Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S & Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

The code has expired but there's a 10% discount on the 8.4 S model.

Probably on some other models too.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

grahamor wrote: »
    The code has expired but there's a 10% discount on the 8.4 S model.

Probably on some other models too.

Yeah, funny how the white Tab S came back into stock this morning... Mind you, I was sure it was 359 sterling this morning, though it's 399 again now.

Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭droidman123

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/#/product/13866

They also have the 8.4 for €299.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

^^^^^^^^^^^ import duties?

With regards to the customer service, I wasn't entirely satisfied with being fobbed off this morning so I rang back. I was told that my order failed a security check (Parcel motel?) but couldn't be told a specific reason. In effect, my current order was cancelled and I would eventually be refunded. I was told to reorder and try a different payment method but had to keep explaining the 20% off code would have been expired. He said a request has gone up to get a new voucher but it wasn't guaranteed I'd get the discount. I said this wasn't good enough and wanted to speak to his manager. He ran off and when he eventually returned he said no... they're all busy. But he did seem more sympathetic this time and had evidentially run upstairs to try to ask someone what was wrong with the order. He said his superior couldn't really see what was wrong either and asked to verify my delivery address and asked all about parcel motel. He seemed earnest that he would call back although I'm doubtful. I'll post a follow-up later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Order was just cancelled and refunded by Samsung with no explanation, despite an ongoing chat with customer care about why my order hasn't shipped yet. Paid with PayPal. Shocking service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Order was just cancelled and refunded by Samsung with no explanation, despite an ongoing chat with customer care about why my order hasn't shipped yet. Paid with PayPal. Shocking service.

Exactly the same for me! Cancelled and refunded for no reason. Is there a number we can call?

ripcord wrote: »
    Exactly the same for me! Cancelled and refunded for no reason. Is there a number we can call?

There is a UK number but honestly its easier to message Samsung UK on Facebook. I have a full chat saved from them outlining that it was my bank causing the issues when clearly it was not, as my bank allowed both orders to be debited from my account without issue. I rang my bank to confirm this.

Very annoyed at Samsung for this. Hopefully, since I have proof that my payment was not the issue, I can get the discount again from them, for either their site or possibly Amazon UK.

There is a UK number but honestly its easier to message Samsung UK on Facebook. I have a full chat saved from them outlining that it was my bank causing the issues when clearly it was not, as my bank allowed both orders to be debited from my account without issue. I rang my bank to confirm this.

Very annoyed at Samsung for this, hopefully, since I have proof that my payment was not the issue, i can get a discount from them, for either their site or possibly Amazon.

Just finished talking to Samsung. They said the payment was rejected by my bank and there is not much they can do about it.

How do I get proof that payment was allowed from my bank?

Just finished talking to Samsung. They said the payment was rejected by my bank and there is not much they can do about it.

How do I get proof that payment was allowed from my bank?

That excuse is complete BS. They fobbed me off saying the exact same thing to me, I rang my bank and checked my online banking too, the amount was successfully debited from my account (not just on hold/pending, but actually fully debited from my account)

I placed a second order after they cancelled my first order due to 'payment issues' which were never even there in the first place. And now they've gone and cancelled that one too, with no explanation.

Get a screenshot from your online banking showing the amount debited and get on to them straight away on Facebook.

I am doing so right now.

That excuse is complete BS. They fobbed me off saying the exact same thing to me, I rang my bank and checked my online banking too, the amount was successfully debited from my account (not just on hold/pending, but actually fully debited from my account)

I placed a second order after they cancelled my first order due to 'payment issues' which were never even there in the first place. And now they've gone and cancelled that one too, with no explanation.

Get a screenshot from your online banking showing the amount debited and get on to them straight away on Facebook.

I am doing so right now.

What facebook page are you using? Are you messaging them directly or posting on their timeline? Thanks.

• Advertisement

What facebook page are you using? Are you messaging them directly or posting on their timeline? Thanks.

Samsung UK: https://www.facebook.com/SamsungUK?fref=ts

Message them directly, and keep on at them if they ignore you or fob you off saying 'we'll get back to you' - they've done it to me for the last two days.

What they've done is completely unacceptable, we paid in full for our orders and the address provided is sticking to their 'UK & NI addresses only' terms.

They should really offer us the discount again or else reimburse us the discount amount and let us buy from Amazon UK instead, if they can't be bothered fulfilling paying customers orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Seems there is an issue with my order AGAIN.

Order was on 'preparing for despatch' last night, now its gone back to 'order processed'.

My order done on the 25th has just been refunded by Samsung to my Paypal account. They had emailed me yesterday with a delayed delivery but no date.

Pity as I was looking forward to getting my hands on this piece of kit,

Samsung UK: https://www.facebook.com/SamsungUK?fref=ts

Message them directly, and keep on at them if they ignore you or fob you off saying 'we'll get back to you' - they've done it to me for the last two days.

What they've done is completely unacceptable, we paid in full for our orders and the address provided is sticking to their 'UK & NI addresses only' terms.

They should really offer us the discount again or else reimburse us the discount amount and let us buy from Amazon UK instead, if they can't be bothered fulfilling paying customers orders.

I just ordered yesterday - so no notification on online banking about the payment. However I just had a conversation with a very nice man from my bank and he confirmed the payment was accepted. No problem their end. Also my paypal online transaction history shows the credit card-to-paypal transaction was completed fine.

Something dodgy here. I won't let this go until I get that tablet for that price.

I just ordered yesterday - so no notification on online banking about the payment. However I just had a conversation with a very nice man from my bank and he confirmed the payment was accepted. No problem their end. Also my paypal online transaction history shows the credit card-to-paypal transaction was completed fine.

Something dodgy here. I won't let this go until I get that tablet for that price.

Same as me then. PayPal & bank confirmed payment went through perfectly.

I will not be letting this go either. Keep the thread updated with any updates from Samsung.

a Samsung agent rang me just now after I requested a phone call through Facebook message.

She told me they were looking into the issue, and that the financial team told her to tell me that it was a payment issue and billing address mismatch that was causing the issues. This is obviously incorrect, due to the amount being debited and my order saying 'processing dispatch' before being cancelled.

I told her all this, and she told me she will call back tomorrow with an update after she has spoken to her manager and financial team again. She said she is hoping to get a positive resolution and get me my order.

She gave me some contact details:

estore@samsung.com

Fingers crossed!

Same as me then. PayPal & bank confirmed payment went through perfectly.

I will not be letting this go either. Keep the thread updated with any updates from Samsung.

Just finished talking to phone support again.

Apparently, Samsung noticed a lot were being ordered to the Parcel Motel address, so they flagged the address as conspicuous and cancelled any orders going there (making the payment excuse bullsh!t). The guy was very apologetic and there's not much more he can do. He knew it was a forwarding address for delivery to Ireland. He said they have escalated the issue to see if the address will stopped being flagged as dodgy.

What to do? He said to send an email to complaints at uk.help@Samsung.com. Put the order number in the subject. Explain the situation and maybe they can come to some arrangement. He couldn't offer me anything and wasn't even sure if Samsung would offer anything. He realised I had missed the discount, and said to mention this in the email.

It's still a fault on their side. So I'm not giving up. Time to write up a big email.

a Samsung agent rang me just now after I requested a phone call through Facebook message.

She told me they were looking into the issue, and that the financial team told her to tell me that it was a payment issue and billing address mismatch that was causing the issues. This is obviously incorrect, due to the amount being debited and my order saying 'processing dispatch' before being cancelled.

I told her all this, and she told me she will call back tomorrow with an update after she has spoken to her manager and financial team again. She said she is hoping to get a positive resolution and get me my order.

She gave me some contact details:

estore@samsung.com

Fingers crossed!

Actually I was talking to phone support - not online like I said above. That is the number I was using. Apparently a few people in the same boat. I will wait to see what they advise you before I write a big wordy email.

Actually I was talking to phone support - not online like I said above. That is the number I was using. Apparently a few people in the same boat. I will wait to see what they advise you before I write a big wordy email.

I will let you know as soon as I get a reply back. She was very apologetic in fairness so hoping for a good resolution.

Thanks for sharing the updates on your orders. Of course, I was never phoned back. I ordered on the 29th so assume my cancellation and refund are just a day or two behind yours. I'll try them again tomorrow and see if I can talk to a manger or someone up the chain. Clearly the peons who answer are just 1st line support who only see a general security/bank flag. They don't have any details and can't help us.

Has anyone managed to speak to a 2nd or 3rd line support person or a manager? If so what was their name/email/direct line?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sounds like they may have ran out of stock?

• Advertisement

Sounds like they may have ran out of stock?

Nope. The 8.4 tablets were always in stock, and this was confirmed by Samsung customer care too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Is this deal still on? Couldn’t purchase a 10.5 one...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dziabong

Hello , got a white 10.5 galaxy tab S for sale if anyone interested , brand new eu model.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Dziabong wrote: »
    Hello , got a white 10.5 galaxy tab S for sale if anyone interested , brand new eu model.

You're best off to deal with that in Pm, you will be breaching rules.

Here's the latest: Called and asked immediately to speak with a manager. I was put on with Dianne, a Sr. Advisor. She was very familiar with the situation and knew that the flag had nothing to do with bank/paypal but the delivery address to Parcel Motel. She said they are working on the problem and that the issue is being looked at by their logistics team. It could be a week or more before anything is decided and implemented on their end. In the meantime she assured me my current order would be cancelled. There was no possibility of changing the address once the order is in the system. Even if they do eventually allow deliveries to Parcel Motel in the future, this won't help anyone who is missing out on the discount.

So again I explained my biggest concern was the 20% discount. She said this was something she could do something about. She would talk to the sales team and see if they would generate a personal discount code. I told her if she could get me a new code I'd have it delivered to an alternate UK address (a friend). I asked about the turnaround time on the new code and she seemed to indicate it would be today or tomorrow and she would ring me. We left it that if I didn't hear from her I would ring her Monday for an update on the new code.

Here's the latest: Called and asked immediately to speak with a manager. I was put on with Dianne, a Sr. Advisor. She was very familiar with the situation and knew that the flag had nothing to do with bank/paypal but the delivery address to Parcel Motel. She said they are working on the problem and that the issue is being looked at by their logistics team. It could be a week or more before anything is decided and implemented on their end. In the meantime she assured me my current order would be cancelled. There was no possibility of changing the address once the order is in the system. Even if they do eventually allow deliveries to Parcel Motel in the future, this won't help anyone who is missing out on the discount.

So again I explained my biggest concern was the 20% discount. She said this was something she could do something about. She would talk to the sales team and see if they would generate a personal discount code. I told her if she could get me a new code I'd have it delivered to an alternate UK address (a friend). I asked about the turnaround time on the new code and she seemed to indicate it would be today or tomorrow and she would ring me. We left it that if I didn't hear from her I would ring her Monday for an update on the new code.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the facebook page (they should message me today). I would be happy with a new discount code, but is there another Parcel Motel - type service I could use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

So again I explained my biggest concern was the 20% discount. She said this was something she could do something about. She would talk to the sales team and see if they would generate a personal discount code.

That'd be class! Especially as they've already discounted their prices by 10% since the Sky deal finished so your new discount will probably come on top of that! As the 10% is just the advertised price now, it's not a coupon that you can't combine. I hope you get that! Would be worth all the calls :)

My update:

They called me back today, explained that the address had been marked as fraudulent on their system. They said that there have been a few cases of fraud at that shipping address.

He promised me my 20% discount no matter what happens so I am happy there, however he has not guaranteed that they will allow ParcelMotel to be used in the future.

are there any other services like PM to use?

I got a call back from Dianne which I thought would be regarding my new voucher. However, to my surprise she said the logistics team contacted her and that they might allow the shipment after all. She said they would not cancel my order and to wait to be contacted by them. She took my mobile number and said to expect a call from the Logistics Team in the next 2 business days to answer some security questions (she had no idea what they'd ask). At that point hopefully they will process the order.

So we left it with the possibility that all will eventually work out and if not to call her back next week. Fingers crossed, will continue to post updates and see this through.

• Advertisement

I got a call back from Dianne which I thought would be regarding my new voucher. However, to my surprise she said the logistics team contacted her and that they might allow the shipment after all. She said they would not cancel my order and to wait to be contacted by them. She took my mobile number and said to expect a call from the Logistics Team in the next 2 business days to answer some security questions (she had no idea what they'd ask). At that point hopefully they will process the order.

So we left it with the possibility that all will eventually work out and if not to call her back next week. Fingers crossed, will continue to post updates and see this through.

Hi - what was the number you called? I'm waiting to hear back from them but if I don't hear anything I might call them and ask to speak to this Dianne. Thanks!

Advertisement