Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Year UCC Students 2012-2013

1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

I changed subbjects since registration. Filled out the forms etc. How do i access the modules on blackboard does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭CZ 453

keelanj69 wrote: »
    I changed subbjects since registration. Filled out the forms etc. How do i access the modules on blackboard does anyone know?

They should have changed on blackboard by now.Ring the registration office. http://www.ucc.ie/en/records-exams/ The modules should be listed automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Poodle Zombie

Why do all of my modules on blackboard say unavailable? Thought stuff would be up on it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dewey collins

I think blackboard will be fixed tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Things have become quiet round these parts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Luno wrote: »
    Things have become quiet round these parts

They have! When are all yer assignments? :) I've three in the space of a week to do!

Ive missed the last two weeks because of going to hospital. Needless to say i fubar'd for assignments due next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Ive missed the last two weeks because of going to hospital. Needless to say i fubar'd for assignments due next week.

If yer tutors and lecturers know that then it won't be as bad :) Try reading e-journals and e-books if there's any on the subject, at least you don't feel helpless then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Get in touch with your Peer Support leader about it if you're worried, they're able to direct you with this. You probably have an email from them in your account already.

Back in hospital for another two weeks. Lets call a spade a spade. I am ****ed o_O Disability Service said I may be able to repeat..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Back in hospital for another two weeks. Lets call a spade a spade. I am ****ed o_O Disability Service said I may be able to repeat..

Maybe get in contact with the Student Union, they might be able to do something for you?

Nicole. wrote: »

Maybe get in contact with the Student Union, they might be able to do something for you?

I got on to them. Said thed be able to put me in contact with grinds. Not a giant help :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Any other first years terrified for study month, or is it just me? I'm in Law and have done nothing all year. Now I'm worried that I'm not gonna get everything done in the 5 weeks I have free before my exams. Plus, it seems like my year is competitive and that they are in the library constantly :/ I really do not want to have to repeat any exams in the summer!

Any other first years terrified for study month, or is it just me? I'm in Law and have done nothing all year. Now I'm worried that I'm not gonna get everything done in the 5 weeks I have free before my exams. Plus, it seems like my year is competitive and that they are in the library constantly :/ I really do not want to have to repeat any exams in the summer!

43 days....48 hours of lectures in each subject. 240 hours total lecture time...430 hours study...you'll be grand :) I take it you went to all or most of the tutorials.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

shezer wrote: »
    43 days....48 hours of lectures in each subject. 240 hours total lecture time...430 hours study...you'll be grand :) I take it you went to all or most of the tutorials.

Yeah I went to most of them! Although not many of my contract tutorials as I found them really unhelpful :rolleyes: Still my attendance has been fairly consistent for tutorials and lectures this year. I can't handle all the reading though. I don't know how anyone manages the workload!

The tutorials are the main thing(A lot of exam material in them I'd say).Should probably get the Constitutional assignment back this week and then it's full steam ahead.Don't listen to anyone else ramble on about how much they are doing. I asked someone in the class when we were getting the assignments back a few weeks ago and I was told it would be at least another two weeks because of the late submission deadline.I was like surely there are not many handing them in late.The person I asked said there was a load of people handing them in past the deadline.People were obviously going around telling others that........A load of BULL.It's sad really.When you look at the breakdown of results from contract you will see that.

shezer wrote: »
    The tutorials are the main thing(A lot of exam material in them I'd say).Should probably get the Constitutional assignment back this week and then it's full steam ahead.Don't listen to anyone else ramble on about how much they are doing. I asked someone in the class when we were getting the assignments back a few weeks ago and I was told it would be at least another two weeks because of the late submission deadline.I was like surely there are not many handing them in late.The person I asked said there was a load of people handing them in past the deadline.People were obviously going around telling others that........A load of BULL.It's sad really.When you look at the breakdown of results from contract you will see that.

Jesus.I got that wrong.There actually were a lot of late submissions :eek:

I got on to them. Said thed be able to put me in contact with grinds. Not a giant help :-(

Right first things first - proof. Medical cert's are necessary if you miss ANYTHING mandatory and I haven't heard of anyone being refused an extension on their assignments once they have their medical cert. Go to the lecturer and talk to them about assignments and getting due dates for yourself moved back.

Regarding the exams in Summer, more than likely there is nothing anyone can do for you in this case. From the Universities point of view, you have been in college for the year excluding the last few weeks so you should have the work done, if you don't, then you didn't apply your time well in college and your results will reflect that.

I don't know what course your in but start working as soon as you can to get the work done! If you have any sections that confuse your or you're not 100% sure of, visit/email lecturers and/or tutors and ask them for advice/guidance. Again, most of them will be happy to help you!

As a matter of interest, what course are you in? If arts, what modules/lecturers?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

magicianz - that post you replied to is five months old!

Haha so it is! I was scrolling back and didn't notice the big jump in dates :L I can't even concentrate while procrastinating....what hope is there left!? D: Apologies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

magicianz wrote: »
    Haha so it is! I was scrolling back and didn't notice the big jump in dates :L I can't even concentrate while procrastinating....what hope is there left!? D: Apologies :)

There's no hassle :D

Procrastination - shouldn't ye lot be studying or something :) Must call up to the college for a wander!

I should be studying, yet I find myself on facebook, boards and youtube.....I blame all this sun! Its probably quiet as always for the first while of the month, once it warms up more the garden will be full again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jgjm

is an leann duchais hard?
    its through irish ..
    im not fluent
    is it easy????
    i will be studying irish anyways

Advertisement