Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vinyl Player: Help!!

• 31-07-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    I've recently become interested in vinyls, i bought a few the other day as i remembered i had a old vinyl player lying around at home and said I'd try it out when i get home.

Got home and tried it out, Surprisingly it worked but the speaker in it seems to have had its day and outputs very poor quality. was wondering could i replace the speaker in it with a modern one or a better sounding quality one?Is it Easy?

The Make of the player is "Supraphon" and the Model number is: GE 101
    cant seem to find much on the internet about it.

(Below I've attached photo's)

Anyone have a same problem, solution, or knowedge in this general area?

Feedback would be much appreciated

Thanks,
    MisterSun:cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Moved from Headphones & Portable Audio Devices

• Registered Users Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

You could try a car breakers, they might be able to provide a speaker of the right dimensions. I had a Fiat Tipo where the front speakers were about that size and shape. Think they might have been. 6x4 inches.

If the speaker is actually faulty, a new one might improve the sound a bit, but in all honesty it is unlikely you will get more than a fairly meagre and tinny sound out of that. It may not be the speaker but the electrics that are at fault, given its age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

the stylus is probably filthy and worn as well... and will damage any new LPs. If you're looking for a cheap and cheerful LP player try a USB turntable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andrejaa aaa1234

Do you have a black plug like thing in the q port? If you do, try playing around with it (such as pulling it out slightly) and the speaker plug. It works for mine. My only issue is a squeeky wheel now.

Advertisement