Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Yesterday my four year old plonked down on the sofa, switched on his toy stereo, listened for a bit, then said 'This takes me back.'
    I asked him what he meant and his reply was' You know Mammy, to when I was young!'
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

She climbed up on the couch next to me....grabbed my face and gave me a kiss on the cheek, then she put her head on my lap and closed her eyes for her nap :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A friend was saying good bye to us and said to her look after your mammy so she put her arms around me and said I look after you:) she is 23 months old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

Driving home from creche yesterday, baby rylie was in a particurlarly chatty mood. Conversation went something like this-

baby rylie: mammy?
    me: yes love
    baby rylie: car
    me: yep, there's a car over there
    me: yes
    baby rylie: light
    me: yes the christmas lights are lovely
    me: yes
    baby rylie: bus
    me: yep there's a bus

This went on another while as he pointed out pretty much everything he knew the word of. Eventually....

me: yes love
    baby rylie: .....hiya mammy

Awwww he's too cute!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Not today, last night..
    age 7.. squeeszed into her new skinny jeans and said .wow mummy these skinny jeans are so cool'....pause....'Do they make skinny jeans for fat old people?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

4 yr old is flattened on the couch after his first morning in pre-school in a wk, so the 2 yr old little sis just brought him his teddy. ahh
    they look after each other all the time - she will never take a cookie or a sweet without taking one for him and he makes sure to include her is his little games.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

so cute:)

my little girl keeps giving me her hand to help me up off chairs,it is so funny:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

My 15-month old, who is proving to be quite the fussy eater (i.e.: she'll go days w/ barely a bite, and don't even *try* anything with color) has today been sitting on the couch...eating the dog's dry food.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I got 'Me not a baby' for the first time from my 2 year old daughter this week...

She's just at the point where she's having little conversations with us using sentences, loving it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I woke up this morning to the sound of my 20 month old little boy trying his very best to whistle a song!
    When my hubby whistled back, my little boy shouted "yaay yaay" as if he knew it was party time!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

my three year old said 'mam you're so cool, cooler than cheryl cole!' :D i dont know where she gets it from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

santy came to my six year olds school today, they all got a wee polaroid photo to bring home, the conversation went like this;

ME: oh wow! santy came, was it brilliant?
    RACH: well he wasn't the real santy mammy..
    ME: how do you know?
    RACH: well, he didn't have the voice for it. and his belly didn't wobble like a bowlful of jelly.
    ME: oh.. right.. well, he must have been one of santys helpers then.
    RACH: nah, he was just some man in a suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭babs.jones

On Christmas day my 6 yo gave us an amazing card that he wrote by him self he also put a tenner in it. He also turned to his daddy during dinner and said " your not just any daddy, your my best friend" I had to leave the table because of the tears. He is really a sweetheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Was planning to start potty training my two and a half yr old this week.

Three days ago he ripped off his nappy and peed (standing up :D) into his potty and showed me his trick. 3 days later I have a wee boy who poops and pees in the potty, pushes me out of the bathroom for 'privacy' -AND empties the potty into the toilet. (I must show him where the Milton is).

Typical proud mammy here thinks I have me a child genius :):D:).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Not my child but I was visting a friend and her 22 month old today.

Child is sitting on her daddy's lap, looks up at him and says "I love you Daddy", big smile from him and she continues..... "and Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Went to their Dad's today for two nights. :D

"I am your baby Dinosaur mammy" from my lovely just gone 2 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Addie loves doing Dino noises to scare her baby sister!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

My girls are so cute and loving, constantly saying how much they love you, last night i was sitting with the laptop doing some work, my 8 yr old was on my hubbies laptop signed into his facebook to chat to her uncle and up pops a chat window from her saying mammy I LOVE YOU so much xxxxxx mwah, I thought it was so cute. Then today just as I finished doing my hair and makeup I came down and the 4 yr old says ooooh mammy you look pretty, I said you look pretty too and she said but mammy you look the prettiest in the whole wide world. I love my babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

my princess and i were messing on the bed, diving on one another and tickles and she leapt up and pointed her finger at me and announced " I AM THE DANNI......... MINOGUE.... YOU WILL NOT FAITH....*sniggers*... I MEAN FIGHT! WITH ME!"

i love my little looper :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ASVM

my baby finger fed herself little bits of food and wailed for more when they were all gone it was so cute i couldn't help smiling!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

My 2 and a half year old follow his mammy around the supermarket saying cookoo whilst twirling his finger at his temple after I showed him too. It was pretty funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Had every intention of being a grouch this morning when I was woken up. Don't like mornings, have to go back to work, leave warm bed....

But when I opened my eyes, my 5 month old was there lying beside me waiting for me to wake up and then grinned at me.

I'm such a softie :o

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭corsica

Son home from creche - "Megan says she lives in a toy. She couldn't live in a toy!!!"

(We think she lives in Athy).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

corsica wrote: »
    Son home from creche - "Megan says she lives in a toy. She couldn't live in a toy!!!"

(We think she lives in Athy).

My brother is called David and when he started school he came home upset and said the teacher said he was dirty, what actually happened is that the teacher called out the roll in irish and called him Daithi not dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭corsica

deisemum wrote: »
    My brother is called David and when he started school he came home upset and said the teacher said he was dirty, what actually happened is that the teacher called out the roll in irish and called him Daithi not dirty.

:D Funny what they hear! Daughter at 3yo also had a funny one, though her best friend's surname was "don't know who" (donohoe)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My 4 year old told me for the first time that he loved me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I had to go to the doctor yesterday. My three year old said 'I;ll come and mind you in the doctor's mommy. He'll take your germs away.'

It made up for telling me I have ears like Bob the Builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Was having a tough day and felt at my lowest point. When I burnt my hand on the cooker I burst into tears. My 2 yr old ran to his room, grabbed his pj bottoms and wiped the tears from my face with them. Hugs, giggles and tears all round.

He is such a lovable wee boy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Caught him pretending to feed his dinner to his teddy and nagging him for not eating it: a perfect imitation of me or his mum usually nagging (stern voice and finger wag included) him about finishing his dinner.

:)

Advertisement