Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone else getting a sense that Autumn is here ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Can't beat the smell of wood smoke at dusk in the Autumn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Candie wrote: »
    One of my favourite words :)

I remember a poem that I think had a line that went something like 'August's dying verdant fecundity....' , and whenever I see a garden that has that overblown August look, all extravagant and flashy like woman wearing too much jewelry, I think of the line.

Google doesn't know the poem I'm talking about, but if anyone else does let me know.:)

As I roved out one evening fair by the verdant braes of Skreen...

(we were made sing this in school)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Candie wrote: »
    Boots!

I know, love when the boots come in the shops. I'm on the hunt for a pair of ankle boots (I know specifically what I want) but can't find any. I'm having a great time looking at all the boots online though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MushyCork

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Liberty Caps!

The season is well and truly here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

St Patrick's day next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I hate this thread. All I have is the dry season and the rainy season :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I hate this thread. All I have is the dry season and the rainy season :mad:.

It's kinda been like that here this year!
    Lovely color this year and an abundance of berries. Misty today and tbh the first time I'v felt the threat of winter. Ah well it was a good summer and autumn, going to enjoy the last few weeks before the clocks go back and the grey damp coldish miserable weather sets in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    It's kinda been like that here this year!
    Lovely color this year and an abundance of berries. Misty today and tbh the first time I'v felt the threat of winter. Ah well it was a good summer and autumn, going to enjoy the last few weeks before the clocks go back and the grey damp coldish miserable weather sets in.

This may have been the driest year in Ireland. I remember wondering where all the rain had gone. Even though I am sad I won't be seeing autumn and winter (I love the winter most), I was kind of glad to escape the summer and it's mind effingly long days. I hate them. I am a night owl and they just mess with my mind. For that reason alone, I am happy to be back in good old Africa where the sun sets at 5:45 and the stars light up the sky until the sun rises again, 12 hours later, like clockwork. There's a certain comfort in that constant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Although I usually hate the saying: it's very Irish. :)

Irish women in particular. Absolute nutters among us when it comes to temperature!

Every country says that about their women ime ;)

No Autumn here. Great weather and not so great weather and that's it. I miss it. Loved it in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Very autumnal here today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

This year I have noticed that the hawthorn trees are covered with an abundance of very red berries.
    It's said that it's a sign of a hard winter, but I think it is a sign that we had a good summer.

Anyway, red berries for me mean autumn is truly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

Really Autumnal in County Meath the past 2 days ONLY - leaves dropping fast, it's lovely in the Sunset ..... but AHHH NOOOO Winter on the way.:(. But have to admit, love the excuse to light the stove after so long - so comforting, when there's a tiny chill ....!:)

Advertisement