Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Final Fantasy X HD

• 14-09-2011 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭

Final Fantasy X coming to the PS3 and the Vita as an HD remake. The remake of the PS2 RPG was announced at Sony's Tokyo Game Show press conference.

This game was created to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Franchise on PlayStation systems. All we know now is that it will be in HD on the PS3. He says that it's still in production, so there's nothing to show at this time.

Hashimoto notes that the innards of the Vita are close to that of the PS3, and that we should expect "beautiful, elegant" grpahics.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm ok with this. Really enjoyed X, and woudnt mind another playthrough.

Only a matter of time before VII is remade too i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm ok with this. Really enjoyed X, and woudnt mind another playthrough.

Not really the same thing, sony put out tools for doing remakes of ps2 games. It would be fully new game if 7 was made.

A platinum trophy for it would look nice next to 13, but with dodging lighting not sure I'd bother trying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,154 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That is simply epic news - that is the last FF I truly loved.

It has the best battle system in any FF I have ever played..

Overkill, weapon specific baddies, switiching characters in and out of battle....BLITZABALL!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Handheld FFX just sold me the VITA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ooohh, very nice. And if they sort out the lip-synching problem with the English language version then it'll be perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

Yesssssssssssssssssss.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not going to happen. With this release Square will just release the same game and up the resolution. For FFVII character models, textures and most of all the backgrounds would all have to be redrawn or it will look terrible. Thats far more effort than this port.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not going to happen. With this release Square will just release the same game and up the resolution. For FFVII character models, textures and most of all the backgrounds would all have to be redrawn or it will look terrible. Thats far more effort than this port.

Ah c'mon now, we all know square-enix has been taking in unpaid interns to start updating FFVII for the next time they end up broke.

I imagine its kinda like a sweatshop where they keep throwing out more and more FFVII related crap so they can trot it out "for the fans, def not for the money"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

FFX is a HD re-release.

FFVII remake would involve rebuilding the game almost from the ground up. For the amount of effort it would require, they could easily just make the next Final Fantasy instead.

Really excited about this as I lost my copy of the game years ago and haven't been able to play it. After this I want a HD re-release of Kingdom Hearts Collection!

Varik wrote: »

A platinum trophy for it would look nice next to 13, but with dodging lighting not sure I'd bother trying for it.

You have ruined this annoucement for me with that reminder of what an absolute pain in the ass it was to get Lulu's Ultimate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I just had flashbacks to the 20+ hours I put into Blitzball.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

noodler wrote: »
    You have ruined this annoucement for me with that reminder of what an absolute pain in the ass it was to get Lulu's Ultimate.

Who knows it may not be needed.

I skipped hers and someone else, but can't remember who.

IX is still the best but X is a close second.

If both games (ps3 & vita) don't have to be bought separately it would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

I want a PSVita (despite having sold my PSP recently due to not using it much, recently buying a 3DS and not really having a lot of disposable cash. BUT I WANT) now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

the dilemma is will we get the european dark aoen version or the earlier international (us) version XD

seraphimvc wrote: »
    the dilemma is will we get the european dark aoen version or the earlier international (us) version XD

Have to say that I never had a problem with the Dark Aeons ruining side quests like other posters.

"THEY CALL IT SIN"

The only one that caused a problem was the Valefor (iirc), which stopped you getting back into Besaid unless you beat him. He wasn't too hard though. I did only kill 3 of them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I personally don't care which version it is. I thought the Dark Aeon bosses were kind of dumb. I'm not sure what insane amount of grinding was required to beat them legit because I just Yamato-d every single last one of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah I found the Dark Aeons a total pain. I wasn't prepared to do the silly amount of levelling to beat them so was annoyed that they blocked the sidequests.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah I found the Dark Aeons a total pain. I wasn't prepared to do the silly amount of levelling to beat them so was annoyed that they blocked the sidequests.

You mean getting back to Besaid?

I really don't remember many side-quests you couldn't access at the time due to this.

GP check out my guide (thats right I know you still have it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

meh any that got in my way just died at the hands of Yojimbo ;D

• Advertisement

You mean getting back to Besaid?

I really don't remember many side-quests you couldn't access at the time due to this.

GP check out my guide (thats right I know you still have it)
    You needed to go back to get a Jecht Sphere thing, which you needed to get limit breaks for Auron.

I think Bahamut blocked one in Zanarkand as well.

Mindkiller wrote: »
    You needed to go back to get a Jecht Sphere thing, which you needed to get limit breaks for Auron.

I think Bahamut blocked one in Zanarkand as well.

I was sure I had everyones ultimate weapons and limits by the time I took on the DAs..

Was 9 years though I guess.

There were certain items that you could get earlier in the game, that if you missed you needed to go back for. Sometimes the Dark Aeons were in the way.

There were certain items that you could get earlier in the game, that if you missed you needed to go back for. Sometimes the Dark Aeons were in the way.

Heh, yes yes 15 posts in I get what people are complaining about!

I just don't remember!

EDIT:

Quick google reminds me that a fair few of them could be killed easily enough with two or three whacks of Wakka and Tidus' ultimate limits.

Really looking forward to this now! Zanarkand is an amazing setting.

Zanarkand was brilliant. Also had one of the best piano pieces in any of the games.

Heh, yes yes 15 posts in I get what people are complaining about!

I just don't remember!

EDIT:

Quick google reminds me that a fair few of them could be killed easily enough with two or three whacks of Wakka and Tidus' ultimate limits.
    In fairness, even with maxed out defense these guys could wreck your **** in 1 or 2 attacks. I think you needed to have about 40000-50000 HP to be in with a decent shot. Only one I beat 'legit' was Valefor

Yojimbo was particularly annoying considering you had to fight three of the feckers in a row without saving and all of them could use that instant death attack.

Mindkiller wrote: »
    In fairness, even with maxed out defense these guys could wreck your **** in 1 or 2 attacks. I think you needed to have about 40000-50000 HP to be in with a decent shot. Only one I beat 'legit' was Valefor

Yojimbo was particularly annoying considering you had to fight three of the feckers in a row without saving and all of them could use that instant death attack.

Ah a time when summons were useful/essential.

I remember getting it Valefor. First attack he did was 9999 to my whole party and he got the first turn. Think the highest HP I had was in the 4000. **** that.

I think X was one of the few games that i've ever really enjoyed the grinding. Although i do remember using a cheap way of levelling, where damage taken would turn into exp. Some enemy only did one 9999 hit, so i remember just letting him hit me over and over again, giving me insane exp.

Cheap, but effective.

• Advertisement

I think X was one of the few games that i've ever really enjoyed the grinding. Although i do remember using a cheap way of levelling, where damage taken would turn into exp. Some enemy only did one 9999 hit, so i remember just letting him hit me over and over again, giving me insane exp.

Cheap, but effective.

Yeah grinding wasn't so bad at all since you could choose the monsters you wanted fight in the arena.

Advertisement