Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ep82 gt tubro toyota starlet nct help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

VIN plate should be on the bulkhead, they don't care if the engine is the one that left the factory.

Presume it's another "1.3 on da log book laad" jobbie. they're all 1.3 on the log book. Insurance company are the only ones who care whether it's turbo.

Bulkhead is the big metal bit under the wipers behind the engine. otherwise known as firewall.

You're not the first person to insure a GT as a normal Starlet. I assume this is what you're at?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ShtoyyyGT wrote: »
    cheers

Who are you insured with and what's your policy number? If only the NCT checked things like this, insurance would be cheaper for us all.

EDIT: actually is there a reason they don't?

NCT shouldn't be a problem.

If you're insuring it as a 1.3 XLi or whatever, you may as well just cancel your insurance and print up a fake disc. Insurance companies have been dealing with this since the late 90s, they know the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

The V.I.N. number is stamped onto the plate in the red square and its also stamped into the bulkhead just beside it, on the left I think.

was talking to you on TOC :)

icstarletengine.jpg

There is a number on the engine, but it doesn't really have to correspond to anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

How should the OP go about correcting the error on his log book?

tuxy wrote: »
    How should the OP go about correcting the error on his log book?

there is no error on his logbook, the logbook only states the engines c.c. not aspiration.

Now the OP has deleted his posts.

At least I have his IP address, and will send the guards around tomorrow.

muhahaha

• Advertisement

ShtoyyyGT wrote: »

yeh its not just insuring it once i get the nct i can insure it grand cause im on a 316 e30 already so once i get this on it will be fine money wise just want to know can i get it nctd, more for the s ...

38 minutes ago in Motors by ShtoyyyGT 9 Replies
    cheers

47 minutes ago in Motors by ShtoyyyGT 8 Replies
    ahw grand i should be ok then once they dont match it off the engine, tbh i never heard of them doing that but my dad said there they do and he was in the motor trade for years, i think hes trying to ...

50 minutes ago in Motors by ShtoyyyGT 8 Replies
    yeh thats exactly it like its a 1.3 on the log book but a 1.3 turbo, do they definatly not care?, whats the bulkhead now hah i know somethings but not that hahaha

54 minutes ago in Motors by ShtoyyyGT 4 Replies

a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

andyseadog wrote: »
    there is no error on his logbook, the logbook only states the engines c.c. not aspiration.

So there is no model identification on the log book?

tuxy wrote: »
    So there is no model identification on the log book?

it will specify a 3 door starlet 1.3, which it essentially is. i presume its down to him whether he wants to declare the fact that its a turbo or not.

we wont go down the road of not declaring things to your insurance, its done to death and we both know whats right from wrong.

Revenue differentiate between models on their calculator, so the option of 1.3 TURBO 3dr is there if anyone wanted to register the car properly.

Advertisement