Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DCU Poker

• 25-08-2008 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Im headin back to second year soon, just wondering what the poker situation is for the year, what night you'll be running the tournament and whether you've any plans for St.Andrews this year.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yeah I'm goin back there to work. Can staff play?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

zuutroy wrote: »
    Yeah I'm goin back there to work. Can staff pwn?!

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Spuca

fountain of info there guys!

Eoin. Stop losin all yer money in vegas for a sec an answer my queries pronto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Does anyone else think it be better on a wednesday at like 2/3pm ??maybe its just me but i feel i would attend alot more..

Also i heard that theres talk of Boylesports puting up a WSOP ticket for a prize of a tourny.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

Spuca wrote: »
    fountain of info there guys!

Eoin. Stop losin all yer money in vegas for a sec an answer my queries pronto.

I can't speak offically cause i'm not on the committee anymore but I would be 97% sure that it will be back to normal i.e. 7pm Monday Night 10yoyo FO.

Now back to losing money.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

nuttlys wrote: »
    I can't speak offically cause i'm not on the committee anymore but I would be 97% sure that it will be back to normal i.e. 7pm Monday Night 10yoyo FO.

Now back to losing money.... :(

let me know here or via pm when this starts and myself and/or carfax will do some IPO promotion for DCU students of some description, and of course the pwning staff! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

I would presume it will be the Monday night usual, however id suggust for the committee to review that since alot of player have other things to do on mondays.(namelessly me)

It seems alot of clubs and socs do things on Monday......

For those big players check out the paddy poker winter festival

And of course the IPO is coming up as well.

Dean M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

heymayo wrote: »
    Does anyone else think it be better on a wednesday at like 2/3pm ??maybe its just me but i feel i would attend alot more..

+1

I would attend more...can't usually play Mondays.

well could someone on the committe please review it. I think alot of people even go out monday nites and have to choose between poker and bear, Personally id never miss poker if it was on wednesday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I always found the place is pretty dead on Wednesday afternoons cause of early lecture finishing times.
    Not sure if people would stay on

• Advertisement

Thats kinda the reason i think it would be great on wednesday, nothing to do, if people stay on monday evenings id say they will on wednesdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

Can't wait to get back to ITB, it got sick last year in the common room with a €100 cash game with the f.a.s lads losing up to €400 each!

You'll find a 10c/20c game all day everyday and a tenner rebuy tourny once a week.

nVid wrote: »
    Can't wait to get back to ITB, it got sick last year in the common room with a €100 cash game with the f.a.s lads losing up to €400 each!

You'll find a 10c/20c game all day everyday and a tenner rebuy tourny once a week.

where does the cash games be?

heymayo wrote: »
    where does the cash games be?

Up in the common room above the canteen, ITB lads are poker addicts, get some of the action before the f.a.s lads quit playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

whats itb

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    whats itb

Institute of Tecnology Blanchardstown, a place where poker degenerates are born. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Spuca

anyone confirm then is it monday night or what. What buy in, what time, what location, Who, what, where, when.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 [DCU] Mark

Yeah It's gonna be Monday nights, start time at 6-6.30pm, €10 buy-in somewhere in the hub. E-mail will probably be sent out next week with the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Tesco TripleChicken

Is this society still active? The website for it is down

Advertisement