Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3" & 5.8"

Options
  • 12-04-2013 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

So two new phones above the Note II. Are they just getting too big and where does that leave the Note III?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/11/samsung-galaxy-mega-6-3-5-8/
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/04/samsung-galaxy-mega-hands-on-review/

Two display sizes: 6.3″ and 5.8″, both are “HD”, which means 720p
    Dual-core Snapdragon processor (1.7GHz), 1.5GB RAM
    Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    8 Megapixel Rear Camera, 1.0 Megapixel front camera
    WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0
    LTE 100Mbps, HSPA+ 21Mbps (will vary depending on region)
    8GB or 16GB of internal storage (+microSD, 64GB max)
    167.6 x 88 x 8mm, 199g
    3200 mAh battery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I have one of the Chinese 5" phones and I find the size just about perfect. It seemed big at first but now I wouldn't consider buying a phone under 4.5"

6.3" is just a little too big for me though. My current phone already digs itself into my hip bone if I sit forward with it in my pocket. I can also just - just - type one-handed on it, any bigger and I'd need both hands free to text.

I like the split screen feature though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

This will be a different track to the Note, I'm nearly sure of it. The Note 3 will probably be the flagship device, these seem to be more exploratory devices rather than main stream samsung. They're both under powered compared to the present note as well, so I'm assuming the note 3 will be much more powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Right, nexus 7 as a phone... Wtf?!

Some people just want the biggest thing they can fit in their pocket, and I can understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Some people just want the biggest thing they can fit in their pocket, and I can understand that.

Exactly some people want a mobile device that is more about multimedia than about being a neat talk and text device and as long as there's that kind of demand there'll be devices this size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I have the S3 and find the size fine and would probably go a little bigger but the size of them two phones would be a big no for me. 3200 mAh battery would be nice though!!!

Advertisement