Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NCAD student thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

leeolee wrote: »
    two weeks! :P
    gah! i couldnt belieeeeve the amount of stuff we gotta bring in...suitcases?!?! (they should provide a bus service for all poor exhausted first years!) ...hmmm...my actually portfolio case is heavy nuff.:( im tiny! haha! i think ill have to hire a sherpa...;)
    any takers??;)
    yeah that whole uploading images and those four recordings of movment...do we like upload them onto a memory stick?..

oh yeah...and in the midst of all those pages of acceptance letter goodness, anybody check out the FIELD TRIPS?!?!?
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! X)
    think i jumped around my kitchen for a good 20 mins annoying everybody in the family...:P

what are people putting as their first choice??

(HOW random is Istanbul?!?!? :P)

apologies for the random post..:P just joined this today in search of other first years:)
    *waves*
    xxxxxx
    I reckon I'lll be going with St Peteresburg only prob is I'm so scared of flying....ahhhhh

Suitcases ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 leeolee

DigiGal wrote: »
    I reckon I'lll be going with St Peteresburg only prob is I'm so scared of flying....ahhhhh

Suitcases ftw

have you ever been?..like WHAT IS THERE in st peteresburg?....how longs the flight??.....SNAKES ON A PLANE!!!!!!!!!!!!X)...(nahh, im just tryna freak ya out ..lol!)

so suitcases?.....jebus...ive 'collected' all of like..TWO things...f***...:s
    xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Inso Maniac

have you ever been?..like WHAT IS THERE in st peteresburg?....how longs the flight??.....SNAKES ON A PLANE!!!!!!!!!!!!X)...(nahh, im just tryna freak ya out ..lol!)

xxxx

THE ROMANOV PALACE IS IN ST PETERSBURGE!!!!xDDDD wooper!!!^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

I want to go to St. Petersburg too! I want to see all the snow and the men in the big furry hats. :D

I want to go to St. Petersburg too! I want to see all the snow and the men in the big furry hats. :D
    I want to buy A big furry hat

• Advertisement

xxxx
    Na but the buildings are cool

Its not the snakes I'm worried about its plummenting with the aforementioned snakes from 60'000 feet in the air into my firey death before I even get my degree

Na but the buildings are cool

Its not the snakes I'm worried about its plummenting with the aforementioned snakes from 60'000 feet in the air into my firey death before I even get my degree
    I have feck all done too :(

I have feck all done too :(

i collected 3 things that make a sound.....XDDD...my box is full now though...¬¬ i think i need a bigger box....><

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

What books are in your list? I just want to read them and see what sort of direction NCAD is giving you.

Also, if you're carrying a suitcase, attach a lawnmower motor to it and voila! You don't have to push it. You sit on the suitcase and use it as a motorbike. ;)

What books are in your list? I just want to read them and see what sort of direction NCAD is giving you.

Also, if you're carrying a suitcase, attach a lawnmower motor to it and voila! You don't have to push it. You sit on the suitcase and use it as a motorbike. ;)

erm one book is a world history of art and the other history of modern design.....i think...^^

• Advertisement

Totally doing that!

i collected 3 things that make a sound.....XDDD...my box is full now though...¬¬ i think i need a bigger box....><
    I have 3 things that make a sound, 4 surfaces, a set of fragments, 3 examples of a diff culture.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Totally doing that!

Remember to poast pics of your rig.
    Then bring it into NCAD.
    Instant Profit!!!

I have 3 things that make a sound, 4 surfaces, a set of fragments, 3 examples of a diff culture.....

ahhh what do thery mean bout items of clothing that can be dismantled?? like clothes that can be taken apart but put back together easily...or clothes that your willing to destroy??O.O

...meeepp......4 days left...><

ahhh what do thery mean bout items of clothing that can be dismantled?? like clothes that can be taken apart but put back together easily...or clothes that your willing to destroy??O.O

four days!?!?! :O ........no wayyyyyyyyy........eeeeek!
    what time are people headin in at for reg??
    xxx

four days!?!?! :O ........no wayyyyyyyyy........eeeeek!
    what time are people headin in at for reg??
    xxx

well you can either go in a 10 or 2...i say go at 10 cos what if by 2 all the goody bags are gone??TT__TT

well you can either go in a 10 or 2...i say go at 10 cos what if by 2 all the goody bags are gone??TT__TT

ten then yah?..
    teehee...goodie bags...x) ..any ideas what might be in them??;)
    xxx

ten then yah?..
    teehee...goodie bags...x) ..any ideas what might be in them??;)
    xxx

10 yes!!^^ ooher...erm.....nyaaa i have no idea what these goody bags will contain..@__@ for some reason i keep thiniing of those goody bags you get when you go to a 7 year old's birthday party.....SWEETS FTW!!!!!!!!XDDD

I was wondering the same, so I have a bitta both lol

I was wondering the same, so I have a bitta both lol

teehee....goody bag contains : a box of 6 crayola crayons (half used)
    , a cereal bar ( sell by date : the 1st of july 1996) , some staples (already used) , and a coke bottle lid............

wehey! X)
    xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 unugh

I thought we start on the 28th ?
    My registration is for tomorrow , is it just 1st years tommorow?

unugh wrote: »
    I thought we start on the 28th ?
    My registration is for tomorrow , is it just 1st years tommorow?

registration for 1st years is the 24th ...(thurs)...

ehm and classes are strtin on the 28th??? ehm yeah? are you a first year?

Im going into core year but my letter said Iv to register on the 22nd at 10.30 or 2.Maybe they are only taking small groups per day ?

Im going into core year but my letter said Iv to register on the 22nd at 10.30 or 2.Maybe they are only taking small groups per day ?

oh really?? i think you should call em to make sure...cos they do say like each tour last 45 mins and its a total of 20 in each group and theres less than 100 core students roite??......
    anyhoo yay!! another first year!! HI HI!!!!! *waves*^^

• Registered Users Posts: 39 qwertyu

Yeah i'm reg'ing tomo...i think non LC results ppl are tomo...cos ive a few mates from LC in on thurs but the ones who are from PLC/otherwise are tomorrow.

cool.that makes sense.im in the non LC group.

and to Inso Maniac theres over 100 core year students.qualifax had like 135 but its really about 150-160.

cool.that makes sense.im in the non LC group.

and to Inso Maniac theres over 100 core year students.qualifax had like 135 but its really about 150-160.
    Its 172 this year

Its 172 this year

HOLY MO FO!!!! SERIOUSLY????????????@___@ and they where all like...ahh even last year we went over our limit by having 80 ppl rather than 70..DUM DUM DUM..... does that mean they went way over their limit this year????o.O

2 days!!!!!!!!! uwaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...>____<

Well.....its 2morro

• Advertisement

Well.....its 2morro

it was 2 days ago...@__@ college is so intense....><

Advertisement