Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Max Payne 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

James__10 wrote: »
    Is there free roam in this?

No, linear levels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Played the first few levels in SP and then played some Multiplayer last night. Really enjoyed both modes. It's interesting to have a game with no Health Regen in the SP again. Gonna have to get used to that. I'm playing on normal and it's definitely a tricky game.

MP has some real epic moments. Jumping off a catwalk in Slomo over your enemies and getting the kills is insanely satisfying. It's great looking at people diving around but it's rock hard online as well. I've consistently been getting about 8-10 kills but with double that in deaths. Have yet to find the weapons I really like to use but it's the SMG's that are working for me at the moment. Just makes me useless at long range.

All in all seems to be a great game. Hope that the MP has legs and I can defo see myself playing through the SP game a few times although the unskippable cut scenes may prove annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Anyone else having issues with sound in the game? Last night the cut scene for chapter 4 started and when the 3 new jersey lads came in their voices couldn't be heard . I turned off the ps and started it again and it played fine . I tried to start the chapter again this evening and having exactly the same problem

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I just started playing there a few hours ago, have played through the first 3 chapters.

So far... I dunno... it's really not grabbing me like MP2. Maybe I'm looking back on MP2 with rose tinted glasses, but I don't remember it being this frantic. Part of what I loved was the slower paced bits, like where you could wander around the police station, or Max's apartment block as you wished. So far, it just feels like they're trying to ferry me along to the next big gun-fight. Maybe it'll get better as I play, but I really didn't want a game that feels kinda like an on rails shooter...

It's not all negative though, soundtrack, voice acting, visuals are all excellent. I don't understand why some people were complaining about the cutscenes, they blend seamlessly into the action, which is a lot more than can be said for other games these days. And I'm loving the flashy effects and writing popping up, really gives the impression that Max is falling apart.

I'm not giving up on this yet, but I'll be really disappointed if the entire game is just shoot some guys, watch a cutscene, walk down the hall, shoot some more guys, repeat. I know that's a lot of what the Remedy Max Payne games were, but I can't help feel there's been a real lack of depth to the gameplay so far.

Wow... really didn't think I'd be the most negative poster about the game. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

im finding mp fairly hard, like djkeogh trying to find the right weapon. What losdout are ye using? Ill need to get a helmet and vest as I find im pounding bullets into guys but they are one shotting me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Omg! I didn't know we can unlock gold guns by collecting the gold set on story mode. I'm already level 11 and I just only found out that you can put attachments on guns and that BURSTS thingy is actually a killstreak :O -_- Now, get back on pawning! :D

I've tried the m-30, ak 47, pistol & mac 10 combo but i'm so inconsistent with all of them. Some matches, I place in top 3, the next i'm bottom 3. I'm almost at level 6 so will grab the bullet time. Does take a long time to level up I must admit.

Oh, when you first load up max payne 3, go to the Playstation Store (or xbl) link at the bottom of the main menu list. Go to game add on's and there is a free Guerilla mask dlc waiting for you. The mask gives a bonus to melee from behind. Also new looting perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 th3 lunatik

i love the old school feel of the game with the need to find pills for health, im playing on normal and having to play part over and over but i love the challenge ! mp is awesome its got a learning curve but thats not a bad thing , thank you rockstar

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

scwazrh wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with sound in the game? Last night the cut scene for chapter 4 started and when the 3 new jersey lads came in their voices couldn't be heard . I turned off the ps and started it again and it played fine . I tried to start the chapter again this evening and having exactly the same problem

I had an issue on Friday, played singke player, small bit of mp and on the Branco house map I got an audio glitch where an ak47 was continiously firing, non stop. The sound carried over to the same map in the sp game, had to quit out of the game and reload to stop it.

Mp is great fun, but alas lag is ruining it for me. Think I'll be doing a bit of provider shopping tomorrow...

@sheehy: i'm having simular problems with one shotting in mp too, putting 8/10 rounds from the mini 50 into their chests and I due from 4 m1911 shots to the arms... i'm putting it down to lag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I think the semi automatic is just more powerful than the uzi. Cos its only 4 bullets from the semi to kill a guy, and it seems to take a lot more from the uzi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Has anyone else noticed some characters modeled after TV show characters? One of the New Jersey gangsters looked very much like Pauly D from Jersey Shore (fun shooting at him!) and in the office building, the scared computer guy looked a lot like Moss from The IT Crowd. Maybe there's more, that's as far as I've gotten so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed some characters modeled after TV show characters? One of the New Jersey gangsters looked very much like Pauly D from Jersey Shore (fun shooting at him!) and in the office building, the scared computer guy looked a lot like Moss from The IT Crowd. Maybe there's more, that's as far as I've gotten so far.

Haha... :pac: Yeah, I lol'd so hard when I saw that Pauly D look a like.

Had an epic online game this morning! Went back to rookie deathmatch and was more my speed as everyone was either level 5 or level 6 which was fine for my level 5 guy. In the last minute, we are constantly loosing by one kill and in the last few seconds I was shooting this guy, half his health went before disappearing behind a wall. Thought it was all over before he shoot dodges out from the wall to hit me but I will him in the air and the match ended before he hit the ground. Waiting for the score board and my guy appears as top player shouting 'F*CKING EH! with the Boards badge on his chest. Was unreal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

ugh cant even play multiplayer because of eircom! stupid internet keeps cutting out like every 15 mins, really need to get onto upc cause this is a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

can i get an invite to the boards crew? gt: calex deus

calex71 wrote: »
    can i get an invite to the boards crew? gt: calex deus

Can't find you on the rockstar website. Head to the link below and request an invite through there

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

psugrue wrote: »
    ugh cant even play multiplayer because of eircom! stupid internet keeps cutting out like every 15 mins, really need to get onto upc cause this is a joke!
    That's the router, had that problem when I initially got Eircom. Try a different non-eircom router and you shoukd be fine.

I traded it in today, Wimax taking all the fun out of mp for me so said I'd trade it while its worth something. Pity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can't find you on the rockstar website. Head to the link below and request an invite through there

My bad, my name there was the same as my GT but without a space, request sent.

That's the router, had that problem when I initially got Eircom. Try a different non-eircom router and you shoukd be fine.

I traded it in today, Wimax taking all the fun out of mp for me so said I'd trade it while its worth something. Pity...

yeah it sucks, ima play some skyrim to tide me over and hopefully can pick up the multiplayer in a few days cause it looks a lot of fun

Sent u an invite there calex, sound.

Ah thats crap lads, ive had zero lag with upc, smoothest mp ive played in years.

Im still on chapter 5, better make a move on but mp keeps dragging me back

• Advertisement

Ah thats crap lads, ive had zero lag with upc, smoothest mp ive played in years.

get on that story son!!! it really picks up after he shaves his head, he becomes such a badass!

psugrue wrote: »

get on that story son!!! it really picks up after he shaves his head, he becomes such a badass!

Haha just put it on to play som online but your comment changed my mind!

Wow, forgot how good the SP is. What a way to finish Part 1. Have to say Rockstar are after doing a fantastic job of putting together such a great and complete game.

Th blurriness used to annoy as I did actually feel drunk but getting used to it, plus it's how max is actually feeling so you can relate more. Giving up on getting every clue and golden gun part though, it's taking a lot away from the flow of the game. I'll get them in my next playthrough.

Wow, forgot how good the SP is. What a way to finish Part 1. Have to say Rockstar are after doing a fantastic job of putting together such a great and complete game.

Th blurriness used to annoy as I did actually feel drunk but getting used to it, plus it's how max is actually feeling so you can relate more. Giving up on getting every clue and golden gun part though, it's taking a lot away from the flow of the game. I'll get them in my next playthrough.

dont worry about finding those stuff, after you finish the game, you can choose what chapter you want to play and also what checkpoint in each chapter you want to play

If it's ok I would like to join also. Cheers

M!Ck^ wrote: »

If it's ok I would like to join also. Cheers

Sent you an invite there man, the more the merrier! 32 members now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i love the single player, its absolutely stunning. i think it might be pushing the ps3 to its limits graphically, its on a par with uncharted 3 graphics wise (IMO). game feels like a movie, have to admit i didn't like the way the cut scenes stepped in randomly during gameplay but it kinda makes the game story flow more in a way i'm getting used to it now. currently on chapter III and some sections are quite tough and you can find yourself spawned in an area with little ammo facing a lot of bad guys. I'm playing on hard because i want to unlock hardcore and old school modes to play again. i absolutely love this game, this and RDR will NEVER be traded in. rockstar never disappoint me. :)

Sent you an invite there man, the more the merrier! 32 members now.

Thanks man, are you guys palying now?

Il be on around 11. Would b good to get a few boards crew on the same team

• Advertisement

Holy Crap that is Moss from the IT Crowd! I shot a server to see if he would say thing and he said 'you know I'll have to fix that right?' Genius Rockstar!!

551070_10151731981080694_496676680693_24269489_795196152_n.jpg

Advertisement