Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which Charity?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭janmaree

Good for you, I hope the run is a big success. My charity of choice is always St. Vincent de Paul, they do such a wonderful job and it's all voluntary, in other words every penny goes to those in need of assistance. I do believe in charity beginning at home, despite the sneaky, greedy grasping that it turns out has been going on. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 corklady

These are some charity CEO salaries, as published in various newspapers of late:
    Salary of CEO Charity
    €234,000 Rehab
    €156,340 Enable Ireland
    €146,191 Irish Wheelchair Association
    €145,000 Irish Cancer Society
    €133,605 Trocaire
    €130,000 Cope Foundation
    €130,000 Concern
    €125,326 National Council for the Blind of Ireland
    €125,000 Focus Ireland
    €121,200 Alzheimer Society of Ireland
    €113,315 Barnardos
    €110,099 Amnesty International
    €105,000 St Vincent de Paul
    €101,350 Irish Hospice Foundation
    €98,300 Goal
    €92,000 Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind
    €90,000 Oxfam
    €88,200 Jack and Jill

So even St Vincent de Paul pay their CEO earning €105,000!

If you are looking for an honest and transparent charity, my friend set up and runs this one: (it is a registered charity CHY 19370)
    www.developmentpamoja.org

They promise that 100% of all money that is donated goes directly to Kenya.
    All work in Ireland is done on a voluntary basis and 4 people are employed in Kenya. They run projects directly and don't use intermediary organisations as many other charities do, so all costs are under their control and thus you know exactly how your money is being spent. You can read all about salaries and expenses here
    http://www.developmentpamoja.org/accountability.html

They are not on the list you gave above, but did you know that JustGiving also take 5% of all donations for themselves? Maybe you could keep them in mind anyway. They really do great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dan1

The Parkinsons association of Ireland one of the charities that receives no goverment funding and relies on public donations

Advertisement