Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I have almost 200 Megadrive games and I have absolutely none of the games you just got :D

Nice work, they all look to be in good condition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

o1s1n wrote: »
    I have almost 200 Megadrive games and I have absolutely none of the games you just got :D

Nice work, they all look to be in good condition.
    #
    you dont have starflight? ...for shame man..for shaaaaaaaaaaaame.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Got a CIB starflight in a big bundle of games last year, still have to play it though!

Master of the Universe

I must be the only person who doesn't have a copy so. :eek:

/Off to ebay yet again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Always wanted to play Megalomania, most of my Amiga friends were addicted to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I must be the only person who doesn't have a copy so. :eek:

/Off to ebay yet again
    I love it , kind of a 2 version of Elite,actually ..must play it again!
    to the retroroom!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Always wanted to play Megalomania, most of my Amiga friends were addicted to it.

I'm bringing along my A1200 just incase there are any multi-player games worth having a bash at (if there's a spare CRT to connect it to). Mega-lo-Mania is on it so if it's free you could have a quick bash just to see it in action if you liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Got Samurai Showdown 5 for the ps2

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭spark1976

Went home to the parents house today, tore up the attic and junk room for old games. Managed to find a couple of good mega cd games.. found the box for shining force but no CD :( Others include Keio Flying Squardon, Slipheed, Batman, Dune, Pitfall, SolFeace etc..Does anyone know how to play them on the PC as i have no mega cd...

Best of all...

Master of the Universe

If you don't have a Mega CD sure just give them to me instead. That Snatcher game isn't very good anyway...it's not worth much either.

:pac:

You can play them on a PC with a Megadrive emulator.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

If you don't have a Mega CD sure just give them to me instead. That Snatcher game isn't very good anyway...it's not worth much either.

Along with that Keio Flying Squadron :D

Picked up Comix Zone about 20 mins ago. Pics to come soon as I'm expecting 2 things in the post tomorrow :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

spark1976 wrote: »
    Went home to the parents house today, tore up the attic and junk room for old games. Managed to find a couple of good mega cd games.. found the box for shining force but no CD :( Others include Keio Flying Squardon, Slipheed, Batman, Dune, Pitfall, SolFeace etc..Does anyone know how to play them on the PC as i have no mega cd...

Best of all...

If your looking for a Sega CD console, i'm selling my multi-mega on adverts with some games, take a look if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭spark1976

Unfortuantely thats way out of my price range mate! Thanks anyways...

Bangai-O for the Dreamcast just arrived today :]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sega rally for the DC arrived today :)

Just need to burn a new copy of utopia to get it to work as it's a jap version.

Sega rally for the DC arrived today :)

Just need to burn a new copy of utopia to get it to work as it's a jap version.

Why not just burn a Sega Rally PAL copy, or a NTSC-J version that is bootable from the start?

Nah it's not the same :P

Plus it'd feel like I was cheating after buying it and waiting for it to arrive :P

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Picked his up will throw a few more pics later

abb96b9c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Paid 15 quid for these this afternoon... Really happy that their complete. Guy on adverts was selling them
    [IMG][/img]3552b50e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Marvel vs Capcom 2 on the PS2 for €8 in Gamestop.
    Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

Ok so i went charity shop shopping today to find my N64 ac adapter and i ended up getting loads of other stuff, after expressing an interest in one Spectrum the woman in the shop gave me loads of things, it was all free too, because she said old computer stuff doesnt sell, some of the things she even had in the back room... and they smell like they were there for a long time. The pictures are really bad because i cant use my mams camera, I'll take a better photo if someone wants a better look... no point doing it all again if its just junk.

So are any of these things worth something or did i just waste my time?

Two Speccys with no wires, they are in perfect condition and one even tells you how to use a spectrum on it, which is cute.
    PICT0854.jpg

the next is one of those bbc home computers, it has no wires either. but its in fairly good nick.
    PICT0862.jpg

Then theres a C64, i think its just rubbish because it has nothing with it, i just took it because i felt it was rude to pick and choose if she was giving it to me for free.
    PICT0861.jpg

Then theres a boxed Commodore 600, it seems to have everything with it including a joystick, two weird spinny wheels made of paper and the booklet to a street fighter game thats kind of entertaining. Did you know Ryu, Dhalsim and Guile are all Blood type O?
    PICT0860.jpg

And Finally something really snazzy, its Commodore 1541 - II disk deive, its in the box with all the books, but i dont know if its to use with the C64 or the C600
    PICT0853.jpg

Oh and I'm really sorry if this thread it me blocking up the forum!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wow, can't believe you got all that for free. Hope it's all working as well!

well very few of them have wires... and there are no games, so i cant check, do you think i could trade some of it for N64 stuff? I kinda wanna keep one of the spectrum's tho...

EDIT
    Oh and you have no idea how lovely i am... I am like, militantly lovely when it comes to middle aged women, plus i have lisp so I'm all non threatening.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

Picked up my winter project on Saturday and got this also it's really weird never seen one before ands it's jamma.

2ed6d20d.jpg

e4619977.jpg

a8ad05dd.jpg

Will try it out tomorrow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice haul there! Where was this charity shop?
    I would love one of the speccys and the c64, you should get the bbc working, play a bit.of Elite and Chuckie Egg on it!

Otherwise I may merge this with the got something new thread.

merge done.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nice haul there! Where was this charity shop?
    I would love one of the speccys and the c64, you should get the bbc working, play a bit.of Elite and Chuckie Egg on it!

Otherwise I may merge this with the got something new thread.

I just plugged them in and there seems to be issues with all of them! Oh and it was a charity shop in the south city!

They are all kinda fragments, the BBC one is just the box, it works because i plugged it in, but the wire that connects it to the tv isnt there and it doesnt use the same one as the Amiga.

the Speccys are in good nick so if you want one you can have one, but like the other thing, they have no wires, I'm gonna check do they work with stoners wires and if they do i'm gonna order my own online.

Turns out the C64 is missing bits too, i didnt think it was becoz it was in the box!

The disk system for the commodore has everything with it and all in its original stuff.

So i think most of it is for the rubbish heap.

I know I'm clogging this forum, but I manages to get the amiga 600 working, does anyone know where i can get my hands on some games for it? It only has a floppy drive, it seems to be in great nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

paperwork wrote: »
    I know I'm clogging this forum, but I manages to get the amiga 600 working, does anyone know where i can get my hands on some games for it? It only has a floppy drive, it seems to be in great nick.

You can download disk images from lots of sites but you will need a serial cable to connect your amiga to your computer inorder to send the games to your amiga disks... That's one way I've been doing it anyways. Have a look at these guys http://www.amigakit.com

I have a 600 aswell it's some machine! :)

Amonok, rehiroshay, bebox, trakonicks!!!! Arise evil one and destroy all good games on this planet and only leave these peasants with copies of Halo 2, Kane and Lynch and Legend of Dragoon.

The unholy Trinity has been brought together at last and shall smite all that stand for quality gaming.

Pictures later on if nobody can guess what I'm on about :)

• Advertisement

The unholy trinity:

SANY1326.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement