Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CdWow New Loyalty Programme

• 08-06-2009 6:48pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Translates: For every €100, you get €10 back
    As a customer of CD WOW! we want to reward you for repeat purchases, so to say thank you for your continued support we are going to give you a FREE item from our store!

So, how does Club WOW! work? Well, all you have to do is shop… it’s that simple. You purchase 10 items then we will send you a gift voucher for your 11th purchase. Once you have made your 10 purchases we will average out the value of your transactions and issue you a CD WOW! voucher for this amount. Then you can redeem it on any item in the store.

There is no sign up fee, no complicated reward structure, no hidden surprises. You shop and we’ll reward you!

The value of the 11th item will be calculated by totalling the sum of your 10 purchases then dividing the amount by 10.

Your voucher will be issued within 2 working days of your 10th purchase and will be valid for 4 weeks from date of issue.

If the order exceeds the amount of the voucher, the balance must be paid via available payment options.

This Gift Voucher can only be redeemed at a CDWOW! site that supports the currency stated on the voucher. For example, a voucher issued in GBP sterling is not redeemable on purchases made in Euros.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh, we do love CDWOW here on Bargain Alerts! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They really have gone downhill. Id say i only bought one thing off them so far this year, and that was because i had a €4 voucher. Everywhere else seems to be cheaper now.....this gimmick wont save them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭Soarer

Twould be more beneficial to them to reduce all their prices by 10%, instead of having this stupid scheme.

Oh yeah, and honour all orders!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Every day they seem to have a €2 off sale. They get so excited they just have to send me an email telling me how awesome it's going to be. It has annoyed me to the point that I now wish to join a disloyalty scheme, so please let me know if they ever start one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

10 purchases? So in reality that would probably be 50 attempted purchases with 40 abrupt cancellations

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ShaneU wrote: »
    10 purchases? So in reality that would probably be 50 attempted purchases with 40 abrupt cancellations

Maybe ive been lucky, but never had an order cancelled that i remember

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Only ever ordered one thing from them, ordered something from play.com at the same time, took about 4 days for the dvd to come from play and about 3 weeks for it to come from cdwow. It had a Hong Kong stamp on it, they always say their stuff is in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i haven't purchased from cdwow in about 6 months - after a number of repeatedly delayed orders on new releases. It seemed to me that they were trying to have a buy to order scheme - take your order & money and then try and source the cd from the cheapest possible supplier, and if that meant waiting for the price of a new release to fall then so be it. As I said to them at the time, there are plenty other online and retail shops that are as (if not more) competitive and offer a far better service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

basquille wrote: »
    Oh, we do love CDWOW here on Bargain Alerts! ;)

What basquille said...

Clearly they are struggling to find or at least hold onto customers, which isn't surprising considering the circa 90% dissatisfaction rating.

Just for pig iron I have checked a random list of products (from CD's, DVD's, Blurays, Console Games & PC Games) including new releases, pre-releases and 'bargain basement'

CD-WOW €231.90 (possibly €219.90 due to ambiguous pricing) which will give you a voucher for €21.99 to use on stuff you can usually get cheaper elsewhere.

Various competitors total come to €182.89 which leaves a difference of €37.01, so you can get €15 more value by shopping around; and probably get the stuff quicker.

I have included play.com who are not renowned for their euro pricing and can provide a comparison list for anyone who cares. Obviously there will be items cheaper on CD-WOW than on competitor websites but as far as I'm concerned CD-WOW can stick their loyalty scheme up their incompetent swissrolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stevej

how do bangcd compare? they seem cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

bangcd are not a quick as some, but not too bad considering they're based in the Far East.

Generally 2-3 weeks delivery. Worth the wait with €2 saving per CD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stevej

thanks - the €2's sure do add up

Advertisement