Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lightening the colour of my beard?

Options
  • 17-04-2007 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, my beard is darker than my hair. Is it possible to just get some dye like Just For Men and lighten it, or would I have to bleach it first or something like that? I've never done this before so, any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/color_beard_moustache.htm
    You might find a few answers on that link! But be careful bleaching near your face,you could get a severe reaction.Just for men would do the job also.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

In my opinion, you'd get better results darkening your hair rather than lightening your beard! You don't want to put any sort of peroxide near your face at all!

Better still, shave it off! :)

Glowing wrote:
    Better still, shave it off! :)

How DARE you! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

What colour is your beard and what colour would you like it to be?
    It might be easier to darken your hair by a shade or two. Try Just for men , there might be some useful info!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You big girl Karl!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You could probably get it done in a hair salon, or barbers. Don't go putting any stuff on your face without consulting a professional first!

Hmm, I don't particularly want to darken my hair, and reading up on that Just For Men stuff, there's a lot of blurb about it "Only targetting the grey hairs" so that could be a waste of money.

Oh well, no matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any beard I've seen which has been tampered with the use of dyes etc generally comes out looking very strange. I saw an eldery man recently in town who had done just that. Looked as if he was wearing something which he bought in a joke shop.

It might be better to leave it the way it is. I have a few flecks of red in my own . Annoys me to no end. Beginning to learn to live with it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I may be mistaken, but I'm nearly sure that I seen beard and moustache colouring kits in Boots at some stage, or try Terrisales on abbey st. There has to be some sort of specially designed product out there somewhere!

• Advertisement
Advertisement