class.

Focus of tuition is prviding ther student with a comfortable playable guitar and then bringing him/her through ther various stages of development outlined brieftly below:

-Beginner lessons focus on posture, holding the guitar, sitting comfortably, tuning and finally fingering and plucking!
    Basic major & minior scales
    Grade 1&Grade 2 classical piecies (or eqiuvalent picies in another style) are taught provided/recommened.

-For Medium level players chordal development ie chord fingering/positioning, familarity with key structures/signatures and scales picking techiuniques, arpeggios, cross picking and strumming excercises - medium level piecies provided.

-Advanced players - Focus on performance, advanced techniques i.e tremolo, picado, muted techniques, dynamics and interpretation.

Lessons start end of January.
    Saturday and Sunday mornings from 11 a.m - 2 p.m
    Will travel to location at cost if suitable times can be established.

Fee is 20euro per 40minute lesson.
    Desposit of two lessons in advanced required (after first lesson)
    Cancellations must be charged at rate.
    Paperwork (scale and chord diagrams aswell as transcription segments for study etc) is included.

Please PM me to book me if you need any further information.

Based (at kcr at the top of terenure road west) close to dublin 6 / 6w and 12 areas.

Thanks

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭professorpete

Hey there,

I teach drums in my band's studio in Dublin.

I've been playing and teaching for many years now, worked and taught at the Factory Studios, and at the moment I'm teaching in a music school on the northside, and doing private lessons in the studio near the city centre.

So if you're looking for lessons, give us a pm and we'll get rockin'!!

All styles and levels catered for.

Cheers, Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 alessandra76

Hi, I'm looking for BONGO lessons in Cork.

Alessandra
    aledefab@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RoscoBosco

Very interested please contact be on roscocarroll@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Ross

crosstownk wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for Trumpet lessons, specifically beginners, in the South Dublin area then PM me. You will also be taught written music.

This might sound obvious, but you must have your own trumpet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Brian Andrew

Hi - I am looking for somone to provide piano/keyboard lessons to a complete beginner. Either they can come to my house or I will go to their's.

Thanks

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 williever

Does anyone know of a guitar teacher in the Blanchardstown area ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭zillmere

Hi,

I am looking for info about evening classes / guitar tutors / other beginners in the north Co Dub area. I have been learning bass and guitar on my own but progress it painfully slow.

I had a tutor in the city but I have changed jobs now so I can't continue with him. I was thinking classes or learning with another beginner might help me progress much faster.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

well learning with another beginner is a bad move as you could end up havin TWO sets of bad habits so check the sticky for guitar teachers in your area!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

A few one-to- one lessons with a good teacher would be your best bet IMO. Dont be in too much of a hurry. Be patient and learn one thing at a time, only moving on when you have mastered the previous exercise. Before long you will have progressed a good bit. Everyone learns at their own pace.

Check out www.gumtree.ie and do a search for "bass". It usually throws up a few bass/guitar teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

hi, as the title suggests,im looking for a good drum teacher in the galway area,
    im a complete novice,always something i wanted to learn!
    id listen to most types of music, suppose if i were to go into a music shoppa,id be heading towards the metal section.
    so if ye know of anyone/evening school etc
    cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,813 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Where are ya in Galway?
    I'd be able to collect a few numbers for ya...
    I'm a drummer also...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,813 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Oh wait, i see your thing says College Road. I know there is a guy in Knocknacarra I think, his name is Barry. He usually advertises in the Galway Advertiser...then there is Cormac Dunne in Salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭davmigil

Can anybody recommend me a good classical piano teacher in the Celbridge area or surrounds. Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 barbie349157

Doctor J wrote: »
    OK, despite our keeness to keep the commerical crap out of the forums Feylya and I recognise there is a demand for info on lessons and nobody sane thinks of FS Services for this kind of thing so here is the plan. Use this thread to post requests for lessons and also instructors may post offers of lessons here, not just responses to specific lesson requests. Also, feel free to post feedback about lessons you may have taken from someone offering lessons on this thread.

For those offering lessons, we require that you post the following:

Instrument(s) And Styles
    Experience
    Cost Per Lesson

Any offer of lessons without this information will be deleted.

I would advise against putting up phone numbers or email addresses, I think it would be best for all concerned if contact was made through PM.

If you have any suggestions or comments for the rules on this thread feel free to PM me or Feylya.

Have fun :)

is there anyone who knows where i can get private sax lessons in limerick city please help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Hi,

I'm a guitar teacher living in Dun Laoghaire.

I teach anyone from beginner to advanced in a number of styles and can also incorporate ear training and theory lessons if requested

I have been playing guitar for 14 years. And studied music in Newpark Music Centre for 3 of them and getting an LGSM Honour in Jazz Guitar. If requested I will also help prepare students for the leaving cert Music Practical exams.

I can teach all ages and have a home studio with plenty of amps, pedals etc available for the lesson.

My lessons cost €30 per hour lesson or €120 for a block of 5.

So if you're interested please mail me at fusion251@gmail.com or drop me a PM.

Oh! I can also do bass lessons for beginner/intermediate

Cheers
    Damien

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Bump!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

moved to technique and theory

could a mod ot T + T merge this with the sticky thread or delete, whatever i'm easy :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭kellybelly

Beginners to Advanced level covered, from experienced pianist.

30 mins - €20

1 Hour - €35

All styles and genres catered for.

Lessons can be from your own house if thats more convenient.

PM me if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭drop-dead-legs

looking for rock vocal coaching, learning how to scream, but not in a black metal way, more in an axl rose/eric dover/sebastian bach kind of way

iam located in dublin 9, but will travel if lessons are nearby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rdoherty

Piano/Keyboard Lessons – Lucan

Piano Lessons available in the Lucan area. 5-6 years teaching experience with RIAM qualification. Classical & contemporary styles catered for.

Lesson Duration : ½ hour
    Cost per Lesson : 15 euro

Beginners & Adults welcome.
    Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭emoKILLER

Hi, i think the thread name says it all!
    I want to build up my guitar speed, and the bands vocalist wants to be able to hit higher notes.

any area around the midlands should be ok, we are willing to travel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maggie29

I'm looking for drumkit lessons for my 12 year old. He passed his Trinity Grade 1 exam in The Hague last May and would like to continue studying. We live near Midleton, East Cork but would be happy to travel into Cork City. Does anyone know of a good teacher?
    Hi,
    Just saw your message now, don't know if you found a teacher but Fergal mc carthy is an excellent drumming teacher based in Castlemartyr just outside midleton. His number is 0879148682. If you let him know Maggie gave you the number I am sure he would be happy to help.
    Maggie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maggie29

Hi,
    Just saw your message now, don't know if you found a teacher but Fergal mc carthy is an excellent drumming teacher based in Castlemartyr just outside midleton. His number is 0879148682. If you let him know Maggie gave you the number I am sure he would be happy to help.
    Maggie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement