Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due January/February 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hey guys - i just posted the following on the TTC thread as have spent so much time there i had to let the ladies know my story and really cant write it out again so apologies for the copy and paste!!! :

I dont really know how to start this post...... the last time i was on i was worried as was 5ish weeks and had some serious cramping, which was a hugely worrying time. Obviously then we got the hcg test results and felt a ittle more positive but still terrified! At that stage we booked a private early scan for 7 weeks for reassurance....and that was today!

Needless to say we were all over the place, completely anxious and stressed out! Went in and she did an external ultrasound and after a short minute she said she'd have to do a transvaginal scan (dildocam....copyright detective/capri? cant remember:p) I was a bit worried then.
    But off she went anyway (into my lady garden...lord that will always be mortifying!!!) and found a sac with a baby in it :) there was a little heartbeat and i was extremely overwhelmed!! She did the measurements and told me that it looked 6 weeks 2 days...my dates have me 7 weeks 1 day so i am a little concerned about that.... anyway, there we were proud as punch and then i noticed my husband tilting his head and squiting his eyes at the monitor with a confused look on his face....yup....you've guessed it...she found a second sac!!!:eek::eek:
    So the second baby is measuring 6 weeks 6 days (more in line with our dates) and also has a strong heartbeat ( i think their heartbeats were 110bbm and 125bbm respectively). I nearly fell off the bed!!!:D:D
    Have never been more shocked in my life!! She went on to say that there was evidence of bleeding behind one of the sacs and that sometimes that can be an indicator of miscarraige :( However she told us there was no reason for us to be negative as it often just disappears! We have to go back this day 2 weeks for a follow up to make sure the little one is catching up with its bigger brother/sister!! :eek:
    My head is all over the place! Obviously im completely over the moon, im just maybe a little overwhelmed! I know nothing about twins and just pray to god that they will both be strong enough to hang on, now i know they're both there it would crush me to have to say goodbye to one or other of them.

Twins.......i just never even imagined it as a possibility!!!!:D:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Congrats Dublinlady! double trouble :D can't blame you for being overwhelmed, I would be too. Once you get over the shock it will be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

congrats dublinlady, we're about 5 weeks ahead. dont worry your not alone when it comes to not having a notion of twins. these will be our first. exact dates are a bit sticky at the moment for us (i.v.f.) .going for a twelve week scan to tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Congratulations DublinLady :D Parents of twins should get a special award, I don't know how they do it :D Hope all goes well with the next scan xx

Best of luck with your 12 week scan today Doubletrouble :D

Best of luck with your 12 week scan today Doubletrouble :D
    thanks hannibal, just back from the scan. everything so far so good. one was 11wks-5days and the other was 12 wks-3 days. he said theres a 5 days difference but there shouldn't be anything to worry about. next scan is in two weeks. he said because it's twins we'll be scanned more frequent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

thanks hannibal, just back from the scan. everything so far so good. one was 11wks-5days and the other was 12 wks-3 days. he said theres a 5 days difference but there shouldn't be anything to worry about. next scan is in two weeks. he said because it's twins we'll be scanned more frequent.

congrats on the scan! :D and congrats to dublinlady too!! what an overwhelming but pleasant surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 setlikejelly

oh my god,, congrats dublinlady so happy for you, I had my 12 week scan yesterday in Mayo, it was amazing, all the nurses were great. Saw our little baby moving around and waving. cant wait for next scan...

Brilliant! :D You must be delighted. Do you know if they're identical or non-identical? I suppose the difference in dates is down to the machine calculating it by size is it? I was the smaller twin, so I feel a kind of camaraderie with smaller twins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MiMi P

Hi ladies - more good news I see - we have our 12 week scan tomorrow. My stomach has been quite unwell this week, no matter what I eat - lots of gas and cramping.
    Today I had alot of cramping but no discharge and I find it hard to sleep at night - has anyone else experienced anything like this??? Some of the cramps were quite sharp today - not sure if it's trapped wind or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oh this thread is great!

(Sorry for posting anonymously but we have decided not to tell anyone til I am 3 months gone and some people on here know me "in real life"!)

I'm about 5 weeks gone (I'm such an eejit, I never took a note of my period because I'm as regular as clockwork and I can't exactly remember when it was).

I kinda knew before I even did the pregnancy test that I am expecting because I have lots of stereotypical symptoms: Sore breasts (I can't lie on my tummy to sleep), needing to pee all the time, feeling sick (thankfully no vomiting but lots of nausea), and little twinges low in my pelvis).

Went to the GP yesterday finally to confirm it. I don't really know anything about the "procedure" so I was quite surprised that he just chatted to me, gave me the name of a good gyny and sent me off to the lab for the blood test (I, ahem, arranged my lady garden in case he would be looking down there!). I told him about the twinges he was getting but he said it's probably just the ligaments that are holding the uterus getting a bit sore because of the uterus getting bigger. Also told me the baby is 1cm long! Bit disappointed when he said I can't really continue doing step aerobics, he said I should swim instead.

So now I have the gyn apt made for two weeks from now.

I left the gp visit a bit late cos I was worried about I don't know, it actually being real, and also my partners reaction. Told him yesterday and he is delighted, so I am super happy!

The big thing I am worried about is telling my parents because they are quite traditional and we are not married (and are not especially interested in getting married) so bit stressed about how they will react.

Gosh, it's great to get that out cos I can't really talk to anyone yet!

• Advertisement

Brilliant! :D You must be delighted. Do you know if they're identical or non-identical? I suppose the difference in dates is down to the machine calculating it by size is it? I was the smaller twin, so I feel a kind of camaraderie with smaller twins :D
    hannibal they're non-identical. we did I.V.F. this was our 2nd attempt. i know theres only a few days between them according to the scans but we're still very cautious until the O.H. gets through the first tremister which i'm happy to say wont be to far off. we're well i'm over the moon. the pregnancy still hasn't hit K yet. we've been working on this for a long time that in a way K still cant believe shes preg with twins and i'd say it'll be a while yet before this hits home.

hannibal they're non-identical. we did I.V.F. this was our 2nd attempt. i know theres only a few days between them according to the scans but we're still very cautious until the O.H. gets through the first tremister which i'm happy to say wont be to far off. we're well i'm over the moon. the pregnancy still hasn't hit K yet. we've been working on this for a long time that in a way K still cant believe shes preg with twins and i'd say it'll be a while yet before this hits home.

Aw that's perfectly understandable. Fingers and toes crossed that she gets over the 12 week line safely.

It's funny how slowly the weeks pass when you're trying to get passed different stages of pregnancy isn't it? One week feels like a month. You never realise how nerve racking it all is. Best of luck with the scan in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GillyBo

Im 13 weeks today!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

I'm gone guys, no heartbeat today so that's that :-(

barbiegirl wrote: »
    aww Barbiegirl, I'm so sorry to read this....*hug*

that's horrible, i'm so sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GillyBo

im so sorry to hear that Barbiegirl :(

Heart goes out to you Barbiegirl..... Difficult time for you.... I know it's no consolation but similar happened to two friends of mine in the last year and both are now pregnant again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

So sorry barbie girl we will all be thinking of you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭rylie

So sorry to hear that barbiegirl, I hope you're doing ok :(

• Advertisement

:mad: I'm so mad, I've just had a work colleague directly ask me if I'm pregnant :eek: This one is an as*hole at the best of times and she literally stopped me on the corridor (with other office doors wide open) and blatantly asked me.

She's the type that'll spend the next 6 months crowing to everyone that she had me sussed. I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction and lied through my teeth! (then felt awful for denying it-like I was jinxing it) I'll have to just make sure she's literally the last to know, grrrrr if it was anyone else but her :mad:

rylie wrote: »
    :mad: I'm so mad, I've just had a work colleague directly ask me if I'm pregnant :eek: This one is an as*hole at the best of times and she literally stopped me on the corridor (with other office doors wide open) and blatantly asked me.

She's the type that'll spend the next 6 months crowing to everyone that she had me sussed. I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction and lied through my teeth! (then felt awful for denying it-like I was jinxing it) I'll have to just make sure she's literally the last to know, grrrrr if it was anyone else but her :mad:

You should have said 'oh I was just about to ask you the same thing' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Red-B

dublinlady wrote: »

Twins.......i just never even imagined it as a possibility!!!!:D:eek::D

Dublinlady congratulations!!! You're not going to believe this but there must be something in the air. I went in for my 7 week scan this morning and was told the very same thing.....IT'S TWINS:D:D

My husband and I are still in a state of shock but so unbelievably happy. We were worried that we wouldn't even be able to have one baby and now we get two:eek:. I just want to tell the world but it's amazing how my conscience keeps stopping me because I just don't want to jinx anything.

Eh lads there's definitely something in the water- I'm expecting twins as well :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

OMG!!!! thats mental!! How far is everyone along? im 8 weeks this weekend with another scan on monday week (at nine weeks) to make sure the slightly smaller baba is growing as its meant to be!
    How u guys feeling? Im feeling good really, no real sickness to report, just some indigestion, my boobs are killing me and im v.tired but other than that nothing really?! Just lucky i hope! I keep thinking it will kick in any day...but getting further and further and no sign!
    I think ive only started getting used to the idea of twins, for the last 5 days ive just been in a confused daze! Its pretty overwhelming!!! Im so so happy tho, i dont want to take them for granted for a second! Now i know theres two in there id do anything i could just to make sure they're safe and healthy!!

Hi dublinlady! I'm 10weeks 3 days today. I've another scan in 2 weeks as one twin is also smaller and has some fluid on their brain so we're going to have a detailed scan to see whats up. Bit worrying but I'm not going to dwell on it for now.

Symptom wise I'm just exhausted, I cannot believe I'll have 3 kids under 2.5 come January!!!!!

I'm 16 weeks today. I woke up last night and felt the little flutters of the baby, it was lovely!

rylie wrote: »
    Eh lads there's definitely something in the water- I'm expecting twins as well :eek:

That would explain why you are getting bigger earlier! Congrats!

God the week has flown by!!! We had our 12 week scan on Wednesday and it was amazing.... baby was very active and could see hands, feet and spine all very clearly. It's crazy to see all that movement and not feel anything. We heard the heartbeat as well which was very reassuring:D We told our neighbours that evening, both sets are parents of young children and good friends and they were so excited for us. It made evrything seem more real and was all very reassuring. I think I am starting to get over my "this is too good to be true, something is going to go wrong" phase and am really looking forward to the next 27 weeks;) Was asked about antenatal classes at the docs..... hadn't even though that far ahead!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Red-B

Hi Rylie and Dublinlady. I'm only 6 weeks so still very early for me. I have to go back in on monday week for another scan as they'll have grown a lot since and we'll be able to see a lot more.
    Only since i've been for my scan i've been feeling very sick but not actually getting sick. It was so bad I couldn't even sleep so I put lavender on my pillow last night and slept like a log:)
    Telling our parents this weekend so it'll be good to get people's excitement rubbed off on us.
    Have any of you told many people yet?

Advertisement